The whole solar system! [drawings] [You can participate]

cratercracker

@Cabbink Mind joining da club with @ProtoJeb21? I don't know a lot about exoplanets (cuz I am like the youngest person here) he can help you will looking for drawing subjects!

1 minute ago, cubinator said:

You're almost at 3:1 rep:posts! I'm not even at 2:1 yet (but this will change soon).

*looks at the amount of likes you got* 

Oh, wow.

(lets don't discuss likes, it is not a forum for this)

2 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

@Cabbink Mind joining da club with @ProtoJeb21? I don't know a lot about exoplanets (cuz I am like the youngest person here) he can help you will looking for drawing subjects!

Sure! I'm Finishing Up One Proto And Me Found a Bit Ago. I Just need to add Land, Atmospheric Effects, And Background! Ill Be Using GIMP As Well, But Don't Think it will be good :P

1 hour ago, Cabbink said:

Here is EPIC 212357477 c, Also Known As Gelidus, A Earth-Like Jewel that it's mean temperature is Around -4 F(Slightly Colder Than Earth's). It Has Snow Topped Peaks. Me And @ProtoJeb21 Found this one and it's sibling in EE.

Ev0tcDH.png

http://i.imgur.com/Ev0tcDH.png

(Sorry For The Shine.)

I hate to break it to you, but...

...Everest 2 data shows that Gelidus is actually just a false positive.

Great drawing by the way! Maybe it can be used for Kepler-62f or Kepler-1229b instead.

Edited by ProtoJeb21

1 minute ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Great drawing by the way! Maybe it can be used for Kepler-62f or Kepler-1229b instead.

Oh no! It was so good too.. Oh well. :rep:

15 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

If you could hear me screeching, you would think that there is something re-entering the atmosphere. 

@Nailed it! You wanted Gliese 581...so here you go! So far I only have Gliese 581 e done, which has turned out to be one of my best planet renditions so far. I imagined it as an Io-like planet with multiple large shield volcanoes pumping out rivers of liquid metals. Think stuff like Gallium, except hotter. Like, 500*F hot. The atmosphere and surface both have a bizarre chemistry caused by the output of so many alien compounds not normally created by volcanoes here on Earth. If you look closely, much of the surface is covered in tiny dark specks. These were added to give additional terrain detail and to make the planet look like it was covered in exotic sand. I made three versions: one with both the atmosphere and clouds, one with just the atmosphere, and one with no atmosphere or clouds.

tSA12W2.png

lmczBjw.png

v2MGAj1.png

One planet down, four to go. This will probably be easier and quicker to do than EPIC 220221272 since one of the five planets is an ice giant. A gaseous planet will likely be easier to make than a rocky planet.

@cratercracker You only need to put in one of these versions on the OP.

Looks really nice! I'm going to make one of the ignis class planet, Tartarus, the planet you found that reaches kelt9b temperatures.

Edit: I particularly like the clouded one, except it should either be a sulfuric yellow or brick red.l for cloud color.

Edited by Cabbink
Spelling error

@Nailed it! @cratercracker The Gliese 581 system is complete!

First is Gliese 581 b. Because of its large mass and proximity to the host star, I imagined this world as a Neptune-like ice giant with some inspiration from the hypothetical Sudarsky Class III gas giant.

5MXhBXQ.png

Next is Gliese 581 c, the first "habitable zone" planet. However, it has a stellar flux similar to that of Venus, and given its large mass of over 5 Earths, I believe it will likely be a "Super Venus" even worse than EPIC 220221272.05. Most of the surface is a lava ocean melted by an enormous greenhouse effect. Some large volcanic islands remain. The atmosphere is blood red with large clouds of volcanic soot and ash.

dOXXFFT.png

Gliese 581 g (aka Zarmina) is up next. Many scientists disagree on whether this guy exists, but the most recent study shows that Zarmina is likely real if Gliese 581 d has a lower orbital eccentricity. Personally, I believe it exists. I based Zarmina off of this image with a few tweaks. About half of the surface is covered in water, and the plant life here is more of a dark minty color. Towards the dark side are some large glacial features and even an ice cap, all etched with cracks and ravines.

O6Y1us3.png

The final planet is Gliese 581 d. I based this image off of the predicted radius for the planet, which is 2.2 RE. The density for a 7 Earth mass planet with that radius would suggest a mainly water-based composition, possibly with either a thick soupy atmosphere or a thin hydrogen-helium envelope. For my representation, I did the former scenario, but with many cloud belts and cyclones as seen on an ice giant of this size.

bE2G7B2.png

1 hour ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Gliese 581 g (aka Zarmina) is up next. Many scientists disagree on whether this guy exists, but the most recent study shows that Zarmina is likely real if Gliese 581 d has a lower orbital eccentricity. Personally, I believe it exists. I based Zarmina off of this image with a few tweaks. About half of the surface is covered in water, and the plant life here is more of a dark minty color. Towards the dark side are some large glacial features and even an ice cap, all etched with cracks and ravines.

I am not a biologist.

But I think the plants will rather grow closer to the water, than further away.

20 hours ago, cratercracker said:

(lets don't discuss likes, it is not a forum for this)

Wise words!

We don't look for internet Pride we look for who is the most MadSciencist one:wink:

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

Edited by Urses

27 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

It won't be green then.

Probably purple.

It depends on the star. Sun like star plants will be more green while red dwarfs will have black or DARK red planets, given the power luminosity. Higher strength stars will give out more UV and less IR. A bigger star will have blue, purple, and white-purple plants.

Leaf key:

Red dwarf: black and red plants

Orange Dwarf: red, Orange, yellow, a little green

Yellow dwarf: green plants, like earth

Yellow-white dwarf: green & some blue?

White dwarf: mainly blue, a little purple and green

Blue dwarf and above: purple and blue

Edited by Cabbink
Color key

24 minutes ago, Cabbink said:

It depends on the star. Sun like star plants will be more green while red dwarfs will have black or DARK red planets, given the power luminosity. Higher strength stars will give out more UV and less IR. A bigger star will have blue, purple, and white-purple plants.

Leaf key:

Red dwarf: black and red plants

Orange Dwarf: red, Orange, yellow, a little green

Yellow dwarf: green plants, like earth

Yellow-white dwarf: green & some blue?

White dwarf: mainly blue, a little purple and green

Blue dwarf and above: purple and blue

It depends on pigmentation and atmosphere of the planet.

U are playing g 2much SE 

Edited by cratercracker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.