[1.8.x] DMagic's Basic Mods - Basic Orbit 9.0 Basic DeltaV 6.0 [11-2-2019]

DMagic

Just a quick note to say THANK YOU for Basic Delta V and Basic Orbit. Super functional tools specific to the task. Just for grins, I toyed with Kerbal Engineer Redux and MechJeb again, after months of your tools, only uninstall them and go right back to yours! Please keep up the great work and know that you have a user base that appreciates your efforts!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

is it too difficult to add keyboard shortcuts to "Maneuver Node Evolved" mod? I'm thinking of keys to edit the DeltaV and position of nodes, like increasing\decreasing the prograde\normal\radial values and increments and pressing any button in "Manual DeltaV Input" and "Maneuvre Node Snap" dialogs.

It would be very useful when you're planning rendez-vous trajectories with distant planets, so you could set the Adjust Increment to 1h (3600) and then keeping the Manual Adjust pressed until you encounter the target body.

Keyboard bindings should be configurable, of course.

Thank you very much!

Massi

Edited by giustizieri25

Since the last update, Basic Orbit refuses to show the Phase Angle in the "Target" information display.

"VERSION":{
         "MAJOR":1,
         "MINOR":0,
         "PATCH":7,
         "BUILD":1
     },

If I revert to "BUILD":0 then it works as it should.

• 2 weeks later...

@giustizieri25 Extra keyboard shortcuts would be nice, but shortcuts are a bit tricky with KSP, since it's easy for mods to start having conflicting keyboard shortcuts.

@DGS There were some changes made to the Phase Angle calculation in the last update. It should display any time the current vessel and the target planet/vessel are not orbiting the same body. Try forcing it on with the Show Always toggle for Phase Angle.

• 3 weeks later...

Basic Orbit and Maneuver Node Evolved have been updated for KSP 1.3.1.

Maneuver Node Evolved is just a recompile for the difficulty panel settings.

Basic Orbit fixes some bugs with the toolbar panel UI in KSP 1.3.1.

A fix for Basic DeltaV will be coming soon (it has the same toolbar UI bugs), I just need to test a few more things since it is a much bigger update.

Basic DeltaV version 2.0 is out; get it on Space Dock. It is updated for KSP 1.3.1 and does not support KSP 1.3.0.

It adds the readouts to the flight scene along with several options to restrict these readouts available in the stock difficulty settings panel. You can also display the readout only for the current stage. The readouts are only visible in the flight view, not the map view.

6xS1mwW.png      2bBhwCr.png     2CIIh9w.png

Edited by DMagic

• 2 weeks later...

@Nightside I think it's a timing problem, Basic DeltaV is trying to do something before KSP has set the values, it's also possible that the vessel simulator is the problem; it's hard to be sure, but I never noticed it in 1.3.0.

I caught some of the times when it happens, but it looks like it's a more widespread issue.

1 hour ago, DMagic said:

@Nightside I think it's a timing problem, Basic DeltaV is trying to do something before KSP has set the values, it's also possible that the vessel simulator is the problem; it's hard to be sure, but I never noticed it in 1.3.0.

I caught some of the times when it happens, but it looks like it's a more widespread issue.

So it might work better in a heavily modded game rather than the bare-bones one I’m running?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@DMagic I encountered two bugs so far:

- basic DeltaV: toolbox background fickers in Linux, have to set transparency to 100%, but text still flickers upon rocket rotation.
- basic Orbit: Periapsis reading suddenly hides itself, even if force-displayed. This happens between actual launch and getting into 70km.

Thanks!

@Kerbal101 For Basic Orbit it looks like I missed a check for the periapsis while in atmospheric flight, it will only show up when your periapsis is above 0.

For Basic DeltaV what do you mean by toolbox background? The toolbar button window, or the panels that appear alongside the staging display? And the text flickering is normal, I think it has to with reordering the readouts whenever something about the vessel is changed; unless you mean something different.

Edited by DMagic

• 2 weeks later...

So, for Maneuver Node Evolved, I was able to open multiple windows for the same node, and now I can't remove them (right clicking only removed the most recently opened one).

I did that by clicking on the pushpin multiple times, thinking it was a toggle (I know you have to right click, but clicking it again was kind of an instinctual move).

Even after removing the node, I can't remove the windows. Any chance you can either make the pushpin a toggle, or add an X button to the snap panes?

mne1.png?dl=1

Edited by Phoenix84

@Phoenix84 What version is this? There were some problems that were supposed to have been fixed, but it's possible that something else is going wrong and preventing the windows from closing when you click the button again. Do you have log files? It's possible that something is interrupting the window opening process and preventing them from being recognized as actually open.

On 12/9/2017 at 7:06 AM, DMagic said:

@Phoenix84 What version is this? There were some problems that were supposed to have been fixed, but it's possible that something else is going wrong and preventing the windows from closing when you click the button again. Do you have log files? It's possible that something is interrupting the window opening process and preventing them from being recognized as actually open.

Sorry for not supplying this info before:

Version 3.2, installed from CKAN. KSP 1.3.1.

Here's the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddy3k1xpna1zm8k/output_log.txt?dl=0

Not sure if related, but that was also the first time KSP ever crashed on exit for me. Those panes were still visible in the main menu, and when I clicked Quit, KSP crashed. I don't know if related, but I figured I'd mention it, just in case. No dump file was saved.

EDIT: So I did it again, apparently clicking the pushpin again does toggle it. I think what happened the first time was I double-clicked the pin.

Edited by Phoenix84

All three of these mods have been updated:

Basic Orbit has new options to specify label and readout text color, which can be found in the settings file (you'll have to run KSP once before the settings file is generated). The two new fields at the bottom can be used for color using standard, 0-1 RGB values. It also fixes an error displaying periapsis while in atmospheric flight.

Basic DeltaV also has options for text color, and it changes the default crew requirement skill to AutoPilot instead of Repair, this will only affect new or clean installations where the settings file is deleted.

Maneuver Node Evolved has been updated to fix some potential errors that would allow multiple UI windows to be opened then orphaned and unable to be closed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.