cratercracker

The whole solar system! [drawings] [You can participate]

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Cabbink said:

I like your art style! Glowing, but still is geometric! Star for You! :rep:

Thanks. ^_^ These are my first prototype planet-arts, and I don't even know how to use Adobe Fireworks properly yet; and I've been using it for years.

Edited by Xemina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would someone on my team like to do a rendition of a moon cavern?

Image result for moon cavern

These are giant holes in the Moon that may lead to vast lava tubes several kilometers high.

I am currently working on a view from inside a skylight, and I plan on writing a theme for the caverns too.

Edited by cubinator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adstriduum said:

Pluto and Charon (I am bad at doing surface views.) On to the next one.

fg3lJjQ.png

That's actually really good! And is that writing I see around the bottom left-ish area?

 

I decided to do a CUBIST-style surface view of EPIC 220221272g, with planets f and e in the sky. This is my first-ever cubist work of art and I'm pretty proud of the results.

7TdB1fN.png

Planets f and e are much larger as seen from g than they should be, but I did it for artistic effects. Also, all that blue is not water - it's actually land covered in dark indigo plant life.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lunar caverns:

UtOKCHS.png

These caves are enormous, hundreds of meters wide and tens of kilometers long. They were created by underground lava flows billions of years ago and may offer shelter from the extreme temperatures and radiation on the Moon's surface. I would love to visit one someday.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

That's actually really good! And is that writing I see around the bottom left-ish area?

Yes, that's my watermark.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RoadRunnerAerospace said:

thats officially amazing!

As are the lunar lava tubes, much larger than any on Earth. The skylight in the photo above is about a hundred meters wide, and the caves beneath are likely much larger. I believe orange spacesuits are a good idea there, to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how about black ones? They are perfectly adept at keeping the astronauts visible.... :wink:

Edited by RoadRunnerAerospace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for not abandoning this thread guys!

I will give out task to both teams.

@cubinator

-Do moon systems of the gas giant in line.

-interesting surface features (optional)

@ProtoJeb21

-An attempt at drawing nebulae 

-Poles of the gas giants (optional)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoot nearly forgot to contribute! I will be releasing some planetary stuff soon (along with some other things). They are not drawn digitally, but they are kind of abstract.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

 

@cubinator

-Do moon systems of the gas giant in line.

 

So, like a banner? Should I do all 69 known Jovian moons in a row? Or only the big ones?

Edited by cubinator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

Thanks for not abandoning this thread guys!

Your welcome!

28 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

-An attempt at drawing nebulae 

-Poles of the gas giants (optional)

k. I'll wait for that though. Working on another pixel art.

Edited by Adstriduum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, cubinator said:

So, like a banner? Should I do all 69 known Jovian moons in a row? Or only the big ones?

Big ones.

31 minutes ago, Adstriduum said:

Your welcome!

k. I'll wait for that though. Working on another pixel art.

DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN DRAW NEBULAE BY PIXEL ART?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

Big ones.

Sure. I'll do the Galilean moons to scale with each other for Jupiter, and I'll see about our other gas giants after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cubinator said:

Sure. I'll do the Galilean moons to scale with each other for Jupiter, and I'll see about our other gas giants after that.

Don't forget to involve other pееps.

I would like to see more art from @DeltaVerb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

Big ones.

DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN DRAW NEBULAE BY PIXEL ART?

I'M DOING 67P/CHURYUMOV-GERASIMENKO. I will draw some nebulae later! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adstriduum said:

I'M DOING 67P/CHURYUMOV-GERASIMENKO. I will draw some nebulae later! :)

But..

Butt..

But the cheryumov-gerasimenko is already done? Isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can do little dwarf planet pluto and it's moons.

Edited by Cabbink
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys.... I took a break from the ringed asteroid, and drew this instead:

5pQmEMh.jpg

Galilean sunrise

If anyone wants the callisto texture, just ask and I can give it to you, its its own layer (yes I know the lines on the atmo are all screwed up, i honestly gave up trying to fix it)

Edited by RoadRunnerAerospace
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RoadRunnerAerospace said:

Guys.... I took a break from the ringed asteroid, and drew this instead:

5pQmEMh.jpg

Galilean sunrise

If anyone wants the callisto texture, just ask and I can give it to you, its its own layer (yes I know the lines on the atmo are all screwed up, i honestly gave up trying to fix it)

Wow.

Just wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cubinator said:

@RoadRunnerAerospace

@Pine

@DeltaVerb

Would one of you like to do a banner of Saturn's major satellites to scale?

Mimas

Enceladus

Tethys

Dione

Rhea

Titan

Iapetus

The others can do the Uranus and Neptune systems.

I'll do Titan + Enceladus, ready for the 8th.

P.S: You forgot Pheobe.

Edited by Xemina
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeltaVerb said:

I'll do Titan + Enceladus, ready for the 8th.

P.S: You forgot Pheobe.

And Hyperion.

12 hours ago, cratercracker said:

But..

Butt..

But the cheryumov-gerasimenko is already done? Isn't it?

I have something planned for it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now