KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

4 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

KSPI-E recently has gained the ability of persistant thust, which especialy combined the Vasmir becomes almost too good if you know how to use it right. The Vasimir has a maximum Isp of almost 30000s  just adding a small nuclear reactor will be enough to get you any in RSS solar sytem and back by simply accelerate the vessel in timewarp

Ah, I see. Agreed, cheaply leveraging a 30000s Isp in the 1st near future tech tier would be overpowered from any gameplay perspective :)

Thanks for taking the time to type up all the replies!

49 minutes ago, entropy-- said:

Ah, I see. Agreed, cheaply leveraging a 30000s Isp in the 1st near future tech tier would be overpowered from any gameplay perspective :)

Thanks for taking the time to type up all the replies!

No I like to explain the details of KSPI-E tech tree, a lot of though has gone into it actually.

Regarding electrical engines, KSPI-E  differentiates 5 generations of electric engine parts:

• Generation 1 Ion Propulsion; contains KSPI-E most primitive electric engines which include RCS resistojet
  • Generation 2  Advanced Ion; Propulsion contain the first electric engine worthy of mention and remain usefull like the Arcjet en Augment Arcjet (ATTILA)
  • Generation 3 Plasma Propulsion; introduce the first ION engine killer, the Magneto Plasma Dynamic Thruster which Isp is about 3 times as high as the ATTILA
  • Generation 4 Advanced Plasma; Propulsion introduced the VASIMR, with its incredible high variable ISP,  which goes up to a maximum of three times the isp of the MPD
  • Generation 5 Specialized Plasma; Propulsion introduced KSPI-E most advanced electric technology, the Plasma Wakefield Accelerator which  Isp it 3 times as high as the VASIMR
Edited by FreeThinker

@FreeThinker  I just realized while resizing a rectenna that shouldn't the costs get higher the smaller it is?  Other parts too should have miniaturization cost rather than savings.  For example I find myself shrinking the Timberwind a lot and it really drops in cost when I do that.  Maybe the cost should just stay the same instead of increasing?

Version 1.12.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-02-02

• Added Replace broken Linear Arcjet RCS by three new Mounter Arcjet RCS thrusters
  • Added internal space science lab
  • Balance: Switched Particle Bed Reactor (Timberwind) and Nuclear Lightbulb unlocking tech requirement
  • Balance: increased unlocking tech requirement Plasma nozzle and Magnetic nozzle
  • Balance: increased mass X8 Interstellar Fuel Tank
  • Fixed exception atmospheric extract at planet without hydrogen
  • Fixed power cost non hydrogen propellants in RCS thrusters
  • Fixed performance issue RCS thrusters

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Version 1.12.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-02-02

• Added Replace broken Linear Arcjet RCS by three new Mounter Arcjet RCS thrusters
  • Added internal space science lab
  • Balance: Switched Particle Bed Reactor (Timberwind) and Nuclear Lightbulb unlocking tech requirement
  • Balance: increased unlocking tech requirement Plasma nozzle and Magnetic nozzle
  • Balance: increased mass X8 Interstellar Fuel Tank
  • Fixed exception atmospheric extract at planet without hydrogen
  • Fixed power cost non hydrogen propellants in RCS thrusters
  • Fixed performance issue RCS thrusters

Is there a way to know how much power the RCS will need besides putting it on the pad and watching the KSPI power readout?

5 minutes ago, garwel said:

Is it possible to disable the KSPI window from appearing in editor whenever you press P? It opens up when I name the vessels or search for parts, which is annoying.

Yes change ThermalUiKey  in WarpPluginSettings.cfg to a different key

@FreeThinker Thanks for the updates!

And onto the next question :)

I can't seem to get the Thermal Turbojet / Ramjet Nozzles to vector at all. They don't respond to turning input, even though the table lists them as "highly maneuverable" .As you can imagine, this makes the rocket really hard to control. Any ideas on what I should check?

My Thermal Turbojet/Ramjet ,TORY nuclear Ramjet and Direct Cycle nuclear Turbojet cannot receive intake air, and they can't even switch to Atmospheric mode when I have other propellant onboard. Any fix?

Nothing wrong with my stock jet engines btw

Edited by Iso-Polaris

2 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

My Thermal Turbojet/Ramjet ,TORY nuclear Ramjet and Direct Cycle nuclear Turbojet cannot receive intake air, and they can't even switch to Atmospheric mode when I have other propellant onboard. Any fix?

Nothing wrong with my stock jet engines btw

You might have to unlock experimental rocketry first

5 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

I just found out why....Its because of the sigma dimension 10X resize mode.

Since the stock air intake works just fine, would you plz make a compatibility patch for this?

Sorry I don't understand how this has anything to do with the intake problem

Edited by FreeThinker

6 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

It's so wired ...  but its the fact. The problem gone when I uninstall sigma dimension and appears again when I reinstall it

6 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Im using Galileo's Planet Pack btw, is there anything to do with that?

8 hours ago, tferroato said:

Hey, I'm having trouble pulling up the Quantum Vacuum Thruster in sandbox mode. Is there something I'm overlooking? I'm at a loss for why it's not there anymore.

It is replaced by the EM thruster

7 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

It's so wired ...  but its the fact. The problem gone when I uninstall sigma dimension and appears again when I reinstall it

Im using Galileo's Planet Pack btw, is there anything to do with that?

Interesting, KSIE does respond when sigma dimension is installed, perhaps it is causing exception resulting in those parts no to function properly.

32 minutes ago, entropy-- said:

Possibly silly question: Why is there no Closed Cycle Gas Core Reactor without a built-in engine? I would love to attach a Thermal Turbojet/Ramjet Nozzle to such a reactor.

The answer is simple, I don't have a suitable model.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.