Console base game suggestions

So i cant tag anyone on my ps4 so if someone could tag some devs it would be greatly appreciated. So ill start by saying i love the game even the broken console version  when it wants to work but im afraid even after the update there are gonna be some gameplay issues "compared to pc". While i know that blitworks has their hands full and also that mods are just not an option for console maybe you could add a piece of a mod all im suggesting is external fuel lines so you can have a permanent refueler on a planetary body without having to bring one every time you go there or having to try to dock with it. Its doubtfull this will happen but here is my optimistic suggestion. thank you!

I think the big reason we haven't seen any interest on these type of parts from Squad is they tend to be flaky.  It's OK for a mod, but people will expect better from the game if it is stock.

What happens is when you connect two craft with a fuel line in KAS, it's just like a docking port.  The two craft become one.  This is fine when close together but even a small distance apart can cause issues.  The center of mass shifts when the two craft are connected.  When those two craft sit on a surface at slightly different elevations, bad things happen. 

You load the craft while entering physics range and the game tries to put them at an elevation equal to the location of the center of mass. Since you have two craft merged as one across an inclined elevation, the center of mass is half way down the slope and the higher craft ends up partly inside the planet while the lower craft ends up slightly above.  Then physics kick in and the lower craft may fall a bit, but the upper craft is propelled upward due to collision forces and comes crashing back down.  If you are lucky it lands back on it's legs and survives, but it doesn't always.

Until a solution to that problem can be found I doubt KAS will find a home in stock.

I get all that but it would be worth it or maybe just be able to transfer fuel from a certain distance idk but something like this needs to happen on the next update to make it somewhat playable for console 

6 hours ago, Alshain said:

I think the big reason we haven't seen any interest on these type of parts from Squad is they tend to be flaky.  It's OK for a mod, but people will expect better from the game if it is stock.

What happens is when you connect two craft with a fuel line in KAS, it's just like a docking port.  The two craft become one.  This is fine when close together but even a small distance apart can cause issues.  The center of mass shifts when the two craft are connected.  When those two craft sit on a surface at slightly different elevations, bad things happen. 

You load the craft while entering physics range and the game tries to put them at an elevation equal to the location of the center of mass. Since you have two craft merged as one across an inclined elevation, the center of mass is half way down the slope and the higher craft ends up partly inside the planet while the lower craft ends up slightly above.  Then physics kick in and the lower craft may fall a bit, but the upper craft is propelled upward due to collision forces and comes crashing back down.  If you are lucky it lands back on it's legs and survives, but it doesn't always.

Until a solution to that problem can be found I doubt KAS will find a home in stock.

EVA Transfer. All the fun of resource transfer with pipes without all the craft merging. Been using this one forever, would make a great addition to stock IMO (as would many of DMagic's mods).

4 hours ago, jake867 said:

I get all that but it would be worth it or maybe just be able to transfer fuel from a certain distance idk but something like this needs to happen on the next update to make it somewhat playable for console 

That's a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think?  I haven't played the game with any kind of fuel transfer (other than docking ports) in years.  In fact I only tried KAS once.  It's isn't unplayable without it, plenty of people do it.

I would love to see something that works like KAS in stock, don't get me wrong on that.  They just have to work out the issues with it, and unfortunately that hasn't been a priority.

3 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

EVA Transfer. All the fun of resource transfer with pipes without all the craft merging. Been using this one forever, would make a great addition to stock IMO (as would many of DMagic's mods).

I haven't ever seen that one but based on the screenshot, it would need to be reworked to fit into the stock game IMO.  The whole sliders window would need to go.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.