KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

Hello  :D

I am the KSPI-E player from china, I really like this mod and want introduce to my friend, I plan to make a tutorial or handbook about it, and make a localization as Chinese. 

I also plan to make a muti mod as a package, all can be find from ckan. Primary is KSPI-E Pack. Secondary mod is Kerbalism. And some auxiliary like MJ2,KJR.

i will pack all as “Gamedata.zip” and save on my SkyDrive than give a download link for my friend on chinese forum . But i will also give the link include your forum.

What the steps and license I need to follow?  Would you allow me to do it?

3 minutes ago, Acvila said:

how is productivity calculated, is it normal one engineer 2 stars and one with one star in a x7 productivity module give only -0.9 productivity?

I guess you posted in the wrong thread...

Hello fellow kspi-e nerds, I need a reliable, decent trust, atmosphere capable engine which I can put anywhere i like on the ship(I need it as landing thrusters). I am returning to game after some time and my beloved plasma engine which was fittting the needs do not work in atmospheres anymore. Is my install bugged or do I have another option?

20 minutes ago, yafeshan said:

Hello fellow kspi-e nerds, I need a reliable, decent trust, atmosphere capable engine which I can put anywhere i like on the ship(I need it as landing thrusters). I am returning to game after some time and my beloved plasma engine which was fittting the needs do not work in atmospheres anymore. Is my install bugged or do I have another option?

You can try with the Attila. Most of the electric engines will not work in atmosphere.

22 minutes ago, yafeshan said:

2 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

You can try with the Attila. Most of the electric engines will not work in atmosphere.

And reduce the size to 0.625m , it may help to overcome the atmosphere pressure. Resistance RCS also a choice(but wight lot)

On 3/5/2017 at 3:06 PM, DoubleUU said:

Good points on MechJeb use.  I just prefer designing and plannings missions over the actually flying part.  If it wasn't for MechJeb it's unlikely I'd still be playing.

I did some more testing an although BetterBurnTime was calculating a burn it seems like it is pretty inaccurate so I guess the problem you explained is pervasive.  I would guess if it was solvable someone would have done it.  I would think that the usefulness of these affected engine's is directly impacted by the inability to calculate an accurate burn time.  I'm still suspicious that the problem is me but it seems that for once it's probably not.

I noticed when I was stuffing around also with better burn times that it will give you the node burn based on max value until you fire the engines. Once it has data points it will adjust the burn time from there. Oddly enough it doesn't seem to have any real issues when using a slow throttle up engine like the solid core NTR, it's just the variable thrust engines that give it issues.

14 hours ago, Sweetie bot said:

I think no, because kspi use some Completely different mechanism than sotck.

That was wrong.

First of all electric propulsion is not reliable in Atmosphere.

And a 0.625m size Attila will only receive energy up to 1.2 GW, which is not enough in most cases.

btw will you happen to be cakeisalie? who is one of my friend and has a avatar just like yours (and he loves KSPI so deeply)XD

16 hours ago, Sweetie bot said:

Hello  :D

I am the KSPI-E player from china, I really like this mod and want introduce to my friend, I plan to make a tutorial or handbook about it, and make a localization as Chinese. 

I also plan to make a muti mod as a package, all can be find from ckan. Primary is KSPI-E Pack. Secondary mod is Kerbalism. And some auxiliary like MJ2,KJR.

i will pack all as “Gamedata.zip” and save on my SkyDrive than give a download link for my friend on chinese forum . But i will also give the link include your forum.

What the steps and license I need to follow?  Would you allow me to do it?

Hey, tutorials or handbooks are always welcome, feel free to do so. Localizations should be apparently easier to make once the new update to KSP is ready, so perhaps don't jump straight into that :wink: (Also keep in mind that localizations can be very lengthy/time-consuming projects!)

I would advise you to be careful with making mod packages though - generally, this seems to be frowned upon by modders on these forums (for good reasons - one of them being that then the mod authors are not in control of distribution of their mods, so people could be using old versions of their mods obtained from modpacks while still bothering them with bug reports and issues that have already been fixed etc.)

See more here: forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/157313-modpacks-should-they-be-banned/

1 hour ago, Iso-Polaris said:

And a 0.625m size Attila will only receive energy up to 1.2 GW, which is not enough in most cases.

btw will you happen to be cakeisalie? who is one of my friend and has a avatar just like yours (and he loves KSPI so deeply)XD

Well, most time my reacter are 1.25m, the power around 100-300MW... i more like to build small thing .

And you are right! My another name is  cakeisalie  :D

9 minutes ago, EvilGeorge said:

Hey, tutorials or handbooks are always welcome, feel free to do so. Localizations should be apparently easier to make once the new update to KSP is ready, so perhaps don't jump straight into that :wink: (Also keep in mind that localizations can be very lengthy/time-consuming projects!)

I would advise you to be careful with making mod packages though - generally, this seems to be frowned upon by modders on these forums (for good reasons - one of them being that then the mod authors are not in control of distribution of their mods, so people could be using old versions of their mods obtained from modpacks while still bothering them with bug reports and issues that have already been fixed etc.)

See more here: forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/157313-modpacks-should-they-be-banned/

Thank For reply :D

I dont have lot time so i just make handbooks only, their are too much thing need to do when Localizations in mod....

And also than for the advise, I will test my pack first to make sure it work.

I try to make a packages because my friend cannot download mod from spacedock, or just not so good on english.  The problen is, if i make a modpack in my skydrive and make it Downloadable, they can get it but it will not directly from this forum or spacedock.Is that alright ? Or is that anything i should do? 

