[1.6.x-1.7.x] SSTU Craft Repository (SLS, Apollo, Soyuz, Shuttle, career, etc)

I only have the BDB pods/lem/aardvark left, I also removed all the engines and tanks. Next to that I use Janitor's closet to remove a lot of other, mostly stock, parts as they are redundant with SSTU. The nice thing about this janitor's Closet is that you can pick and choose in-game what you don't want to see and it will be removed next time you start the game up.

Not sure about the 1.0m increments, I think it is set in the plug-in, not the cfg files. The reason for the 1.25m is that all stock parts also cycle in those increment. But if you use the small Arrow, you can do intermediate steps, or even drag the slider for super fine adjustments. So you are never limited to the 1.25m steps; you could make a 4.05m tank if you wanted to.

2 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

I only have the BDB pods/lem/aardvark left, I also removed all the engines and tanks. Next to that I use Janitor's closet to remove a lot of other, mostly stock, parts as they are redundant with SSTU. The nice thing about this janitor's Closet is that you can pick and choose in-game what you don't want to see and it will be removed next time you start the game up.

Not sure about the 1.0m increments, I think it is set in the plug-in, not the cfg files. The reason for the 1.25m is that all stock parts also cycle in those increment. But if you use the small Arrow, you can do intermediate steps, or even drag the slider for super fine adjustments. So you are never limited to the 1.25m steps; you could make a 4.05m tank if you wanted to.

I need to make more use of Janitor's closet, hunting and deleting .cfgs always ends up with me messing something up, haha. 

Updated my patches file with v1.0.1

New parts
- Added RL87-LH2 engine to SSTU, an LHO engine variant about 1/2 thrust of a J2 (using rescaled J2 model).
- Added RL60 engine to SSTU, an LHO vacuum bell engine about 2x thrust of the RL10-B2 (using rescaled RL10-B2 model).
- Added RL10-C1 engine to SSTU (using RL10-A2 model)

Tweaks
- Added tweak to RL10 engine variants to match RL values, also see RL10-C1 addition.
- Changed SSTU Soyuz DM pod to hold 3 crew.
- Added tweaks for Bluedog DB (mainly aardvark/block3 versions with TAC LS).
- Added tweak for Coatl ProbesPlus to move the 1x2 and 1x4 solar panels down one one and get them together with the stock foldable panels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey @Jimbodiah I made a patch integrating Station Science into SSTU parts (also does one BDB part at the moment) that you are welcome to include on here if you so desire, link can be found in my sig and in the linked post.

EDIT: I just got back from a month long camping trip and forgot that a new KSP version and SSTU versions are out, patch was made on latest 1.2.2 build, so as long as no part naming conventions were changed it should still work fine

Edited by Akira_R

I'll check it out! Haven't used Station Science before I think, but will check it out, thanks!!!!

We're putting together a Github page for SSTU craft files and expansion packs/patches. If you want I can host/link it on there under your own name if you prefer (or on this page for the time being).

Edited by Jimbodiah

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 0:49 PM, Jimbodiah said:

Would you guys like me to use only SSTU and stock parts on those instead?

That would be great if you have the time to change that. I uninstalled BDB a while back because with SSTU i have no need for it anymore, just creates too much redundancy. SSTU literally has every thing you need, as far as rockets, lander, and space stations; and combined with JPL it just makes it one of the most rounded mods out there. Thanks Jim for the hard work, im very appreciative of it.   

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

Nice work!

A question, on the Soyuz, My engines are always showing flames/plumes, even when off. Might you know of the cause?

I believe it to be those engines only, others seem ok.

Latest SSTU in use, KSP 1.3.1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/2/2018 at 1:47 PM, Blyet Nye the Soviet Guy said:

How would I actually go about downloading this? All I get is the bare code for what I assume is the craft file in another tab.

On 6/1/2017 at 10:47 AM, Jimbodiah said:

note  To download the craft files below, right click on the link and select "save link as...". These files need to go into your ksp directory under ../saves/"mygamename"/Ships/VAB

Instructions are on the first page my dude. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.