Long story short: I got an xbox one elite controler I want to use, managed to map all buttons the way I want, but joysticks won't map. How do I map left joystick to pitch/yaw and right joystick to roll? I must be doing something wrong it just seems to me that it doesnt save the mapping

2 hours ago, airsoftm92f said:

Long story short: I got an xbox one elite controler I want to use, managed to map all buttons the way I want, but joysticks won't map. How do I map left joystick to pitch/yaw and right joystick to roll? I must be doing something wrong it just seems to me that it doesnt save the mapping

Are you sure you are mapping the sticks to axes and not to buttons?

I guess I know what you are doing wrong. To map the axes you need to look to the right side of that menu where you did the buttons. All buttons are on the left column, but the axes are to be found next to them, on the right side.

I dont have a screenshot handy, but its easy to find. So easy in fact that it becomes easy to overlook.

Every axis has a slider for Deadzone and Sensitivity under the button that assigns the command to your joysticks.

Hope this helps. Otherwise search for joystick setup, i seem to remember that a helpful member posted a screenshot of the settings/input screen.

7 minutes ago, Dafni said:

Are you sure you are mapping the sticks to axes and not to buttons?

I guess I know what you are doing wrong. To map the axes you need to look to the right side of that menu where you did the buttons. All buttons are on the left column, but the axes are to be found next to them, on the right side.

I dont have a screenshot handy, but its easy to find. So easy in fact that it becomes easy to overlook.

Every axis has a slider for Deadzone and Sensitivity under the button that assigns the command to your joysticks.

Hope this helps. Otherwise search for joystick setup, i seem to remember that a helpful member posted a screenshot of the settings/input screen.

Yeah well I was doing it right the whole time... Turned out I just needed to turn it off and on again... After restarting my PC, everything worked. I hadn't used this controller in a while, it probably just needed an update of the software or something...

2 hours ago, airsoftm92f said:

Yeah well I was doing it right the whole time... Turned out I just needed to turn it off and on again... After restarting my PC, everything worked. I hadn't used this controller in a while, it probably just needed an update of the software or something...

Okay, cool. Now keep in mind to have that controller plugged in whenever you load up KSP. KSP used to have a nasty tendency to reset the settings file back to default when it can not detect a controller anymore. (i dont know if this has been fixed in the meantime, but better safe than sorry: keep a copy of your settings.cfg just in case)

5 hours ago, Dafni said:

Okay, cool. Now keep in mind to have that controller plugged in whenever you load up KSP. KSP used to have a nasty tendency to reset the settings file back to default when it can not detect a controller anymore. (i dont know if this has been fixed in the meantime, but better safe than sorry: keep a copy of your settings.cfg just in case)

Duly noted. Thanks for the advice.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.