[1.8.x] DMagic's Basic Mods - Basic Orbit 9.0 Basic DeltaV 6.0 [11-2-2019]

DMagic

11 hours ago, Supermalthe1000 said:

is there 1.2.2 version of basic deltaV?

The oldest release on his github is v 1.0, for tsp 1.3.0.  Even the Community Mods and Plugins Library post has his work starting support with 1.3.0.

I bought KSP about a week before 1.3.1 was released, so not looking back for me. :wink:

• 2 months later...

Anyone else having a problem with DeltaV readouts in VAB vs launch?

I've got a satellite sitting on a Kickback in the VAB and if I set the thrust to 50% I get a TWR of 1.2, but load to the launchpad, and the TWR drops to 0.99. The TWR on the launchpad seems to be correct, as the craft won't lift off for a bit.

:edit - Version is 1.3.1

Edited by killakrust

2 hours ago, killakrust said:

Anyone else having a problem with DeltaV readouts in VAB vs launch?

I've got a satellite sitting on a Kickback in the VAB and if I set the thrust to 50% I get a TWR of 1.2, but load to the launchpad, and the TWR drops to 0.99. The TWR on the launchpad seems to be correct, as the craft won't lift off for a bit.

:edit - Version is 1.3.1

The mod assumes an engine's vacuum performance by default, but you can change it in the menu, I think.

11 minutes ago, grungar3x7 said:

The mod assumes an engine's vacuum performance by default, but you can change it in the menu, I think.

@killakrust Yes, you can see it in the header image in the first post. Click the "Atmospheric" button (for planets that have an atmosphere), then you will be able to adjust for elevation and the stats will update accordingly.

Edited by DMagic

@Zuthor Do you have crew requirements set for the in-flight mode? That may be preventing you from seeing it in some cases.

@CptNautilus No updates... or maybe I will, we'll see.

Anyway, why waste time on stale old mods when I can waste time on exciting new mods: :cool:

4uaqQ8O.gif

@CobaltWolf You can never look at the Starbuck's logo the same way when you've seen the whole thing... And now the Kerbal version just makes it more horrifying.

Basic Orbit and Maneuver Node Evolved have been updated for KSP 1.4.

Basic Orbit is basically the same. Maneuver Node Evolved has a fix for a bug that can occur when creating multiple nodes while the "Force Node Open" option is enabled in the settings menu (which keeps the node from collapsing when you click away from it). I'm not sure if this is something new to KSP 1.4 or not, but if you notice the issue in earlier versions you can try disabling that option.

Basic DeltaV does not work correctly with KSP 1.4. It is mostly okay, but some of the new decouplers seem to confuse the vessel simulator, so we'll have to wait for Engineer to update.

1 hour ago, DMagic said:

Basic DeltaV does not work correctly with KSP 1.4. It is mostly okay, but some of the new decouplers seem to confuse the vessel simulator, so we'll have to wait for Engineer to update.

Has this been tested in 1.4.1 because it included a bug fix for the decouplers' drag cubes which might affect the vessel simulation. (Assuming the issue is aerodynamic related)

Edited by d4harp

@d4harp The specific issue I saw was caused by the decoupler on the engine plate. I think the staging offset for the decoupler may be wrong, or maybe it's handled differently, because the simulator just seems to think that the plate behaves like a decoupler from its top node, so it assumes no dV for the engines attached to it. I think a special case may be needed for decouplers that only separate what is attached to their bottom node, rather than from their top node.

CKAN update of Maneuver Node Evolved from version 3.3 failed. What to do? Is it safe to wipe the previous version and rerun CKAN to install the current one as if it was a new install?

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed,
or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file
that it did not install itself.

If you wish to install ManeuverNodeEvolved 4.0 via the CKAN,
then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

GameData/ManeuverNodeEvolved/PluginData/Settings.cfg

and try again.

Edited by Fraktal
quote box didn't end where it should've

@Fraktal You can always just delete it manually and try again. The only thing that would be lost is the settings file, which shouldn't really matter anyway, it uses the stock settings system so any existing save files wouldn't be effected.

@Mark Kerbin It doesn't do anything to save files, nothing is stored or loaded from a save (except the above mentioned settings, but that doesn't affect anything if the mod is added or removed at any point), it just alters the behavior of the maneuver node gizmo.

16 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@Fraktal You can always just delete it manually and try again. The only thing that would be lost is the settings file, which shouldn't really matter anyway, it uses the stock settings system so any existing save files wouldn't be effected.

@Mark Kerbin It doesn't do anything to save files, nothing is stored or loaded from a save (except the above mentioned settings, but that doesn't affect anything if the mod is added or removed at any point), it just alters the behavior of the maneuver node gizmo.

Well. i have it installed, dropped the stuff from gamedata into the gamedata folder, and the nodes are still acting "normal"

@DMagic @I3laze and I are definitely having the same issue. Nodes work stock in 1.4 and 1.4.1 . I know you havent updated that one yet, but I figured you ought to know.

After noticing that it wasn't just me, I had a look at my saves and discovered that while the save games (created pre/post installation) noticed the mod and loaded it there was no change. Since thats as far as my know how with mods goes.. yeah.

I would like to note that I tried the mod with stock, stock + all my mods stock+ MHE, and stock + all my mods + MHE. Not sure if that helps you at all, but hey why not. Good luck and godspeed with the updating

Just sticking this in to confirm

d755f2a1cfb5a029607591167b0cb9df.png

Edited by Mark Kerbin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.