The whole solar system! [drawings] [You can participate]

cratercracker

1 minute ago, Adstriduum said:

They have atmospheres and clouds, look closely. It took me about one-and-a-half hours.

Ahh I see. Just has a lot less plantshine compared to my planets. I Love the 8-bit style of your Trappist-1 Drawing!

Edited by Cabbink

1 minute ago, Adstriduum said:

Thanks!

Next stop: I'm leaning toward doing Lich and it's planets, or maybe Dimidium.

Ooooh Can't Wait. Remember to Make Dragur(The Closest planet) Very Exotic!

10 minutes ago, Cabbink said:

Ahh I see. Just has a lot less plantshine compared to my planets. I Love the 8-bit style of your Trappist-1 Drawing!

Also thanks! I would add planetshine but I can't seem to get it right on land. On water it looks fine, but I forgot to put it in . :/

EDIT: Got ninja'd

Edited by Adstriduum

11 minutes ago, Adstriduum said:

Thanks!

Next stop: I'm leaning toward doing Lich and it's planets, or maybe Dimidium.

That is something definitely interesting.

But i don't think all the pulsar's stuff (the jet, and those donut-rings-what-ever-the-heck-this-is things) would be visible from the planets.

28 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

That is something definitely interesting.

But i don't think all the pulsar's stuff (the jet, and those donut-rings-what-ever-the-heck-this-is things) would be visible from the planets.

Depends on the Strength of the pulsar. For example, The strength goes up 4x for 2x magnetic field. Lich could be very bright(Jet Wise)

I Have Finished Tartarus! It now is in it's current state, lava-like and all.

EPIC 220395236 b(Current)

vXahaFK.png

http://i.imgur.com/vXahaFK.png

2 hours ago, Adstriduum said:

@cratercracker I finished my rendition of the TRAPPIST-1 system (I didn't do shadows though.):

6dXkavc.png

Very nice! For planet shadows, I draw an ellipse that shares a center with the planet and whose major axis is perpendicular to the direction of light, then color black accordingly. A little atmospheric flair can be added afterwards.

1 minute ago, cubinator said:

Very nice! For planet shadows, I draw an ellipse that shares a center with the planet and whose major axis is perpendicular to the direction of light, then color black accordingly. A little atmospheric flair can be added afterwards.

That's what I do, but I only do planet shadows for my 3-D renderings :P. I will try it later.

52 minutes ago, Adstriduum said:

I just finished Lich (PSR B1257+12) and it's planets. Draugr, Poltergeist and Phobetor.

Q78ZoL2.png

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Jet is a bit off

And the distances are too.

Althogh I think that is just an artist representation, you did great job wit the surface details! :)

46 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Jet is a bit off

And the distances are too.

Althogh I think that is just an artist representation, you did great job wit the surface details! :)

I know that, pulsars are only kilometers across, and the planets are far apart, but I wanted to show them all without them being tiny (or not being there at all.) And that bottom jet was supposed to go BEHIND the planet, but I screwed up. :/ Time to fix.

Edited by Adstriduum

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.