easy to use hinge?

Stayputniks (round probe core) in the structural fuselage (1m hollow cylinder). Widgets and stack separators will be useful. You should be able to pull some views with a video of it done. 

I have to agree with @MiffedStarfish, a ring made of cubic struts around a reaction wheels would work well. There is also the RCS ball/thermo hinge, but its probably not well suited for this.

I'd recommend a bearing similar to @Majorjim!'s thermometer hinge (linked by Dafni), but with the thermometers replaced with a disk-like arrangement of 5 (or more if you want) small static solar panels. It's a bit less compact, but I've found it to be more reliable in high RPM, high stress applications such as helicopter rotors, and probably would do well with a fidget spinner. :)

Maybe try wheel bearings? Will those work? I know ball bearings but they might be buggy and clunky in KSP. You know what, make multiple versions and choose the best if you want.

• 1 year later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbD5JcByAbQ

Its not exactly a tutorial, but you get the gist. Watch until about 1:30 for the hinge. Making History structural tubes are your friend here. You can use the structural fuselage for 1.25m hinges, but you´ll have to get crafty for other sizes, if you don´t have Making History.

Edited by Hummingbird Aerospace