This is getting on my nerves!

Ever since that new update of "Away with words" my KSP just wont's run. On the starting loadup screen it will load untill 50% and just crash! This is happening on my PC, on  my Laptop, and even on my friends PC!

Sure isn't a coincidence! Is anyone else going through this? BTW here is the crash file...... https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7cEabJEFiM2bm02dGYzZGNWaFU

Please somebody help us fix this?

Thank you

21 minutes ago, carss said:

Ok thank you, but should I post this in that thread or should I post it right here in this one?

Right here in this thread is the best place. :)

Also, when uploading the logs, please send them to a third-party site first, such as Dropbox. The forum can't handle extremely large amounts of text on the screen at once.

Just now, Dman979 said:

Right here in this thread is the best place. :)

Also, when uploading the logs, please send them to a third-party site first, such as Dropbox. The forum can't handle extremely large amounts of text on the screen at once.

Yes don't worry, i have it on my Google drive which I hope is acceptable

It is probably some mod you installed. At least that was the problem for me Try cleaning out all the folders except 'Squad' in your 'GameData' folder. Clean out just the folders, not the files. Then you can add them back one by one to see where the problem is. Basic parts mods seem to work pretty well with 1.3, and some mods, like MechJeb already have updated version that work in 1.3.

1 minute ago, Ty Tan Tu said:

It is probably some mod you installed. At least that was the problem for me Try cleaning out all the folders except 'Squad' in your 'GameData' folder. Clean out just the folders, not the files. Then you can add them back one by one to see where the problem is. Basic parts mods seem to work pretty well with 1.3, and some mods, like MechJeb already have updated version that work in 1.3.

I've only had one mod installed which is the OPT space plane parts. I'll remove that and try

I just tried it and it still crashes!

15 minutes ago, carss said:

I've only had one mod installed which is the OPT space plane parts. I'll remove that and try

I just tried it and it still crashes!

If you had a mod installed then you probably have ModuleManager installed as well. That's the file that allows mods to interface with KSP without altering Squad's game files. Check to see if your version is up to date with 1.3 or remove it. If running KSP 1.3 then ModuleManager should be version 2.8.

It's a set of single files in your GameData folder.

Edited by HvP

2 minutes ago, HvP said:

If you had a mod installed then you probably have ModuleManager installed as well. That's the file that allows mods to interface with KSP without altering Squad's game files. Check to see if your version is up to date with 1.3 or remove it. If running KSP 1.3 then ModuleManager should be version 2.8.

It's a set of single files in your GameData folder.

I actually don't have any module manager, all my mods are installed manually

7 minutes ago, carss said:

I actually don't have any module manager, all my mods are installed manually

ModuleManager is a file that comes bundled with the OPT Spaceplane Parts mod even if you don't use another installer. Are you sure you don't see that file in your GameData folder?

Just now, HvP said:

ModuleManager is a file that comes bundled with the OPT Spaceplane Parts mod even if you don't use another installer. Are you sure you don't see that file in your GameData folder?

Ok hold on let me check

Ah yes I see a bunch of module manager files. One which says 2.7.5.dll

6 minutes ago, carss said:

Ok hold on let me check

Ah yes I see a bunch of module manager files. One which says 2.7.5.dll

Move everything with the name ModuleManager out of your GameData folder first. If you decide to run any mods then you need the newest version which is here https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/127/artifact/ModuleManager-2.8.0.zip

Edited by HvP

You have to install Module Manager.  This is a dependency vor all other mods (and the backdoor for sarbian to make puns on us).

If i may give ypu a sugestion. Try at first a clean vanila install and start the KSP without any mods. May be your install is corrupted  if you ger the game to work, make a copy and mod this copy (absolutely sugested if you have a steam version!)

Actually ypu have like 3 "dependencies" if you install mpdes manualy.

Module Manager(mode integration)

Comunity Ressources Pack (modes play smputh together and use same ressources)

MiniAvac (mode contril for up-to-date versions for your install)

If you have this 3 basics all others work fine together.

But as mentioned try a vanila indtall and tesr for running. Than make a moded copy. Install the 3 dependencies. Install your desired modes. Have fun.

Your problem can be false branch frim the mode you use and at least MiniAvac says you if your mode is actual and playable in your instalk.

Hope this helps!

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

I just tried it with the new 2.8.0 and it still crashes!

8 minutes ago, Urses said:

You have to install Module Manager.  This is a dependency vor all other mods (and the backdoor for sarbian to make puns on us).

If i may give ypu a sugestion. Try at first a clean vanila install and start the KSP without any mods. May be your install is corrupted  if you ger the game to work, make a copy and mod this copy (absolutely sugested if you have a steam version!)

