The whole solar system! [drawings] [You can participate]

cratercracker

51 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

Can you at least render or edit them in Photoshop or GIMP or something else? 

Well I already have an idea for a fully GIMP-made rendering of the five-planet EPIC 220221272 System. I'll probably have it done sometime today.

1 hour ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Well I already have an idea for a fully GIMP-made rendering of the five-planet EPIC 220221272 System. I'll probably have it done sometime today.

Sounds good sir! You are good to go!

As a sidekick I would recommend taking screenshots of the planets in SE and then adding some informations via text about the atmosphere or just some numbers (mass, size and etc.)

I have a new idea for my EPIC 220221272 artwork, but first I need to create images for all five candidates and the host star. This has been taking me quite a lot longer than I thought. However, I have drawings of candidates 03 and 04 to show off:

GfXTxCL.png

ezUkFNc.png

12 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I have a new idea for my EPIC 220221272 artwork, but first I need to create images for all five candidates and the host star. This has been taking me quite a lot longer than I thought. However, I have drawings of candidates 03 and 04 to show off:

GfXTxCL.png

ezUkFNc.png

Awesome!

Will make an entire folder for you, when you'll finish!

32 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

GfXTxCL.png

ezUkFNc.png

Looks amazing Proto, i love it already!

8 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Nice, a third drawing style to add to the collection!

Well....I got some bad news. Because of the way my image of EPIC 220221272.04 was made, I cannot successfully put in a black background without creating a white rim around the atmosphere, so I will have to redo that image. Bummer.

But there's some good news: More images! I finished EPIC 220221272.05, the fourth planet in order from the star and a potential "Super-Venus". There are two versions, one with an atmosphere and one with the entire surface visible. I also made a rather cruddy image of EPIC 212525618 b, or Iona, as a Water Giant like GJ 1214b. I will make a better one soon.

RJa93x5.png

EPIC 220221272.05 with atmosphere and clouds.

SbnAllL.png

EPIC 220221272.05 without any atmosphere.

OtAQ0Xk.png

Iona (EPIC 212525618 b) as a Water-Giant; rough draft image.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.