Time Warp Issue in KSP 1.3

While running a large fueling operation at my Extraplanetary Launchpads supported base on Pol, I engaged time warp at ten thousand speed to speed things along, and noticed some anomalous graphics behavior.  The resource meters and MET indicator moved normally, as did the stars in the background, but the movement of Kerbol star itself was choppy, and the same was true of shadows cast by the various components of my base, as well as the vessel that was being fueled for launch.  I have only run such a fueling operation twice since KSP 1.3 came out, and this anomaly occurred both times.  I currently have the following mods: Module Manager 2.8.0, Kerbal Attachment System 0.6.3, Kerbal Attachment System Beta 0.7.4 (does not conflict with current KAS), Extraplanetary Launchpads 5.8.0, and Kerbal Joint Reinforcement 3.3.2.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

You're using mods that most likely are not updated for 1.3. However, I encountered almost the same thing in 1.2.2 with a lot of mods. Near a planet, the ship would jump a few dozen kilometers ahead when entering timewarp.

I am aware that KJR has not yet updated.  In fact, I have put things on hold for now due to an unrelated issue caused by KJR not being up to date.  Hopefully, ferram4 will update KJR soon.

As far as the issue you are reporting, I am not sure that it and my issue are one and the same, as I only started experiencing mine when KSP 1.3 came out and mine is mainly a graphics issue, whereas it sounds like yours could potentially be something more serious.  Furthermore, my issue was most noticeable at ten thousand speed, whereas it sounds like yours happens when you move between normal and five speed.  If your issue has persisted into KSP 1.3, and you have not yet filed a separate bug report, it may be a good idea to do so.  While the problems we are experiencing could possibly be related, this is not necessarily the case.

Edit: I forgot to explicitly mention at this point that I do not believe that KJR is the cause of the graphics issue.  Its main role is to reinforce joints, and thus prevent my vessel from "wobbling" itself off a maneuver node (or worse, blowing an interstage joint), and although it could be decreasing my frame rate, I would expect the background stars, resource meters, and MET indicator to be adversely affected in the event of a frame rate drop.

Edited by cgwhite4
forgot to mention something

Not a problem with the Mods or the Refueling Op you are running.

Changes were made to the Dynamic movement of the Kerbol star in 1.3 it is now meant to be choppy to fix some shadow issues, please see the below link and the associated bug tracker ID 15298 (pre-release)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/161388-suns-dynamic-lighting-issue-in-space-center/

Edit: A dev post has been written regarding the lighting/shadows change here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/developerarticles.html/enter-the-shadows-r205/

Edited by rob593
Added link to latest information

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.