No using these buttons to the left of the navball

Here are the new controls:

W=Q

A=Z

S=P

D=B

Q=J

E=K

(if someone has a better keybinding idea, i will change the rules, but keep the previous scores)

Get Above 15 KM :100

Above 30 :200

Suborbital flight : 600 (no Periapse)

Get a Periapse: 1000

Achieve Orbit :1300

Achieve Munar SOI encounter 200 KM

Land on the Mun: 3000

Bonus points :

Achieve an equatorial or polar orbit less than 5 degrees off: 300

Get a periapse without the use of maneuver nodes: 800

Do not turn on SAS at all :1500

Return to kerbin: 100

All points you collect during a mission will be added up

I have no badge, so just write it down in your description :D

a GIF or video of your entire mission should be used

Either have a camera pointed at your keyboard showing which buttons you're using or have an uncut video of you changing the keybindings

SCORES :

3600- @icantmakemodels

Edited by AHeroReborn

Ummmmmmmm

Yeah no, this is gonna be hard since you conveniently bound A(left) to full throttle and right to the brakes.

Is that intentional?

Bah, who needs control keys.

Its quite possible to build a ship that gets to orbit by just pressing space to launch, and walking away from it.

That would be easier than trying to undo 40000+ hours of neural training to use  W

A S D

Remember, that key combo has been with us in KSP, all the Elder Scrolls, WoW, Everquest, Doom, even CaterPillar on the zx-81..  we are talking DECADES of conditioning!

On 5/31/2017 at 0:14 AM, MarvinKitFox said:

Bah, who needs control keys.

Its quite possible to build a ship that gets to orbit by just pressing space to launch, and walking away from it.

There has been an entire challenge to that effect. Man, I loved that challenge.

To the OP, may I suggest the following rules:

No kOS, MechJeb autopilot/Smart A.S.S. (possibly no MechJeb period), no RemoteTech (which has a flight computer), etc.

Ideally, submissions should require a significant degree of manual piloting; you may, for that matter, insist on some specific rocket (probably designed to not be too terribly stable).

I'm probably not going to participate here (it's just not my cup of tea), but I thought it might help to close a couple loopholes before somebody tries to rules-lawyer it up.

4 hours ago, Starman4308 said:

There has been an entire challenge to that effect. Man, I loved that challenge.

To the OP, may I suggest the following rules:

No kOS, MechJeb autopilot/Smart A.S.S. (possibly no MechJeb period), no RemoteTech (which has a flight computer), etc.

Ideally, submissions should require a significant degree of manual piloting; you may, for that matter, insist on some specific rocket (probably designed to not be too terribly stable).

I'm probably not going to participate here (it's just not my cup of tea), but I thought it might help to close a couple loopholes before somebody tries to rules-lawyer it up.

Well i said in the rules no autopilot mods, but i'll include KOS just in case

I think if they can make a rocket that will fly without the controls being touched, that deserves points.

I am also adding more challenging tasks so everyone check if they want to attempt those!

On 5/30/2017 at 5:32 PM, qzgy said:

Ummmmmmmm

Yeah no, this is gonna be hard since you conveniently bound A(left) to full throttle and right to the brakes.

Is that intentional?

Breaks shouldn't be needed, and if you really need the max throttle button, you may assign it a different key.

On 6/3/2017 at 7:31 PM, HiThere!2 said:

Not too much harder, maybe 100.

I concur. It may take a lot more delta V to change from a equatorial orbit to a polar, but not to hard to do with the keybindings altered once you're up here

Edited by AHeroReborn

2 hours ago, AHeroReborn said:

I concur. It may take a lot more delta V to change from a equatorial orbit to a polar, but not to hard to do with the keybindings altered once your up here

Wait polar orbit takes mayby 200 m/s more than a ecuratorial orbit og you fly directly north at launch. If you first change plane In orbit it is incredebly fuel consuming.

Edited by rkarmark
Gotdammit autocorrect!

On 6/5/2017 at 0:05 AM, AHeroReborn said:

I concur. It may take a lot more delta V to change from a equatorial orbit to a polar, but not to hard to do with the keybindings altered once your up here

F-- wrong type of your, and you want to avoid at all costs changing your plane 90 degrees when in orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.