The whole solar system! [drawings] [You can participate]

cratercracker

I'm baaaaack! Here's a representation of EE-1f, the first of up to 8 planets orbiting a Sun-like star in a huge chain of 2:3 mean-motion resonances. EE-1f is the second-smallest planet in the system and appears to be a scorched Mega-Earth.

OXsGbPe.png

EE-1b, the first planet found in the system. It is about 2.13 times the radius of Earth and may be another giant rocky world due to its close proximity to EE-1 and its high equilibrium temperature of 981*K. Depicted as having one major lava sea with molten rivers etching across the entire planet. The atmosphere is hot and clogged with volcanic gases and ash.

oVFyY5j.jpg

EE-1c, the slightly smaller (2.07 Earth radii) neighbor of 1b. It is also possibly a scorched Mega-Earth and is the last potentially rocky world of the system. The planet is hotter than Venus at 856*K and is represented as a desert world dotted with lava seas, lakes, and rivers.

EXWjfZR.jpg

EE-1d is the largest planet of the system at 3 times the size of Earth and is likely an ice giant similar to Neptune. The high temperatures of 743*K lead to a mainly purple planet (the color comes from methane absorption) with some white-ish cloud bands made of sodium and potassium.

QWGt0dF.png

EE-1e, the last of the original four planets found, is also the smallest of the three Mini-Neptunes in the system, at 2.616 times the radius of Earth. Due to its small-ish size, it may have a much higher amount of water than EE-1d or EE-1g, the other two Mini-Neptune planets. As such it may look light blue or bluish-white, despite the high temperatures of 643*K.

A9yVax0.jpg

EE-1h is possibly the weirdest planet of the system. It is the smallest at about 1.6 times the size of Earth, and may have a huge ocean of water (because this planet likely formed closer to the Frost Line than 1f, 1b, or 1c) compressed into a liquid-plasma state by a thick atmosphere of water vapor. This is similar to Gliese 1214b, albeit significantly smaller.

L65C6fP.jpg

14 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

No this won't die, not with me.

Relax, it's just a quick quiet phase. It'll return to activity soon enough. 

Which reminds me: I need to continue working on my renditions of the five (now six!) planets in the triple star system EPIC 211428897ABC. 

8 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Relax, it's just a quick quiet phase. It'll return to activity soon enough. 

Which reminds me: I need to continue working on my renditions of the five (now six!) planets in the triple star system EPIC 211428897ABC. 

We're a bit alone here.

It is not like it was back then.

Active, fun, communitive and cooperative.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.