Returning after much hiatus - What to do?

Bilfr3d

50 minutes ago, NSEP said:

How about making a little glider for Laythe or Eve? Great way to find a landing spot and collect science! These things are also fun to build and test. 

I could indeed do that! I'd have to first actually make it to Eve or Laythe for an atmospheric entry - I've never been into their atmosphere(s), so I don't know what to expect :P

My typical return checklist:

1. Decide to give stock Career another chance

1.5 Install KER

2. Get annoyed after two pathetic sub-orbital contracts launching weefle bebe ships and start a Sandbox game to build real Kerbal ships

2.5 Install KIS/KAS, USI, etc

3. Start building Grand Tour or Duna Base or some other epic mission

4. Install SCANSat because I need landing sites and resources and anomalies (oh my!) and get caught up in mapping madness and relay networks

5. Build gigantic monstrosity that can make orbit then get distracted by alternative methods to fuel it for long hauls

6. Become obsessed with building things smaller and more efficiently to further my grand objectives

7. Decide to give stock Career another chance

-Jn-

Edited by JoeNapalm

10 hours ago, JoeNapalm said:

My typical return checklist:

1. Decide to give stock Career another chance

1.5 Install KER

2. Get annoyed after two pathetic sub-orbital contracts launching weefle bebe ships and start a Sandbox game to build real Kerbal ships

2.5 Install KIS/KAS, USI, etc

3. Start building Grand Tour or Duna Base or some other epic mission

4. Install SCANSat because I need landing sites and resources and anomalies (oh my!) and get caught up in mapping madness and relay networks

5. Build gigantic monstrosity that can make orbit then get distracted by alternative methods to fuel it for long hauls

6. Become obsessed with building things smaller and more efficiently to further my grand objectives

7. Decide to give stock Career another chance

-Jn-

Stock career is a bit... *different*. I get annoyed with it quite a bit, but the slow progression and contracts just makes me want to keep going back to it over and over :P So many people have requested I check out mods now, I guess I'm going to have to make a list of mods to check out, aside the MIGHTY LIST!

10 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Easter egg hunts are always fun!

9 hours ago, JoeNapalm said:

PSA: Kerbal easter eggs are highly volatile...

-Jn-

Volatile? As in... kraken visit volatile?

10 hours ago, Bilfr3d said:

Stock career is a bit... *different*. I get annoyed with it quite a bit, but the slow progression and contracts just makes me want to keep going back to it over and over :P So many people have requested I check out mods now, I guess I'm going to have to make a list of mods to check out, aside the MIGHTY LIST!

Volatile? As in... kraken visit volatile?

The only thing volatile I've ever had happen to me is when I missed the runway at the island airport thingy and hit the hanger at about 60 m/s :D.

14 hours ago, Leafbaron said:

capture an asteroid in LKO and build a re-fueling base on it. 

Do all asteroids have fuel/ore in them? Or do they have to be above a certain size? If you've got a link to some tutorial somewhere, that'd be even better :P

On 6/2/2017 at 11:48 PM, Bilfr3d said:

Do all asteroids have fuel/ore in them? Or do they have to be above a certain size? If you've got a link to some tutorial somewhere, that'd be even better :P

I believe all asteroids have an ore concentration of 90 something percent. Although they do only contain a finite amount. 

After doing a Mun landing I skipped straight to a Jool probe, which was launched simultaneously with a Duna probe. 

I messed up the Duna orbital insertion and when I thought I had done it Ike ended up kicking my probe out.

Now I just gotta think of a way to punish Ike... and maybe my comeback as I haven't played KSP in a while either, still at 1.0.5 as I didn't risk the unstable 1.1 and I am too lazy to update the game anyway.

Someone help me think of a way to punish Ike!

On 6/5/2017 at 8:21 AM, Leafbaron said:

I believe all asteroids have an ore concentration of 90 something percent. Although they do only contain a finite amount. 

I'll have to try it sometime!

21 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

After doing a Mun landing I skipped straight to a Jool probe, which was launched simultaneously with a Duna probe. 

I messed up the Duna orbital insertion and when I thought I had done it Ike ended up kicking my probe out.

Now I just gotta think of a way to punish Ike... and maybe my comeback as I haven't played KSP in a while either, still at 1.0.5 as I didn't risk the unstable 1.1 and I am too lazy to update the game anyway.

Throw some asteroids at it! :P

1 hour ago, Bilfr3d said:

Throw some asteroids at it! :P

Hmm, I should, but they don't do anything... We need a mod for volatile asteroids :P

Or I could just make sure Ike never gets explored and switch its place with Dres.

Ooh, Ike and Dres switch places.... We need a mod for that too!

On 6/6/2017 at 8:19 AM, The Space Dino said:

Set up resource mining station (code name ENTHUSIASTIC DENTIST), or use Extraplanetary Launch Platforms mod to build a weapons research base, FLAGRANT COLLATERAL.

Or just strand Bob there. After a few years of listening to him natter on about its unstable Laplace resonance, Ike will be begging for forgiveness.

-Jn-

18 hours ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

Aerial refueling!

Now THAT I like... I might put that onto the list and try and attempt it with BDArmoury. Aerial refuel before a dogfight with an opposing faction? :o

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.