[1.9.x] Persistent Trails Continued... V1.10 (8th Mar 2020)

JPLRepo

Persistent Trails.

Document your epic journeys! Fly in formation! Race your friends! Paint the skies!

Persistent Trails Continued...

Features:

- Vessel geometry track replay. Optionally with physics colliders (so you can crash into the recorded vessels). Optionally with playback looping for continuous motion. Or with Fast-Forward.

- optional direcitonal markers

- "continue track" function allows to resume a previously recorded track

- add "log entry nodes" to a track to have georeferenced labels on your track

- fully customizable style

- Each track is stored in a separate file for easy sharing

This is a continuation of the original Persistent Trails mod (original thread here)
As per the MIT license, the license continues to be MIT.
Should the original author re-appear I will gladly hand this mod back to them.

Formation flying (with track line visualization switched off)

DOWNLOAD
For a comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin
Source Code on GitHub here
If you like my mods and you want to show your support, then you can support me on Patreon:
ZnlLmEw.png

Install Instructions:

• Completely delete any previous installations of Persistent Trails from GameData before updating from a previous version.
  • As of V1.5 the install folder location has been changed. Please ensure you remove \GameData\PersistentTrails folder if you have one in your install.
    You can copy your craft and trails files from previous installs into the new install location.
  • Un-zip into your GameData folder.

Download from SpaceDock, CurseForge, or GitHub
SpaceDock runs and makes mods available to you based purely on donation. If you don't want to pledge to me at least
Consider pledging to keep SpaceDock going if you use it.  8VWCQzN.png

Support:
Known Issues:

• Sometimes spawned ghost/replay vessels are created orientated incorrectly. Returning to the Space Center and then back to flight mode is the current work-around.
  • Some animated parts spawn on ghost/replay vessels deployed.

Be a :cool:COOL :cool:PERSON and help me by raising bugs and feature requests on GitHub here.

For support please ensure you are following these instructions.
From now on I will NOT respond to requests for support if you have not at least attempted to follow these simple steps.

NO LOGs = NO SUPPORT.

When I ask for a LOG I mean this LOG:

1. Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\Player.log
  2. - This folder is usually hidden so you should enable the view hidden folders option (more information).
  3. Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
  4. Linux: The log is written to ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal Space Program/Player.log

Whilst I agree CKAN is a great mod for those that can't use Zip tools. I take no part, nor am I interested in maintaining the CKAN mod metadata for my mods.
Please don't ask me about it but refer to the CKAN mod thread if you are having issues with CKAN or the metadata it maintains.

ChangeLog:

Spoiler

V1.11
Re-compile for KSP 1.9.x
Removed Mini-AVC plugin. Can still use the full AVC for version checking.
Fixed KerbalGPS checking, if this mod is installed must have GPS setup in order to record a track.
V1.10
Re-compile for KSP 1.8.x (and associated fixes)
V1.9
Re-compile for KSP 1.7.x
Fix vessel name apply to track name showing localization tag.
V1.8
Re-compile for KSP 1.5.x
Fixed Toolbar mod icon path.
V1.7
Fix and re-compile for KSP 1.4.1
V1.6
Re-compile for KSP 1.3.1
V1.5
Changes and re-compiled for KSP 1.3
Fixed lights and Antennas so they don't deploy for ghost vessels.
Added 3 decimal point precision on distance readout in GUI.
V1.4
Fixed and re-compiled for KSP 1.2 (will not work with older versions).
Fixed part loading for ghost vessels on playback. Parts will now load the correct parts.
Fixed null reference exception in log when leaving Flight scene.
Added Stock application launcher icon support. ToolBar is no longer a required dependancy, but is still supported. Change between stock icon and ToolBar via the in-game Settings Menu - Difficulty settings.
V1.3 (JPLRepo takes over support/dev from here)
Rebuilt for KSP 1.1.3
V1.2
Update for 1.0.2.
V1.1
[Release Details]: Plugin Toolbar integration, FigaroGPS support, fixes for struts, fuel lines and launch clamps for replay
V1.0
[Release details] Joined forces with Snjo. Vessel geometry saving and replay, Replay looping, smart node placement.
V0.8
fixed quickload bug, fixed logentry node labels not updating while GUI is hidden(F2). added tooltips and track length display
V0.7.1
memleak fix and fix for orbital velocity recording
V0.7
StackOverflow Exception removed, 0.2 seconds recording option, minor GUI enhancements => Beta Status
V0.6
added playback function, fixed logentry label positions
V0.5
initial release

Current Contributors (V1.3 above):
@JPLRepo - All codes changes, packaging, support.

Original Contributors (up to V 1.3):

@SirJodelstein

@Snjo

14 minutes ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Hi, this might seem stupid, but here goes. I have ALL my realism mods loaded and saves etc for 1.2.2. It would take hours to update to 1..3. So I was wondering if you could make a version of this mod for 1.2.2?

Go to download via the Github link and you will see the releases for previous KSP versions below the latest release. The one for v1.2 works in v1.2.2

1 minute ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Oh. On Spacedock it only has 1.3

That's because JPLRepo just made this new thread and a new page on SpaceDock to go with it so it wouldn't have any of his past releases which have always been on Github since he took over the mod last year

• 1 month later...

I tried it , and it works great ( KSP 1.3.0),Thank you for this mod! :)

however i have a question/request:
@JPLRepo, is it possible to plot the trajectory in the orbital frame instead of the surface one? i would like to know the (orbital) trajectory of my craft after a long burn hovering the surface in different directions.

Edited by Skalou

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

@JPLRepo

This mod used to be able to work with the KerbalGPS mod to get exact GPS locations.  I'll be releasing a revival on Sunday of the KerbalGPS (been in beta the past week or so), do you know if the code is still there and if it still works?  

Edit:  I just looked at the code and it still seems to be there.  Could you add something to the OP about the integration?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 12:02 AM, JPLRepo said:

V1.10 for KSP 1.9.x released. See op for downloads

@JPLRepo

Two things:

First, while it appears that the mod works in 1.12, the version file doesn't indicate that, it limits it to 1.99

Second, would you mind if this gets put into CKAN?

If you don't want to be bothered, I'd be happy to deal with these two things.

LGG

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, some of you may or may not know that I am a senior dev on KSP1 and now also on KSP2.
Unfortunately I am finding it harder and harder to find time to invest in my KSP1 mods as I would like to. Almost all of my efforts and time now go into KSP2.
That is not to say that I am giving up on my KSP1 mods, just that it is unlikely I am going to have much time to invest in looking at or fixing problems with them. I will find the time to fix some things but it is going to be a very slow road I'm afraid.
I will try my best, but cannot gaurantee anything. Instead - I am sinking all my time into KSP2 development in order to deliver all the exciting new stuff we can for KSP2 and opening up modding in KSP2 for everyone as well.
I hope you all understand. Thanks for your patience and support.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.