KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

9 minutes ago, Sereneti said:

it dosnt grab...

i trie it again, steam had repaired KSP.

Maybe it work now...

I heard that someone else had a similar issue, but it's related to Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. If your Claw still doesn't work, I suggest you to take a look at the last few pages of the relative thread.

13 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

So I just need to add a few attributes,  but t does require me to compile against some dll right? wouldn't that create a dependancy? Can the dll placed in my plugin folder?

Edit: Ok sound like fun, will you write the Client Python?

If I have time and some knowledge/documentation of how the warp drive calculates its exit velocity. min warp power and max warp speed, yes I will do it so that my space fighter can go to Laythe

EDIT: I can slightly understand the C# code of the warp drive, but I cannot currently "speak" C# fluently, so any explanation that is more quantitative than the deeper the warp drive is in the gravity well, the lower its max speed is useful for me

Edited by Aghanim

12 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

I heard that someone else had a similar issue, but it's related to Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. If your Claw still doesn't work, I suggest you to take a look at the last few pages of the relative thread.

the only mods i use are 
Mechjeb
and KSP-interstellar Extendet

19 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

I can't find the dev thread for joint reinforcement, can you link it?

17 minutes ago, Liquid5n0w said:

I was looking for the dev thread, but I guess they don't have a separate thread.

Also farram really isn't active it seems.  I'm wondering if I should stop using KJR?

You can, if you want to manually use the autostruts on every ships. 

Ferram is actively working on the update of that monster called FAR, he'll probably fix the KJR issues in a short times. 

Meanwhile, if you use the workaround found for IR, the Claw will works as expected, just remember to use some autostrut on big heavy ships.

1 minute ago, Nansuchao said:

You can, if you want to manually use the autostruts on every ships. 

Ferram is actively working on the update of that monster called FAR, he'll probably fix the KJR issues in a short times. 

Meanwhile, if you use the workaround found for IR, the Claw will works as expected, just remember to use some autostrut on big heavy ships.

Yeah I saw that work around for IR, but didn't understand it.  I need to change the config of the Klaw and then it works with KJR? or that only works on IR parts?

I am having a issue resizing my radiators. I only have .75 and 1.0 size options.

62sfJp9.jpg

I have tried reinstalling tweek scale and Kspi.

Also the radiator seems weak, I don't have NFE installed and I have removed the NFE patch file from kspi and my radiator still seems to be extremely week.

I have built several test microwave beam satellites and I am unable to keep them cool. On the ground I can get them to a stable temp once in space the heat keeps building till the genorator cold bath is so hot I am not transmitting any thing useful.

Edited by Tirello

9 minutes ago, Liquid5n0w said:

Yeah I saw that work around for IR, but didn't understand it.  I need to change the config of the Klaw and then it works with KJR? or that only works on IR parts?

No, you need to change a value of a KJR setting. This will disable KJR for the multi node connection, and re enable the Claw and the IR parts.

Not sure, whether these things were already mentioned, but from the Martian ISRU POV.

CO + LOx fuel. (Also have read about CO jet experiments, but can't find where.)
https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=21544.0

CO2 + Mg fuel.
http://www.wickmanspacecraft.com/marsprop.html

http://www.wickmanspacecraft.com/marsjet.html

Spoiler

2 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Not sure, whether these things were already mentioned, but from the Martian ISRU POV.

CO + LOx fuel. (Also have read about CO jet experiments, but can't find where.)
https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=21544.0

CO2 + Mg fuel.
http://www.wickmanspacecraft.com/marsprop.html

http://www.wickmanspacecraft.com/marsjet.html

Reveal hidden contents

Very interesting. I intended to create a universal metal fuel rocket engine, capable of burning combination of Aluminum/Magnesium/Silicium/ Iron with Oxygen. I was not aware even CO and CO2 can be used as oxidizers!

Is it just me or is launching and grav turning with an interstellar payload more complicated than with stock?

i love that my transfer vessels are now lighter than ever before and have more dv, maybe that's causing it, more drag to weight ratio? I can't seem to avoid flipping during ascent even if I start the grav turn above 25km. I feel like I did when I first started playing back in 1.04. I've even tried 5m delta deluxe wings at the base of the launch vehicle. 

10 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

@FreeThinker Do you have a higher resolution image of the Interstellar flag?

Yes I have, why are you asking?

3 hours ago, ttussok said:

Is it just me or is launching and grav turning with an interstellar payload more complicated than with stock?

i love that my transfer vessels are now lighter than ever before and have more dv, maybe that's causing it, more drag to weight ratio? I can't seem to avoid flipping during ascent even if I start the grav turn above 25km. I feel like I did when I first started playing back in 1.04. I've even tried 5m delta deluxe wings at the base of the launch vehicle. 

It usualy helps to add some static fins or radiators on the bottom of a rocket

thanks!  Actually I figured out I was right, the thrust was just too far away from COM so all I had to do was mount the launch vehicle radially to the transfer vehicle and made a perfect gravy turn.  

its funny because I would often use spacey and tweakscale and make rockets double the height of the vab and could grav turn no problem because they were big pointy things.  I guess the lighter weight of the interstellar parts has its drawbacks.

On 21.01.2017 at 4:47 PM, Nansuchao said:

If you activate the pressure part limit, they break also with KJR. Actually KJR is a kind of autostrut but you don't need to do it manually. Stall that plane in the low atmosphere and some part will break, if you activate the relative option.

ok thx , but where is it that option beacuse i cant find it?

Dyson Swarm

So, I have been messing around in my sandbox save with the new beamed power parts. While it can be a bit confusing I think I have the basics down. One of my experiments has involved using hyper edit to put a 2.5M solar collector in orbit around the sun at various altitudes. Even with the nerfs from NFT this thing produces nearly 500MW at 3500Mm from the sun, just Inside the orbit of Moho  and outside it's SOI. Much closer than 3500Mm  and the heat is very difficult to manage. Much further from the sun and you start to worry about Moho, and loose power drastically. My design seemed optimal at this specific altitude, but there is always room for improvement. 

I was able to have 5 transmitters on the vessel all working in the infrared spectrum. They would transmit a total 250MW giving me around a 50% utilization of the current power production. My power sats at Kerbin function the same at 50% utilization. How can I improve this?

So I got to thinking how feasible it would be to build a Dyson Swarm, how much power could it produce and what could be done with that power. Even just a few of these satellites would easily make up for the deficiencies of using NFT with KSPIE. Although the logistics of getting them there in a career or science campaign without hyper edit would be extremely complex, though not impossible. 

Thoughts?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.