Version 1.12.10 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-03-07

• Added Ability of Fusion Reactors to use alternative resource source for specific fusion atoms
  • Added alternative Fusion Fuels LithiumHydrate and LithiumDeuteride
  • Added aneutronic Lithium-6- Helium3 Fusion
  • Added aneutronic Lithium-6 cycle Fusion
  • Added aneutronic proton-Nitrogen 15 Fusion
  • Added ability atmospheric extractor to extract Nitrogen-15 from the atmosphere
  • Added Ability of Large Near Future Solar Arrays to receive Beamed power
  • Added T-T fusion to Vista Fusion Engine
  • Balance: increased tech level p-Li6 Fusion and adjusted power output
  • Balance: increased Isp Vista D-D fusion
  • Balance: reduced mass, thrust and power consumptionVista by 50%
  • Balanced energy output fusion fuels

2 hours ago, Sweetie bot said:

Thank For reply :D

I dont have lot time so i just make handbooks only, their are too much thing need to do when Localizations in mod....

And also than for the advise, I will test my pack first to make sure it work.

I try to make a packages because my friend cannot download mod from spacedock, or just not so good on english.  The problen is, if i make a modpack in my skydrive and make it Downloadable, they can get it but it will not directly from this forum or spacedock.Is that alright ? Or is that anything i should do? 

There no commercial purpose involve that mean you can basically put it wherever you want.

I believe the authors would be proud for that..

For some reason my microwave power launch engine won't use any fuel. It used to work fine, I'm not sure if it only started after a recent update though since I rarely use them. I've got it pruned down to the bare minimum just for testing purposes. I've got a probe core, a fuel tank, a Mk1 thermal receiver, and then either a thermal ramjet or a thermal launch nozzle in that exact order. I've made sure that my engine and fuel tank use the same fuel. I've tried just about every reasonable fuel I can use in every combination of fuel and engine. I'm sure that my receiver is getting power, if I replace the engine with a generator it works just fine. Also if I replace the thermal receiver with a reactor then the engine gets its fuel works just fine. I've tried using other thermal receivers as well just in case but none of them work. If I right click on the engine, I see that it's getting power but no fuel. The fuel won't drain out of the tank even if I run a fuel line directly from the tank to the engine. I've also tried using all of the different KSPI tanks in addition to the stock tanks. Any ideas?

@Popetastic What about your beamed power transmitter, where is it located?, how much power does it transmit in what wavelength?

Let me show what the wiki sais:

Mk1/Mk2 Thermal Power Receiver

The Mk1/Mk2 Thermal Receiver is the first beamed power receiver ( it has the advantage that it is compatible with any wavelength, a property of thermal receivers). It basically operates by absorbing the beamed energy and generate thermal heat. The thermal heat can then be used directly for propulsion or energy production when connected with a thermal electric generator. The Mk1/Mk2 Thermal Receiver optimal receival is 100% from the sides and 0% from the top or bottom. This blindspot can be a major problem when ascending because during a natural gravity turn, the bottom will point directly to KSC. Therefore placing a transmitter next to the KSC is the worst location for a transmitter when ascending. there are basically 2 methods of combatting this. Either place a beamed power transmitter a few kilometer to the west or use a transmitter on a ship east from KSC. Putting the transmitter westward is the easiest and has to advantage of allowing you to park a transmitter at a high hill or mountain, which benefits from low atmospheric absorption. The disadvantage is that it requires a retrograde orbit. On the other hand using a ship vessel as transmitter has the advantage is that you can place vessels in a prograde orbit, requiring less propellant. Regarding the launch, the normal gravity turn is not the ideal ascend as it would reduce the time you are in range of your transmitter. Instead use a vertical launch and turn horizontal at 35000 m. This will ensure the thermal receiver sides are exposed as long as possible to your transmitter. Next one in space, you are advice to use a thermal receiver dish, which functions as a slave, feeding the thermal receiver for power. The big advantage of a dish is that they can receive beamed power direct from the bottom of the vessel. You can do even better if you combine it with a power pivot from infernal robotics, aiming the dish at the surface transmitter.

68747470733a2f2f75706c6f61642e77696b696d

I was building a prototype ship and planning to use singularity reactor with magnetic nozzle. In reactor window I can see charged particle generation but engine do not produce any thrust. Singularity drive is working, i tried it with other engines without problem but magnetic nozzle is useless. Was this supposed to happen or I have bug? I am using singularity reactor for the first time. 

Just now, yafeshan said:

I was building a prototype ship and planning to use singularity reactor with magnetic nozzle. In reactor window I can see charged particle generation but engine do not produce any thrust. Singularity drive is working, i tried it with other engines without problem but magnetic nozzle is useless. Was this supposed to happen or I have bug? I am using singularity reactor for the first time. 

Was the test in atmosphere? Magnetic Nozzle only works in space.

4 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

Was the test in atmosphere? Magnetic Nozzle only works in space.

All tests are made in space.

I used magnetic nozzles before. I tested it again with antimatter reactor, works as expected.Singularity reactor is problem

Edited by yafeshan

20 minutes ago, yafeshan said:

All tests are made in space.

I used magnetic nozzles before. I tested it again with antimatter reactor, works as expected.Singularity reactor is problem

You can't use thermal/charged energy of QSR reactor for propulsion.

Just testing the ISRU processors, should the power control slider adjust the resource and power usage rates? 

I find that it has no effect. 20MW for ocean extration on the small one no matter where I set the slider, similar behavoiur for the large one.

I would have thought that any water contians heavy water (although the abundance in sea water should be higher) and that deuterium could be a byproduct of hydorgen liqification process (in small quantities)

Is there a tutorial/documentation somewhere for all of this? (as this mod is both awsome and complex) 

I'm trying to setup a Fusion reactor resupply base and need to get deuterium from somewhere.. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.