Ferry <<n:1[/%d]>><<n:1[a VIP/tourists]>> safely to ...

All my tourism contracts spam alternative text. Example:

Ferry <<n:1[/%d]>><<n:1[a VIP/tourists]>> safely to <<n:3[destination/destinations/destination]>><<n:4[./and back./ and back.]>>

Looks ugly and doesn't really fit the interface. Is this a known issue or something I could fix?

KSP_linux with mods: KAC, MJ, and ModuleManager (via MJ for all)

• 2 weeks later...

Can you supply more information. You say your install is modded. Have you tried without the mods installed to determine if this is a stock bug or a problem with mods interaction?
What flavor of Linux are you running?
Can you provide an uploaded log link?

Oh. I was expecting this is well known and I'm just incapable of finding it, hence the lack of details. Sorry about that.

Problem exists in the vanilla game. I just unpacked a fresh copy, cheated me some science that I could complete first orbit and see tourism contracts.

Debian Linux, KSP says it's 1.3.0.1804

http://84.200.202.96/Player.log (722kB)

5 minutes ago, Laie said:

Oh. I was expecting this is well known and I'm just incapable of finding it, hence the lack of details. Sorry about that.

Problem exists in the vanilla game. I just unpacked a fresh copy, cheated me some science that I could complete first orbit and see tourism contracts.

Debian Linux, KSP says it's 1.3.0.1804

http://84.200.202.96/Player.log (722kB)

Thanks. Will get the QA guys to take a look.

Vessel names as viewed in VAB are affected as well. In flight they are displayed correctly though. Issue is seen in mission control too.

ksp_garble2.jpg

kps_garble.jpg

The VAB floor flicker that I first saw in 1.2 is still there too, as in the picture (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/149787-12-vabsph-floor-marking-flicker/#comment-2799844).

Kernel: 

:~$ uname -a
Linux desktop 4.4.0-78-generic #99~14.04.2-Ubuntu SMP Thu Apr 27 18:49:46 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

• 2 weeks later...

On Linux, in Russian localization, this bug has an interesting effect.

Instead of printing "Ferry X tourist" if one, "Ferry X tourists " if several, it always prints: "Ferry tourists".

And now as to why its so funny - this string was translated as "There are/is Х(number) tourist/s at your disposal."  (В вашем распоряжении Х(number) турист/туриста).
The X is never displayed. And the game always decides for plural form, which ("tourists") sounds like "feminine tourist" (туриста).
.... like "There is a feminine tourist at your disposal".... "В вашем распряжении туриста" - for every tourist mission.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.