The whole solar system! [drawings] [You can participate]

cratercracker

48 minutes ago, Adstriduum said:

Moons of Uranus, to scale:

3CqBpX4.png

Very nice! A piece of advice:

Due to the way computers tend to not like small images, I usually double the dimensions of my pixel arts to make the images look sharper, especially on phones. Otherwise they look blurry.

Hi! 

Presenting: Tasks and Cool Things To Do!

------------------------------

1. @cubinator Draw Jupiter with visible rings (probably from behind the sun-lit part, similar to that really cool Saturn photo where all the rings are visible

2. @ProtoJeb21 Draw that diamond exoplanet whose name I completely forgot, it orbits a pulsar.

3. @Cabbink Draw Pallas the most massive and large asteroid to be discovered.

4. @ModerndayLink Draw Titan (Saturn moon), try to take the coolest view, maybe even add some other object in front of Titan.

5. @RoadRunnerAerospace Can you make a Saturnian Sunset? Similar to that how you made Jovian sunset.

6. @DeltaVerb! Let's make Mars and it's too little moons in one drawing!

7. @esinohio! I'd really like to see Callisto in your rendition. I see that you love drawing craters and gas giants. So here you have it.

The most craterized object in the solar system.

And the biggest gas giant in the same system.

Hi dudes! I am back with my round planet renovation!

Now those are super hard to make! Each takes about 3 hours to make!

I finished the planets back then, now i am going for the moons.

Moon

oGAMidL.png

Io

I6lppkh.png

Europa

x2MflI4.png

Ganymede

sOIbOPj.png

Callisto

r5i9DMA.png

Kill Me Please

Saturn is next, R.I.P there is so many goddamn moons.

On 8/26/2017 at 3:33 PM, cubinator said:

Very nice! A piece of advice:

Due to the way computers tend to not like small images, I usually double the dimensions of my pixel arts to make the images look sharper, especially on phones. Otherwise they look blurry.

I know. I always upscale my drawings, but this one was being picky :/

2 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

I forgot, I remember Pallas being the largest asteroid in asteroid belt.

Vesta is still technically an asteroid. It's not smoothed. Ceres is a dwarf planet, being rounded, but not clearing it's area. Vesta is more of a potato.

1 minute ago, V7 Aerospace said:

Wow, awesome work on that Ganymede art @cratercracker!

nice contrast between the dark greys and the bright colours.

Ganymede took me the most of the time!

Glad you like it, also just a question, I will soon add souvenirs for this thread, some pictures you can throw to your signature and stuff, what would you like to be present?

9 minutes ago, RoadRunnerAerospace said:

crater, I`ma finish the star cluster first

K bro

35 minutes ago, esinohio said:

My take on Callisto orbiting Jupiter.

ixc2EVZ.png

Blend file if you're really bored.

Holy crap dude! That's awesome!

16 hours ago, cratercracker said:

Hi! 

Presenting: Tasks and Cool Things To Do!

------------------------------

1. @cubinator Draw Jupiter with visible rings (probably from behind the sun-lit part, similar to that really cool Saturn photo where all the rings are visible

That's a tough one! I'll find a way though! I figured out how to make decent-looking rings at an angle, now all I need to do is shade them.

I mean, I suppose I already shaded the Sun's whole atmosphere over about an hour and a half the other day, while on a volcano, so I'll probably do fine.

6 hours ago, Adstriduum said:

I know. I always upscale my drawings, but this one was being picky :/

I decided to do it for you!

v3nrFDv.png

Edited by cubinator

1 hour ago, cubinator said:

That's a tough one! I'll find a way though! I figured out how to make decent-looking rings at an angle, now all I need to do is shade them.

I mean, I suppose I already shaded the Sun's whole atmosphere over about an hour and a half the other day, while on a volcano, so I'll probably do fine.

I decided to do it for you!

v3nrFDv.png

Thanks! It looks clean now! If you noticed my Haumea and Pluto drawings, I upscaled them, but some of the pixels came out as slight rectangles :/ So I usually hav to make it really big so it doesn't screw up. :P

2 hours ago, Adstriduum said:

Thanks! It looks clean now! If you noticed my Haumea and Pluto drawings, I upscaled them, but some of the pixels came out as slight rectangles :/ So I usually hav to make it really big so it doesn't screw up. :P

I look at the actual pixel dimensions, given as numbers in the editor, and double them manually. Sometimes for Bandcamp covers I have to upscale them by 8x or even 16x.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.