KSP Acquired by Take-Two Interactive

UomoCapra

1 minute ago, Kerbart said:

Explain to me how the current game will be "ruined." Will TT delete it from my hard disk? Will GTA content suddenly show up on Duna?

You may have some romantic idea on what KSP development should be, in your mind, and that image is ruined. I'm sorry for your loss. But nowhere have I found any shred of even a suggestion that TT is going to take the current game and morph it into something completely else. So how the game would be ruined is beyond me.

How is my image ruined if all I wanted was a simple game about visiting other planets? Please elaborate, your logic is confusing, to say the least.

Just now, severedsolo said:

Your comma confuses me. Did you mean KSP: Making History (ie the expansion) or KSP, Making History (ie both the core game and the DLC together)

The development of the KSP core game continues, as well as the Making History expansion and the upgraded version of KSP on consoles: I hope this is clearer :)

2 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

Worst case scenario in my mind TT makes the KSP devs add features like autopilot to ease the learning curve and make KSP a bit more accessible to a wider audience.

Then, in my opinion, you're not used to thinking outside the box.

3 minutes ago, Tykylo said:

How is my image ruined if all I wanted was a simple game about visiting other planets? Please elaborate, your logic is confusing, to say the least.

You have that right now. So how is TT ruining that?

2 minutes ago, Tykylo said:

You have a simple game about visiting other planets.

If you don't like TT, then make a copy of the KSP files and separate them from your Steam/KSP Store install and play in that, never to update KSP again. 

Just now, Spartwo said:

Thinking outside the box is often thinking unrealistically.

Often? Yes. All the time? Absolutely not.

Just now, TheEpicSquared said:

You have a simple game about visiting other planets.

If you don't like TT, then make a copy of the KSP files and separate them from your Steam/KSP Store install and play in that, never to update KSP again. 

I was actually looking for a way to block all the updates because I'm worried about TT's plans. Thanks.

If TT is smart, they should hire back the all the actual devs that quit squad after 1.2, and pay them properly.

I would happily pay money for whatever DLC Harvester, Mu, Taniwha, NathanKell, Sarbian, Romfarer, Arsonide, Porkjet, and Claw comes up with.

7 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

The development of the KSP core game continues, as well as the Making History expansion and the upgraded version of KSP on consoles: I hope this is clearer :)

Thank you, that was much clearer.

One more question while I have your ear (and don't worry, I am not seriously expecting the answer to be more than "Sorry: NDA" - but you don't ask you don't get).

As you have confirmed that development of the core game will continue, does this mean we will be getting more content in the core game? - Just to be clear, by "more content" I mean things like new parts/game mechanics rather than localisation (although I do understand that's a feature, not quite the same thing, if you see what I mean?)

1 minute ago, Spartwo said:

Then if you're thinking that way KSP could become part of the borderlands franchise by the end of the year. Expect a shift to an 18 rating by august.

Believe that won't happen. Squad still has a partnership about KSPEDU, a spin-off devoted to schools. That one can't be rated 18+ anytime and I'm sure Squad will honor that agreement making sure the base game doesn't either.

5 minutes ago, diomedea said:

Believe that won't happen. Squad still has a partnership about KSPEDU, a spin-off devoted to schools. That one can't be rated 18+ anytime and I'm sure Squad will honor that agreement making sure the base game doesn't either.

Just now, UomoCapra said:

Right now, we have no plans to introduce other characters and brands into the KSP universe beyond the Kerbals we all know and love. KSP will continue as a Kid-friendly game and as Kerbal-lish as it has always been.

You are aware that I'm not serious and simply showing how far @Tykylo's method of thinking outside the box in regards to what will now happen to KSP can be taken. Bringing it to a ridiculous conclusion that's still within the realm of possibility.

Edited by Spartwo

2 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

Then if you're thinking that way KSP could become part of the borderlands franchise by the end of the year. Expect a shift to an 18 rating by august.

Right now, we have no plans to introduce other characters and brands into the KSP universe beyond the Kerbals we all know and love. KSP will continue as a Kid-friendly game and as Kerbal-lish as it has always been.

4 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

You are aware that I'm not serious and simply showing how far @Tykylo's method of thinking outside the box in regards to what will now happen to KSP can be taken. Bringing it to a ridiculous conclusion that's still within the realm of possibility.

Yes, I was allowing myself a bit of humour. But you did well to alert me about the mood, sometimes I lose the meaning in such messages :wink:

2 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Thank you, that was much clearer.

One more question while I have your ear (and don't worry, I am not seriously expecting the answer to be more than "Sorry: NDA" - but you don't ask you don't get).

As you have confirmed that development of the core game will continue, does this mean we will be getting more content in the core game? - Just to be clear, by "more content" I mean things like new parts/game mechanics rather than localisation (although I do understand that's a feature, not quite the same thing, if you see what I mean?)

Yes. We will continue to update the core game and giving it continious support. We are not discarding the possibility of making more free content for the game, as well.

Are we not getting any names to go with the picture in the OP?  I'll presume UomoCapra is one of the two fellows with the glasses (I'm guessing the one in back) and Baddie is one of the females (perhaps in front with the green shirt).  You guys should tell us who is who!

I'm happy for Squad, if they're happy.  I hope it bodes well for everyone involved.  It will surely make the future of the KSP universe an interesting one.

Whoa, 3 hours, 6 pages??

2 hours ago, EBOSHI said:

I believe this announcement will encourage the strength and evolution of KSP!

So do I! I think being part of a larger publisher will afford the KSP team more security to work on long standing improvements without being hampered by the "sell more copies or improve for those who own already" dilemma (or, at least, to a lesser degree).

6 minutes ago, klesh said:

Are we not getting any names to go with the picture in the OP?  I'll presume UomoCapra is one of the two fellows with the glasses (I'm guessing the one in back) and Baddie is one of the females (perhaps in front with the green shirt).  You guys should tell us who is who!

I was thinking the same, CAPTIONS PLEASE! :D

I think Badie is the one on the front, she has shared a picture here before and it looks like her, and you're right that guy in the back definitely looks like Uomo's avatar (though younger than I thought he would be!). The others are a mystery to me :(