The whole solar system! [drawings] [You can participate]

cratercracker

Hi fellow forumer! Welcome to our little place, here we share art on solar system and beyond! 

PJegzkJ.png

-------------------

Introducing da squad:

@cubinator! the most awesome human being in the observable universe, that was friendly enough to help me with this project! He was and is my friend, he still carries on his legendary art.

Art style- pixel art

Bio- The artist who was first to join da club, his works are mostly asteroid, they are very enjoyable because of the very nice colors he uses.

-

@AR3S_TGL! for also participating, he proved that you can be added to the OP without "mad skills" He is a nice dude, i liked that he was always courageous, no matter the stances.

Bio- He was intended to make a website, but instead he did some great art, and helped us Plutonian system, his art is very nice, not very representative, yet very bright in colors.

Art style- MS paint (similar to mine)

-

@ProtoJeb21!He is currently doing different exoplanet systems! He has his own folder! It is the last one! Worth to look at it! And i always enjoyed his renditions, he is very clever, i think, thank you.

Bio -Great artist who is a very clever exoplaneteer, knows a lot, does a lot, because he is just great man.

Art style- GIMP pictures

-

@Pine! An awesome artist you all love and know, is here to participate! Interesting thing is his unique style! Awesome! Thank you for your help! You are my inspiration.

Bio- although he did only one drawing, he did it so well, he made his way to the list of awesome people here, his art is known all over the forum. 

Art style- 3D modeling 

-

@mabdi36! Helped me with making gifts to the participants! He is soon going to make more new and awesome projects! You were a great guy! Keep on being like that.

Bio- He learned the style from on of my threads, mastered it and created a very nice banner for all of us, he is also doing little presents for advanced participants.

Art style - MSPaint miniatures

-

@Cabbink (Christ, that took 15 minutes to find him) He is also a GIMP artist! He does exoplanets! He is a solid participant, just like i wanted him to be, thank you.

Bio- also an exoplaneteer, he is very nice in doing art similar to what you can see in magazines and Wikipedia. You are a great dude.

Art style- GIMP pictures (doh!)

-

@Adstriduum! A sudden hero of this thread! His art is beyond detailed, it is lifelike! His art is great, thank you for everything! Carry on your legacy! You are great, you are the hero of your own story! Thank you !

Bio- artist who likes to show the whole system in just one picture, also does exoplanets, but does solar system objects too!

Art style- Paint.Net pixel art

-

@RoadRunnerAerospace! A pioneer of collaborating in this thread! One of the greatest part of his drawings-detail of the surface. He is an asteroid hunter! His art maybe were not seen for a while, but thank you anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you so much!

Bio- artist who likes to draw with mild, charming colors! His craters are drawn very realistic!

Art style-Pixel art

-

@ModerndayLink64! A new participator! He does both exoplanets (also exomoons) and solar system objects! He is very nice at drawing all sorts of objects, by that i mean, both gas giants and normal planets look equally great in his pictures! A great dude, although he didn't participate much, thank you, i love what you do, you have the future in your hands!

Bio-He recently joined the group at his free will, easily completed the first task and is now ready for next one!

Art style-GIMP pictures

-

@DeltaVerb! An artist with the most unique painting style! He is currently quite new to the forum, but that changes very quickly! Thank you for the things you done! You made my day once, you are also a hero of mine.

Bio-He is from Spain, joined by his own will, pretty talanted, although arts are quite simple, not very representative, but are just hyper-harmonic in their coloring.

Art style-flat design

-

@esinohio! He is a well known artist with an infinite potential! He also has his rare and unusual style! His art is the awesomeness itself! Thank you, i i love the things you draw, i love the way you draw, i love the way you use the talent you posses, thank you for disturbing the sound of silence for me.

Bio-Old and respected forumer, although he went silent for quite a long time, he is back in action with us!

Art style-Blender and photoshop pictures.

-

@DeltaDizzy! A great friend of mine! Also a very nice artist and mod developer! Now with us, showing what effort and love to the thing you do does! You are the greatness, made of bravery, talent and human flesh

Bio-After numerous attempts of drawing Rhea, ending up denied by me, i finally let him in. He is a very nice and friendly guy! His current only masterpiece is in the Saturn folder! It is really detailed and nice! Thank you dude, you are my friend, thank you for that.

