KSP Acquired by Take-Two Interactive

UomoCapra

30 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Grand Theft Kerbal hype!!!!

After all these years, I guess we're finally about to find out who the lunch thief is...

Spoiler

arUQlKp.png

j64mnEM.png

3 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

After all these years, I guess we're finally about to find out who the lunch thief is...

Hide contents

arUQlKp.png

j64mnEM.png

Great!

Now someone think of a joke or meme with the word "heist" in it.

Edit: I'm lazy.

Edited by Azimech

1 hour ago, UomoCapra said:

Our friends at Take-Two have read your message and they want you to know the following:

"This is wonderful to see, and please relay that it made its way over to us, and we hear him. We're approaching this with deep respect and appreciation of the game, and agree wholeheartedly with his sentiments."

:)

That's awesome, really good to see that comment back from them!

I can't say this development has me feeling anything other than lukewarm. Hopefully this will prove to be a good move for everyone involved. Time will certainly tell.

10 hours ago, Overland said:

A thought occured

KSP as a long term franchise

"Kerbal" is trademarked by squad 

Presumably owned by Take Two now

Could we see the humble greenskinned badass in other offshoots as well?

Kerbal truck, train, boat sim

Many simulators stumble at realism

But making a kerbal version is rather.

Liberal and less defined

Yep the scope of Little Green PPL building things and then flying driving them around has so many possibilities for fun. 

Still love the idea of Kerbal Kart racing game.

Edited by mattinoz

4 minutes ago, mattinoz said:

Yep the scope of Little Green PPL building things and then flying driving them around has so many possibilities for fun. 

Still love the idea of Kerbal Kart racing game.

Racing is one of the main thoughts I'm guilty of having for the past three years.

45 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Meet the new boss.  Same as the old boss?

I see you won't get fooled again!

I see it as Squad can focus on developing the game and its DLC's, while T2 will be taking care of business (every day, every way).

It could be much worse. It could have been SOE. They would have changed how everything works and then your hard-earned kerbal skillz (snicker) would be useless. (Yes I'm still bitter over their destruction of the SWG universe).

Expanding the Kerbal franchise, hmmm... World of KerbalKraft? Kerbal Kart? Kerbal Flight Program?

4 minutes ago, scottadges said:

Having lived through Star Wars Galaxies circa 2004-2006... let us pray to almighty Kerb that it doesn't go that way...

I was there in 2004 - 2005 and saw the disaster happening as well. But we can't really compare a MMORPG with a single player game like KSP, right?

6 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

woah woah

woah wait

what?

Sky falling.  All doomed.  KSP is over.  Civilizations ended.  All human life wiped from the face of the earth.

You know, the same thing that happens any time Squad announces something.

Just now, razark said:

Sky falling.  All doomed.  KSP is over.  Civilizations ended.  All human life wiped from the face of the earth.

You know, the same thing that happens any time Squad announces something.

oh, tuesday

What I'm wondering is how I'm going to finish off my Space Race victory before Montezuma comes calling.

More seriously, I'm cautiously optimistic about this, but if all else fails, well... I still have plenty of DRM-free versions of KSP stored locally.

I don't get how some people think getting an experienced, successful publisher who's interested in making more KSP involved is a bad thing. Even if you aren't a fan of them, they're still an experienced, successful publisher who's interested in making more KSP.

This is really the best news for KSP's future in a long time.

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

I don't get how some people think getting an experienced, successful publisher who's interested in making more KSP involved is a bad thing. Even if you aren't a fan of them, they're still an experienced, successful publisher who's interested in making more KSP.

Maybe it's a hipster thing, like "KSP's only good because it's indie" or something like that
and because KSP is now "mainstream" (as if it wasn't already a massively acclaimed game) they hate it?

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

Yep ... couldn't be better.

For you other guys ... be glad, it's not EA!

1 minute ago, Lupi said:

Maybe it's a hipster thing, like "KSP's only good because it's indie" or something like that
and because KSP is now "mainstream" (as if it wasn't already a massively acclaimed game) they hate it?

I used to be a Commodore-Amiga man ... spent way too much money & time into the later half of the nineties just to show the PC world what a great line of machines it was ... even after the company went bust. Sort of same attitude Apple users cling to. I understand but in the end it's really just an emotional thing. You can't really defend it rationally.

The jump from indie into mainstream ... I was worried before about the future of this company and product. Not anymore.

4 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

I don't think that SQUAD would even consider letting EA get anywhere close to kerbal

Anyone sane would grab the pitchforks & torches.

36 minutes ago, Azimech said:

I was there in 2004 - 2005 and saw the disaster happening as well. But we can't really compare a MMORPG with a single player game like KSP, right?

Well no, you're right, we can't. But if there's a way to muck up a game, any game, even a single-player offline game, Sony Online Entertainment will find the way

16 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Well no, you're right, we can't. But if there's a way to muck up a game, any game, even a single-player offline game, Sony Online Entertainment will find the way

They dont even really exist anymore,  sony sold it off a couple years ago and it became daybreak

Is there any better way to prove your love for a game than by reading through 13 pages of comments about it being acquired by a new publisher?

I love this game. You love this game. We all love this game. Unless the people at Take-Two are complete morons, they see this and will act accordingly. And by that I mean just sign the checks and do the advertising and leave the game's development in the capable hands in which it now resides.

I believe this is fantastic news. Squad now has the cash they need to work on the core game, the upcoming expansion, and the sequel that is sure to follow. I have just one worry. IMO Civilization is one of the greatest franchises of all time; with it's peak being Civilization IV (with Warlords being the greatest expansion of all time IMO). However, it completely fell apart with Civ V. The game was utterly ruined and I left the franchise, never to return. KSP is a different animal, though. I think Take-Two will stick with a "hands off" approach. Let's hope so, anyway.

14 hours ago, EladDv said:

But be sure this is industry wide - look on all the half finished buggy games that are coming out lately.

Hey, it isn't like we have not had bugs and stuff before.  Take Two and Squad MUST know that part of the amazing results for KSP has not just been the program, but the community and the people who play it and won't stop talking about it.  Further, the people that make the mods and have worked so hard make the game so adaptable that it can please almost everybody.  If they respect that, all will be well.