1.3 game crashes at Module Manager on startup

Hey Guys,

my game crashes directly on startup. I was upgrading Module Manager for 1.3 and all other mods i think they are related to, but it crashes... i´m not good in log-checking. can anyone look and tell me if there is something suspicious?

Greetings from Berlin

Tamás

Error.log:

[Gargantuan browser-destroying pasted log deleted by moderator, see note below]

Output.log:

[Gargantuan browser-destroying pasted log deleted by moderator, see note below]

Edited by Snark
Removed huge log files pasted into post

Just looking through the log I see you use at least one NearFuture mod; these are not updated for 1.3 yet and will crash your game.  Please check and ensure all of your mods are updated for 1.3.

Edited by Nergal8617

On 6/3/2017 at 6:10 PM, Nergal8617 said:

Just looking through the log I see you use at least one NearFuture mod; these are not updated for 1.3 yet and will crash your game.  Please check and ensure all of your mods are updated for 1.3.

Ok, now i´mtotally clean on 1.3 mods but it crashes also every time on startup.

This is the output now:

Error.log:

[Gargantuan browser-destroying pasted log deleted by moderator, see note below ]

Output.log:

[Gargantuan browser-destroying pasted log deleted by moderator, see note below ]

Can anybody see anything? 

Edited by Snark
Removed huge log files pasted into post

Could you PLEASE stop pasting the entire log into your messages.  It causes real problems on mobile and isn't good for the database either.

Use pastebin, Google docs, dropbox or any of of many other file sharing methods.

Also, please edit your posts and delete the logs which are already there

Yes please edit your posts to remove those log pastings. It causes problems if your thread shows up in searches (spoiler alert: it does) because most or all of the entire pasting is downloaded and briefly displayed causing significant lag until the rest of the search results load and your pastings are hidden.

No seriously the only reason I just came into this thread is because it's screwing my browser up.

On 2017-6-6 at 7:30 PM, schneemannski said:

Ok, now i´mtotally clean on 1.3 mods

I seriously doubt it.

Canadarm for example, isn't up to date.
And are you using blizzy's original toolbar (1.2) or Toolbar Continued by linuxgurugamer (1.3)?
Scatterer is another one that jumps out that hasn't been updated for 1.3

I would do a clean install and add the mods you want piecemeal AFTER checking the required KSP version.
Dont' forget to delete ModuleManager's cache files (delete everything with ModuleManager in the filename except the .dll)

And PLEASE get your logs out off your post and add them as a Dropbox link or something. This is murdering my browser!

Edited by kreutzkevic

To @schneemannski and anyone else who may be reading this:

Please do not paste huge text files into forum posts.  I know you don't mean any harm, but it wrecks people's browsers.  Even on a desktop, with a high-speed wired connection and plenty of RAM, it causes awkward, irritating lag in browsers; and for anyone on a mobile device-- even if they're on Wi-Fi and not using precious mobile bandwidth-- it can make the browser lock up entirely.

Sharing log files is a great way to help people diagnose your problem, and you should absolutely do it.  But don't paste them directly into the forum.  Instead, put your log on some third-party sharing site-- there are lots of them out there on the internet-- and link to it from your forum post.

I've edited the OP and one follow-up post here to remove the huge log files.  If you haven't solved your problem yet, feel free to re-post your log files somewhere-- i.e. elsewhere, not in the forum-- and link it here, and I'm sure plenty of folks will be happy to help.  :)

Thank you for your understanding..

Sorry guys,

i didnt know that. Now i really learned how to deal with these huge logs... ok ... i decided to clean my 1.3 installation stepwise... but after bringing it to life my whole Space Station disappeared and some other tools are also missing. So i decided to stay on 1.2.2 (i have made a backup before). and wait for the really needed mods on 3 for being updated.

So... thanks for helping undrstanding how to bugfix if needed. 

Sorry for harming the Database...  i will never do that again!

9 hours ago, schneemannski said:

So... thanks for helping undrstanding how to bugfix if needed. 

Don't worry about it. I too had crashes during loading 1.3 with 1.2.2. mods. I just wiped them all and wiped my save for good measure. New game with new mods I've never played with. Pretty sweet, too.

I advice patience. 1.2.2. is pretty good. 1.3.1 is around the corner and will be mostly additional bugfixes (I think?). By then, most of the mods should be up to date for 1.3.

1 hour ago, Mystique said:

Try rolling back MM to ModuleManager.2.7.6.dll, it's available in corresponding topic, helped me to launch game at least.

If you are playing KSP 1.2.2 you should use MM2.7.6. If you are playing KSP 1.3 you should use MM2.8.0. Neither version will work with the opposite ksp version

16 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

If you are playing KSP 1.2.2 you should use MM2.7.6. If you are playing KSP 1.3 you should use MM2.8.0. Neither version will work with the opposite ksp version

Really? My KSP 1.3 launched without any objections with MM 2.7.6 (while it's crashing around end of loading with MM 2.8.0), while KSP.log is spammed with "[something] has no database record.Creating" entries.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.