----

@Kerbal101! Спасибо, большое человеческое спасибо от меня, вы помогли мне поверить в себя хоть и на короткое время, вы очень хороший модератор и это можно понять только посмотрев на всё что вы сделали для русского форума! Спасибо.

----

----

Now, it is me, writing my maybe last words here, i love you all, you are great.

Now, it is maybe the time for me to leave into the neon darkness, from where i came.

Thank you.

Spoiler

----------------------------------------

Hey! Probably you are not an artist passing by, but there a thing you can do if you are: (if ur not an artist, just leave some critiques)

So.

You are an artist

You are maybe interested 

Because you've read the title 

You know you can participate

If you will, PM me. Tell me about yourself.

And I will give you something  to draw (if you don't know what to)

But today we won't have pictures lying around freely as i have way too much of them! So i've put them into spoilers in correct order.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cz2FiS5.png?1

"Ayyy lmao"

-Wise words of cratercracer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thingus-dingus-u-nid-to-laik-m8

Souvenirs:

soeOeqJ.png

(banner art from mabdhi36)

BannerTrappist1cab

(banner art by @Cabbink,)

pK9c52.png

(banner art by me)

A few little things from me!-

1Tg9bVe.png         p5Fq5nN.png         Iv6Yv4v.png

1.Nebulae for profile pic

2.Picture for signature

3. Picture for participators and supporters

fuWJ7yF.png   h2urJii.png       NGI0iOM.png

4. Pluto for computer backgrounds

5. Triton for iphone backgrounds

6. Gagarin portrait for prof. pic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music from cubinator (very nice, i checked it out)

https://spaaace.bandcamp.com/track/distant

You can put it in the signature if you like exploring solar system!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

The Sun

Sun:

vqw1DEw.png

Spoiler

Mercury

Zf1lZAS.png

pm4LtlM.png

Spoiler

Venus

23PTqES.png

0c4Oj3H.png

Spoiler

Earth

b9dCvhI.png

Moon

TJLNq8R.png

Cruthine

q9WuqrP.png

Spoiler

Mars

jb9YV2p.png

Phobos

VAKiTEM.png

Deimos

RN9XhNO.png

Spoiler

Jupiter

jylRCKn.png

GYTgXiX.png

Amalthea

pcjnhLV.png

alniMR6.png

Io
AegG34S.png

Europa

uKp5YUb.png

Ganymede

KPtueTk.png

Callisto

3oLxaI4.png

Himalia

gkzyFaW.png

Spoiler

Saturn

0wHsnH6.png

Pan

9brFKr9.png

Mimas

xSml06O.png

Methone

PgPNd1B.png

Enceladus

mxU7x9Y.png

Dione

EMPsLcj.png

Rhea

YYh1BzN.png

rhea.png

Rhea, revisited

p4bHFiw.png

Thethys

nrUGKxX.png

Titan

f1R2Exk.png

Hyperion

XgGmGQA.png

Iapetus

KxdGj9G.png

Phoebe

6sZ4uL6.png

Spoiler

Uranus

MxbgNQQ.png

Juliet and Cressida

erfnVKw.png

Miranda

Tt63wyL.png

Ariel

FGimWRB.png

Umbriel

UZliQTH.png

Titania

BgTJM1d.png

tjivc1c.png

Oberon

ED1N73T.png

Spoiler

Neptune

Cx0s8Iz.png

Despina

aq3Wae2.png

Larissa and Galatea

5K3HDvj.png

Proteus

3UVNU30.png

Triton

ubs8jnJ.png

iQpRpO2.png

Nereid

KyCIIsr.png

Spoiler

Pluto (WIP)

4FR3Uyy.png

Charon (done using new New Horizons pictures!)

p3NkKfG.png

Nix

R9hobnx.png

Hydra and Kerberos 

PHXHGl1.png

Spoiler

Minor planets

Ceres

TfmlnrI.png

Antiope  90

Cosc61I.gif

Hygeia

v0pZ7Jd.png

Eris

vRGb547.png

Haumea

ksrIDoc.png

Makemake

L9Vt1Bs.png

Chariclo

jUoOiq3.png

Orcus and Vanth

7Gvmr8J.png

Orcus and Vanth, revisited:

gKYQcsJ.png

2007 OR10

K03ZDVx.png

Quauar

NQrbbgV.png

Sedna

VMdZdPz.png

Varuna

5C16cd7.png

Spoiler

Comets,Asteroids and other objects of this kind

Meteors (actuall name is "Rushing dust")nuMcwuG.png

Vesta

3Pwkxml.png

Asteroid (very old)

