FreeThinker

[1.22/1.3] KSP Interstellar Extended 1.15.0.7 (13-8-2017) Continued Development Thread

9005 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Hacki said:

On that note, community resource pack adds a whole bunch of useless stuff. I'm aware that is partly for compatibility with other mods, but couldnt we write a module manager patch that removes the stuff it if isnt used? I dont need gypsum, dirt, exotic minerals, karbonite, karborundum, minerals, raremetals, substrate, ... etc. It only clutters up the UI and makes the already complex ISRU chain more confusing. 

It's not really a problem as they can be simply be ignored. I was in the process of replacing some of the resources which I use like Minerals (which is an umbrella resource) which I intended to replace by the real raw resource Spodumene as it holds the stuff (Lithium) that is interesting to KSPI.

20 hours ago, Hacki said:

- Spodumene isnt used at all, even though you can mine it. Its chemical composition in real life is LiAl(SiO3)2; so it should be processable into lithium, aluminium and oxygen?

Yes it should, could you add it to the ISRU processor?

Edited by FreeThinker

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes. Please check out how resource switching is accomplished in the Interstellar Fuel Switch. I had the same problems there

Ok! 

3 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Indeed many fields were used for debugging purposes, many of them can be made hidden. you can hide them if you want.

How about a "debug" field for the WarpPluginSettings.cfg? That way we can easily turn those fields back on when they are needed.

I just haven't got around to adding them yet

Thats okay then. I just wanted to know if those were some leftovers from other maintainers / mods, or if they are on a "to be implemented" list. :)

It's not really a problem as they can be simply be ignored

Easy for you to say, as you are familiar with interstellar. When you're totally new to it, it is really confusing to be confronted with a lot of resources / materials that have absolutely no use. 

It would already be a huge help if the ISRU processes from the the refinery window (haber process, regolith process etc) told you what resources are missing in order to start them.... I might just add that. 

Yes it should, could you add it to the ISRU processor?

I can try. 

But if i look at it, i'd almost say we could replace silicates with spodumene? The silicates process already creates silicon, oxygen, lithium-6 and -7. 

After looking into it a bit, it looks like lithium silicates arent naturally occuring anyways, but a step in the processing of lithium ores? 

Edited by Hacki
1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Hacki said:

But if i look at it, i'd almost say we could replace silicates with spodumene? The silicates process already creates silicon, oxygen, lithium-6 and -7. 

After looking into it a bit, it looks like lithium silicates arent naturally occuring anyways, but a step in the processing of lithium ores?

I agree silicates processing can currently be replaced by spodumene processing.

18 minutes ago, Hacki said:

How about a "debug" field for the WarpPluginSettings.cfg? That way we can easily turn those fields back on when they are needed.

Sounds good, something similar is also in TextureSwitcher.  Besides fields, it can also be used to generate more log messages

4 hours ago, Hacki said:

It would already be a huge help if the ISRU processes from the the refinery window (haber process, regolith process etc) told you what resources are missing in order to start them.... I might just add that. 

Well that was something withing the scope of my abilities, so i did that first. 

The ISRU tells you what resources are missing now: 

aMMym3C.png

Code can be found on my github.

Concerning Spodumene, perhaps you can check my calculations: 

1 Unit of spodumene should turn into (approximately.. rounded down a bit):

0,16 Units of Aluminium
0,015 Units of Li-6
0,19 Units of Li-7 
0,4 Units of Silicon
1,36 Units of Liquid Oxygen (Or around 1100 units of gaseous oxygen, since liquid oxygen is ~809 times denser) 

I calculated that with the molar masses of the individual components and their resulting volumes per mass. 

Edited by Hacki