Suns Dynamic Lighting issue in Space Center

So the titles a little odd because, for the life of me I can't really decide how to describe this issue.

The problem:

After the 1.3 update the transition of the sun across the sky is jerky (but not at regular intervals) this is easily noticed on 4x speed warp whilst viewing the Space Center with the sun in view but is present all the time.

This is obviously extremely ugly and gives the light and shadows cast by the sun at different times of the day a very noticeable intermittent change that Is very distracting.

I will forego the usual posting of specs and my 6 hours worth of troubleshooting I did last night, because today i tried three different systems of wildly varying specs and it existed on all three from the minute a new game is started, however I can find no reference to this issue being reported on these forums or during the pre-release testing.

if requested by Squad I will post additional information and or a video of the problem (system specs, etc) but id really rather not spend too much time on this as KSP is nearing the end of its life for me (800 hours) and id rather not remember my last few hours of it trying to fix silly problems and would rather just move on to another game, so this post is more of an FYI post.

Please do let me know if this has been deliberately put into the game for some reason and I just missed it, I only skim the release notes.

Additionally:

I reverted to 1.2 and the problem is not present

No mods are of have even been installed on this system

one of the computers i tried was a blank slate troubleshooting machine (still present)

I thought this might be a deliberate change by Squad to combat some of the shadow issues, but if this is the case please revert as I'd rather have flickery shadows than broken lighting to be honest.

Thanks for reading.

TLDR:

Load up KSP 1.3, start new game, in space center view look at sun, time warp x4. notice anything? If yes, post here :) 

According to the above post, it seems this is an intentional change, though in my opinion a bad one, the transition of the sun is way worse than flickering shadows were since the shadows now update incrementally and the lighting globally is now noticeably worse, but I suppose this closes this topic, and I'm only a little annoyed that this was changed and not well documented in the patch notes since that would have saved me my troubleshooting time :(

Mods can close/delete or whatever this thread, I'll likely not monitor it further (Edit: this post is now linked to by other similar issue posts, please do not remove)

Thanks

Edit: A dev post has been written regarding these changes:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/developerarticles.html/enter-the-shadows-r205/

Edited by rob593
Added link to latest information

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.