Self-made boosters falling through launchpad on parachutes

Hmm.

So I built boosters with procedural tanks with Kerosene and LqdOxygen, using RealChute nosecones.

The boosters are only for a short burst, they are separated at 600m above ground while still ascending 90° pitch.

When they come down slowly and smooth with parachutes they go straight down to the launchpad - and fall through it below the ground.

Using RSS - launching at US - Cape Canaveral

Here is a screenshot where I hover the mouse cursor over the debris (at the launchpad) which is more away from the vessel than the altitude:
2aBqGNc.png

Full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrnjvxwvsovfuud/2017-05-31-1 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

btw I just lowered the amount of mods ...

Edited by Gordon Dry

Falling through ground is the result of missing or wrong colliders with the model of the part (same would be for moving through other vessels). If the tanks fall bottom-first, would be a collider for the bottom missing or oriented improperly.

This could be an issue specific with the Procedural tanks add-on, if confirmed with only that add-on installed on a stock KSP install (plus all required dependencies for Procedural tanks to work properly, of course). In that case, better to report in the proper thread for it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.