Actually ypu have like 3 "dependencies" if you install mpdes manualy.

Module Manager(mode integration)

Comunity Ressources Pack (modes play smputh together and use same ressources)

MiniAvac (mode contril for up-to-date versions for your install)

If you have this 3 basics all others work fine together.

But as mentioned try a vanila indtall and tesr for running. Than make a moded copy. Install the 3 dependencies. Install your desired modes. Have fun.

Your problem can be false branch frim the mode you use and at least MiniAvac says you if your mode is actual and playable in your instalk.

Hope this helps!

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

I do have the steam edition but how do you do this Vanilla installation? Also should I completely uninstall KSP and reinstall it?

16 minutes ago, HvP said:

Move everything with the name ModuleManager out of your GameData folder first. If you decide to run any mods then you need the newest version which is here https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/127/artifact/ModuleManager-2.8.0.zip

Oddly enough my game still crashed with the 2.8.0 version and I had to revert back to an earlier 2.6.24 dll I had.Let us know how it is going carss

8 minutes ago, carss said:

I just tried it with the new 2.8.0 and it still crashes!

I do have the steam edition but how do you do this Vanilla installation? Also should I completely uninstall KSP and reinstall it?

At this point I believe that a fresh download is your best option. Try running it completely stock. No mods of any kind. No ModuleManager or anything but what you get from the clean install.

Edited by HvP

1 minute ago, HvP said:

At this point I believe that a complete uninstall and fresh download is your best option. Try running it completely stock. No mods of any kind. No ModuleManager or anything but what you get from the clean install.

Ok I'll try that

Ok I tried it and it works. Thanks for all the help and support! However, what do i do now to add mods? Also how do I bring up full screen in the game , because although it used to be windowed at first, it suddenly became full screen at one point and I really liked that. But since the reinstall it's reverted and I'd like to bring it back

First go on your steam and there on KSP.

Use the "Show  Lokal Data" and copy paste the KSP subdirrektory on your desktop for example. This way you prevent this copy for auto updates in steam. Than you search on forum for the 3 mentioned modes at first. Download the actual and 1.3 compatible versions. Every mode has mostly a subdirektory structure if you unzip them in zip-same-named subderectories like:

Modename/Gamedate/Agencie + moresttuff

You only need to drag and drop all data from Mode/Gamedata to KSP/Gamedata.

ATTENTION!

1.You never may have a Gamedata/Gamedata subdirectory

2. You never delete the Squad subdirectory there.

Your Gamedata have to include

/SQUAD 

/CRP

/MiniAVC

Modulemanager (highest version).dll

/all other wished modes 

If you start the game from this directory and enable the MiniAVC to look for actual versions this will say you at start wich modes are not working with your install(delete this ones) or if they have more actual versions(download actual version, delete the outdated and copy new in, do not overwrite the existent one! Kill old and install new!). And modulemanager does autoapply all actual patches.

If you install many modes you will be mostly shoot down and restart the game some times at first start. But after this you have most stable moded install.

Hope i could clarify the manual method of instalation. Wish you fun and a realy nice game experience.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

PS: start the game in 64k and go after the starting in the configuration Menue at video and enable full-screen mode.:wink:

Edited by Urses

2 hours ago, carss said:

Ok I tried it and it works. Thanks for all the help and support! However, what do i do now to add mods? Also how do I bring up full screen in the game , because although it used to be windowed at first, it suddenly became full screen at one point and I really liked that. But since the reinstall it's reverted and I'd like to bring it back

Glad that worked for you. When the game menu screen first comes up, go into Settings and then click the Graphics button on the left. In the right hand column there are options for setting your screen resolution and a button to enable full screen mode.

Most mods are not yet updated to work with KSP 1.3 yet, so you might have to wait a few weeks for the mod makers to fix the compatibility for some of them. If you want to make installing compatible mods easier you can install CKAN. It's a stand alone program that will track which mods are compatible with your version of KSP and give you the option to install them from a checklist. You'll just need to tell the CKAN program where your copy of KSP is installed. Try the links below to read more about it and how to use it. Be aware that mods are added to this archive by the community and so can lag behind their release by the mod maker, and not all mod makers allow their mods to be listed there.

I would highly recommend that you make a copy of your entire KSP install folder first and copy it to a secondary folder somewhere else. You can run KSP directly from the second location and add all the mods you want to it. This way your original version of KSP remains fully stock and won't be broken by official updates to the game.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide

Edited by HvP

A new version of the game requires most mods to update  

Make sure you are only using mods that are  marked as 1.3 compatible by the mods creator.

Install only 1 mod at a time. Start the game and see if it works as intended. 

If your problems continue, a screenshot of your GameData folder and the other files mentioned above would be needed to help. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.