D85shBq.png

Ida and Dactyl

Z4YD8Ch.png

Death of a meteor

TBsq2Pn.png

P47 Cheryomova-Gerasimenko

bi0qCLO.png

Comet (old)

IxbVkUs.png

Didimos and Didimoon

Xvmuc4w.png

Spoiler

Exoplanets

EPIC 220221272.03

yyG0CLw.png

EPIC 220221272.04

2tcuQLO.png

EPIC 220221272.02

EPIC 220221272.02, a volcanic desert planet similar in color to Mars: 

L3pIrqf.png

EPIC 220221272.05

RJa93x5.png

EPIC 220221272.01.

4GnZcv4.png

EPIC 212357477 c

Ev0tcDH.png

Gliese 581 e

lmczBjw_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Gliese 581 b
5MXhBXQ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
Gliese 581 c

Gliese 581 g

Gliese 581 d

EPIC 220395236 b

TRAPPIST-1

6dXkavc.png

Gliese 581 e (just atmosphere)

The Surface Views

Spoiler

Mercury

xpGVuCt.png

Spoiler

Venus

5oA0U7m.png

Spoiler

Earth

bLuN6nn.png

XvImjcv.png

Spoiler

Mars

xVGYS9E.png

Spoiler

Jupiter

1wo1ozS.png

Spoiler

Saturn

ym4bsTJ.png

Spoiler

Uranus

GO9MtrA.png

Spoiler

Neptune

EcKVF3Q.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secondary threads you might want to visit:

Retro-style posters:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You after viewing this

lQ3YAw3.jpg

CRTCKR

Edited by cratercracker

3 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

The links don't work.

hkj7lJm.png

Both are the same.

Now it is done, now it is there

1 hour ago, NSEP said:

I like the Geometric "skin" to them. Your artwork is really orginal, i love it! Good work! Proud of you!

Thanks a lot! Which one is your favourite btw?

1 hour ago, V7 Aerospace said:

This is incredible! I love them all, my favourites ought to be Earth, Miranda, and Saturn.

Keep up the amazing work cratercracker!

Thanks for the kind words! Sadly i don't think i will continue this, as it was done 4 months ago! But there is still exoplanets.. @ProtoJeb21 are you interested?

Would be good if you will point out what did you like about the picture the most (detail,technique and so on)

2 hours ago, cratercracker said:

Now it is done, now it is there

Thanks a lot! Which one is your favourite btw?

Thanks for the kind words! Sadly i don't think i will continue this, as it was done 4 months ago! But there is still exoplanets.. @ProtoJeb21 are you interested?

Would be good if you will point out what did you like about the picture the most (detail,technique and so on)

With saturn, I love how you've used the angles in the lines to create a spherical sense, and how the ring shadows show up on the cloud tops.

Also, I just spotted Eris, and what makes that really stand out is the softer less harsh colours all blending together on the surface of Eris. It's almost as if it glows.

Keep up the amazing work!

An idea would be including the Sun in your Solar System art. I'd like to see your take on it.

Edited by V7 Aerospace

I must tell you, Catercracker, all of this is pretty good! I really like the style you use in your drawings!

P.S.: the ringed centaur asteroid you can't name is Chariklo.

P.P.S. once you've dealt with Pluto and Charon, could you please make a drawing of Pluto's "intermediate moons"? (Nyx and Hydra)

24 minutes ago, MinimalMinmus said:

I must tell you, Catercracker, all of this is pretty good! I really like the style you use in your drawings!

P.S.: the ringed centaur asteroid you can't name is Chariklo.

P.P.S. once you've dealt with Pluto and Charon, could you please make a drawing of Pluto's "intermediate moons"? (Nyx and Hydra)

Oh yeah! It is Chariklo! I was thinking of its name for the whole day! Thanks

I will work on Charon,Nyx,Hydra and Styx and of course Kerberos!

P.S what is ur favourite

P.P.S Chariklo is not an asteroid it is centaur. (oh wait it is the same)

Edited by cratercracker

Shutting down for long time, my computer is being repaired, though I can manage to do something about it!

And as for now I am giving you an opportunity name any 4 celestial bodies and if I will find them interesting I will draw them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.