so i D/L 1.3 and when i try to run it it just sits at a black screen and does nothing. it is in stalled in the Application folder and iv tried moving it well to s new folder with no luck.

iv tried a few new D/L’s  but it does not seem to be the problem, i did find one work around but its not a fix if i launch it from the terminal it will run but thats not the best place to play this game.

any help to have it run from the .dmg/exe from the game folder it self would be nice.

i also ran sudo spctl --master-disable to reset the gatekeeper and a reboot with no luck in allowing me to run ksp from ether the desktop or from the application folder.

here is my log that i forgot to put up https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvv4usxp9ja2spc/Player.log?dl=0

Edited by MissMolly

Hi MissMolly. I am playing KSP 1.3 on my mac with no problems at all. As a computer doofus all I can offer as help is what i did to down load, install and play. I purchased KSP from the SQUAD website. I downloaded the iOS version to the download folder. I double clicked the KSP zip file to unzip it. I right clicked the unzipped KSP folder and copied it to my desktop. I opened the KSP folder on the desktop. I launched the game by double clicking on the picture of the kerbal (not the launcher one). KSP started in windowed mode and ran great, faster and smother than 1.2. Hope this helps. 

Edited by bonyetty

6 hours ago, Samssonart said:

Hi MissMolly,

We recently updated the 1.3 installer, this new version should just work out of the box, no workarounds involve. Please try this new installer, not that it's a .pkg file instead of .dmg.

Perfect the new Installer Pkg worked, thanks for getting this fix.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.