The whole solar system! [drawings] [You can participate]

cratercracker

PALE BLUE DOT

8yazic.jpg     2jai6f8.jpg    a0ihd4.jpg

----------------------------------------------------    -----------------------------------------------------   ----------------------------------------------------

bz1BeP.png    5qhqLDP.png    UYFdFv.png

Edited by cratercracker

I have arisen again from the depths of hell with this new pic!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1rm79my1evhbp7/Pink World.png?dl=0

(I can't do it with Imgur since I'm using a school laptop and for some reason Imgur is blocked so :/)

This planet (has no name) is very similar to earth. It has water, land, polar ice caps, life, all that good stuff. But unlike earth, this planet's oceans are pink due to copious amounts of toxic bacteria that no life elsewhere can eat or drink, so the toxic pink bacteria are the only life in the oceans.

EDIT: Oh wow, people seem to actually like this drawing. :)

Edited by electricpants

Just now, electricpants said:

I have arisen again from the depths of hell with this new pic!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1rm79my1evhbp7/Pink World.png?dl=0

(I can't do it with Imgur since I'm using a school laptop and for some reason Imgur is blocked so :/)

This planet (has no name) is very similar to earth. It has water, land, polar ice caps, life, all that good stuff. But unlike earth, this planet's oceans are pink due to copious amounts of toxic bacteria that no life elsewhere can eat or drink, so the toxic pink bacteria are the only life in the oceans.

Cool!! :D

Cool Things To DO

(CTTD)

------------------------------

@cubinator

Galaxy, a collab with Adstriduum.

Note: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2017/hubble-sees-nearby-asteroids-photobombing-distant-galaxies

@ProtoJeb21

YY Brown Dwarf

Note: Auroras, Auroras everywhere

@Cabbink

Jupiter's Hemispheres.

Note: https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/chandra/images/the-dynamic-duo-jupiters-independently-pulsating-x-ray-auroras.html

@Pine 

I know you really don't care.

Storm clouds of Earth/Venus

Note: try to do them in close-up

@Adstriduum

Collab with cubinator.

Note: Let cubinator color the outskirts, you do the central part.

@RoadRunnerAerospace

Haumea with rings.

Note: Use dark filtres.

@ModerndayLink

Saturnian Dawn.

Note: Use SE for reference, or any Cassini picture.

esinohio

Fomalgaut B

Note: use your imagination

@DeltaDizzy

Any exoplanet you would like to draw.

Note: if not sure, ask ProtoJeb.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made an updated banner of the EPIC 220221272/Dagr system. I did a more precise radius measurement analysis of the system and was able to refine the sizes of all six planets. It turns out that Planets 3 and 4 (Gerth and Muspell) are smaller than expected, while Planet 5 (Freyr) is enormous - almost 60% larger than Earth, and likely an oceanic world. All 6 planets were created in Space Engine, screenshot-ed, edited, and finally put into one image.

lTKUGd8.png

Another system: EPIC 210897587. The star is bigger than EPIC 220221272 and hosts three likely rocky planets. The first is 1.14 RE and orbits every 6.3 days, while the second is 1.41 RE and orbits every 13.85 days. Further out is the third planet orbiting every 40.72 days, which is one of the most Earth-like worlds found. It is just 1.22 RE with an equilibrium temperature of 255oK - the same as Earth, indicating a stellar flux of 1. This gives the planet an Earth Similarity Index (ESI) of 0.93! All three planets were found by Vidar87 on Exoplanet Explorers.

lxY2KF6.png

5 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I made an updated banner of the EPIC 220221272/Dagr system. I did a more precise radius measurement analysis of the system and was able to refine the sizes of all six planets. It turns out that Planets 3 and 4 (Gerth and Muspell) are smaller than expected, while Planet 5 (Freyr) is enormous - almost 60% larger than Earth, and likely an oceanic world. All 6 planets were created in Space Engine, screenshot-ed, edited, and finally put into one image.

lTKUGd8.png

Those look SWEET, you improved a lot since you started posting here!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.