KSP Acquired by Take-Two Interactive

UomoCapra

47 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, I can fix this... just petition @SQUAD to hire me!!!  hehehe  

I can absolutely promise the writing won't be terrible, or edgy, or crazy... or campy... or completely out-there... sure.... trust me...  :confused:

(sorry, couldn't help myself.... lmao)

No problem - I trust you. After all, you swear you're not out to take over the world and you haven't...*checks nervously for black helicopters flown by oddly vitreous pilots*... yet.

44 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

Don't worry we have no plans to force any updates :wink:

This is good. I might stop after 1.3 since squad will no longer own the game. I have seen TT's other game lineups, and unfortunately, am not optimistic about KSP's future.

1 minute ago, HebaruSan said:

That's my interpretation as well. I wonder how that contract looks. Can SQUAD be replaced as KSP dev? Do they have right of first refusal for future titles in the franchise? I would have expected to see the "game studio" division of SQUAD split off and moved along with the IP.

Good luck to all involved regardless!

Um, the game is now owned by TT. So, with that said... I could see KSP in the future without Squad.

2 minutes ago, KSK said:

No problem - I trust you. After all, you swear you're not out to take over the world and you haven't...*checks nervously for black helicopters flown by oddly vitreous pilots*... yet.

Heheehe... so that's why all the black helicopters suddenly headed south!

2 minutes ago, KSK said:

Just about any reputable writer would be decent. We were raised on space. Not what we see everywhere else.

2 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

This is good. I might stop after 1.3 since squad will no longer own the game. I have seen TT's other game lineups, and unfortunately, am not optimistic about KSP's future.

Good to know I'm not the only one.

As for all questions about the community, Take Two has said they will support the community. 

As for if the game goes downhill, there are the "Previous" betas on steam.

Edited by DeltaDizzy

This thread is hilarious. I'm glad that Squad has made a pile of cash on a great game. I hope that Take-Two takes KSP in a good direction, although any takeover like this is fraught with peril. And, yeah, I can't see any way that TTI's first priority for the franchise won't be KSP 2.0. Ground-up rebuild to fix all the previous problems, shiny new full-price release to help recoup their purchase costs, gets them out of all of the free DLC promises.

Just now, Spartwo said:

Why stop I after 1.3? To prove a point? To spite Squad for making a smart decision? 

Because they hate the fact that companies exist to make money?

4 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

Why stop I after 1.3? To prove a point? To spite Squad for making a smart decision? 

Because we feel that we'll get DLCs, new games, or more updates like 1.3 (which due to lack of content, I did not update to).

Why? Because me and others think we hear a leak aboard this ship. We would like off of it now rather than later.

2 minutes ago, Brent Kerman said:

I'm stopping at 1.3 because Take-Two is right at the top of my list of companies to boycott.

Loyal reason. One of the best ways to get a message across without fighting. Try spreading your message using Reddit though.

Just now, TheSaint said:

Regex at a loss for words. I have now lived to see everything. :D

I wouldn't say "at a loss for words", more like "that's all the words this warranted." :wink:

28 minutes ago, KSK said:

24 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Just about any reputable writer would be decent. We were raised on space. Not what we see everywhere else.

hehe... I was just joking around... I saw that and it was just too tempting to let slip by... :sticktongue:

Edited by Just Jim

A bit worried here. KSP managed to do so well without a publisher, selling some 2 million copies. What would a publisher bring to the table now, years after the release, besides a quick cash infusion? I'm sure the money is probably great, but I feel a bit sad Squad decided it would be worth it to sell the rights of their masterpiece which they put so much effort and love into. 

2 minutes ago, X-SR71 said:

What would a publisher bring to the table now, years after the release, besides a quick cash infusion? 

Oh! Perhaps a physical copy in a nice metal case in the shape of a decoupler?

That would be sweet and I would pay for it.

Just now, X-SR71 said:

A bit worried here. KSP managed to do so well without a publisher, selling some 2 million copies. What would a publisher bring to the table now, years after the release, besides a quick cash infusion? I'm sure the money is probably great, but I feel a bit sad Squad decided it would be worth it to sell the rights of their masterpiece which they put so much effort and love into. 

I understand why many of you are concerned, but the whole team believes this is a step in the right direction to bring KSP forward. Take-Two values the creative independence of its collaborators and teams, so we’ll continue to operate autonomously and have total creative control, now with the best tools and complete support from Take-Two to realize our vision. And there are many and substantia benefits with this partnership: We are getting a long term commitment from Take-Two to continue with KSP development, as well as their full support in all kinds of aspects, including but not limited to production support, marketing, development, customer support and QA.

Just now, Galileo said:

Oh! Perhaps a physical copy in a nice metal case in the shape of a decoupler?

That would be sweet and I would pay for it.

Damn, out of likes. But yes, I would pay so much for a collectors edition of sorts.

^ooooh, QA. That's going to speed things up greatly I'd imagine.

Edited by Spartwo

3 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

I understand why many of you are concerned, but the whole team believes this is a step in the right direction to bring KSP forward. Take-Two values the creative independence of its collaborators and teams

So did Microsoft in 2002 when they bought Rareware. :/ 

You mean the company that hit hard times because all they really made was 3d platformers which died out, costs of making new games were too high and ended up becoming an in-house developer for Microsoft. The same are releasing a new game this year which looks good and isn't a 3d platformer?

Edited by Spartwo

2 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

You mean the company that hit hard times because all they really made was 3d platformers which died out and are releasing a new game this year which looks good and isn't a 3d platformer?

You mean the company that helped pioneer the SNES in the 32bit era and also created several Smash classic hits on the SNES and N64 that still have cult followings even after 20 years?

Edited by ZooNamedGames