KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

@Swedishish It appears  the thermal helper doesn't take into account Near Future mode, causing it  give wrong prediction. I can ensure you 4 of those sime foldable radiators should be enough for this reactor.

I see. Perhaps then those images didn't help. I am, however, still at a loss. On my test rigs, the reactor's output and subsequent transmission power do appear to scale with the thermal helper info. 

edit: Removing NF Electrics does appear to fix the problem. 

Edited by Swedishish

I'm getting ready to start a new save and have been thinking about including this mod to get access to some of the very end-game engines since I'd like to colonize several planets and they would help with that significantly. That said, I'm also a big fan of the Near-Future Technologies mods for what would end up being mid-game in this save, yet I've gathered from some searching through this thread that some serious balance issues crop up when using the two mods together. Am I correct in this assumption, or do they mesh well together?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, SpacedInvader said:

I'm getting ready to start a new save and have been thinking about including this mod to get access to some of the very end-game engines since I'd like to colonize several planets and they would help with that significantly. That said, I'm also a big fan of the Near-Future Technologies mods for what would end up being mid-game in this save, yet I've gathered from some searching through this thread that some serious balance issues crop up when using the two mods together. Am I correct in this assumption, or do they mesh well together?

Thanks.

KSPI-E was originaly designed to make KSPI work in a balanced way with Near Future Technology, so YES!

@FreeThinker Question which way does it balance, down to NFT or bring NFT up too KSPI-E.  Just started a career playthrough with your mod, havnt touched it since a few months after the fork (took a long ksp break), loving the updates!  More curious for the future in case I feel like added parts.

Spoiler

[WRN 21:31:22.398] [TweakScale Warning] No valid member found for partMass in ThermalNozzleController
TweakScale.Tools:LogWf(String, Object[])
TweakScale.MemberUpdater:Create(Object, String)
TweakScale.ScaleExponents:UpdateFields(Object, Object, ScalingFactor, Part)
TweakScale.ScaleExponents:UpdateObject(Part, Part, Dictionary`2, ScalingFactor)
TweakScale.TSGenericUpdater:OnRescale(ScalingFactor)
TweakScale.TweakScale:CallUpdaters()
TweakScale.TweakScale:Setup()
TweakScale.TweakScale:OnLoad(ConfigNode)
PartModule:Load(ConfigNode)
Part:LoadModule(ConfigNode, Int32&)
ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode)
ShipConstruction:LoadShip(String)
FlightDriver:Start()

[LOG 21:31:22.434] InsterstellarFuelSwitch Verify Tank Tech Requirements 
[WRN 21:31:22.445] [TweakScale Warning] No valid member found for partMass in ThermalNozzleController
TweakScale.Tools:LogWf(String, Object[])
TweakScale.MemberUpdater:Create(Object, String)
TweakScale.ScaleExponents:UpdateFields(Object, Object, ScalingFactor, Part)
TweakScale.ScaleExponents:UpdateObject(Part, Part, Dictionary`2, ScalingFactor)
TweakScale.TSGenericUpdater:OnRescale(ScalingFactor)
TweakScale.TweakScale:CallUpdaters()
TweakScale.TweakScale:Setup()
TweakScale.TweakScale:OnLoad(ConfigNode)
PartModule:Load(ConfigNode)
Part:LoadModule(ConfigNode, Int32&)
ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode)
ShipConstruction:LoadShip(String)
FlightDriver:Start()

[LOG 21:31:22.468] InsterstellarFuelSwitch Verify Tank Tech Requirements 
[LOG 21:31:22.489] InsterstellarFuelSwitch Verify Tank Tech Requirements 
[LOG 21:31:25.486] [KSPI] - did not find techid highEnergyScience
[ERR 21:31:25.487] [TransmitterModule]: Part Module 0 doesn't implement IScalarModule

[ERR 21:31:25.489] Module ModuleEngines threw during OnStart: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Light].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleEngines.SetupFXGroups () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleEngines.InitializeFX () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleEngines.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[LOG 21:31:25.491] [KSPI] - ThermalNozzleController - setup animation
[LOG 21:31:25.520] [KSPI] LoadInitialConfiguration initialize initial beam configuration with wavelength target 0.5000000005
[ERR 21:31:25.521] Module MicrowavePowerReceiver threw during OnStart: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FNPlugin.MicrowavePowerReceiver.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[LOG 21:31:25.533] [KSPI] - did not find techid metaMaterials
[LOG 21:31:25.550] [KSPI] LoadInitialConfiguration initialize initial beam configuration with wavelength target 0.5000000005
[ERR 21:31:25.551] Module MicrowavePowerReceiver threw during OnStart: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FNPlugin.MicrowavePowerReceiver.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[LOG 21:31:25.564] [KSPI] - found techid specializedElectrics available
[LOG 21:31:25.584] InsterstellarFuelSwitch SetupTankInPart adding resources: LiquidFuel;
[ERR 21:31:25.587] Module ModuleEngines threw during OnStart: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Light].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[LOG 21:31:25.589] [KSPI] - ThermalNozzleController - setup animation
[LOG 21:31:25.668] InsterstellarFuelSwitch SetupTankInPart adding resources: LiquidFuel;
[ERR 21:31:25.670] Module ModuleEngines threw during OnStart: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

[LOG 21:31:25.672] [KSPI] - ThermalNozzleController - setup animation
[LOG 21:31:25.928] [KSPI] - found techid heatManagementSystems available
[LOG 21:31:25.945] [ModularFlightIntegrator] MFI Start
[LOG 21:31:25.946] [ModularFlightIntegrator] Start. VesselModule on vessel : 
  ModularFlightIntegrator
  CommNetVessel

[WRN 21:31:25.948] BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "scienceModule/strutCube/model/cubestrut"
[here ksp crashed while loading launch pad scene]

lots of errors/exceptions in log, and may be provoke ksp crash,hmm looks like memory leak and out of memory..., strange that no any indication early in logs.

Edited by okder

16 hours ago, Temeriki said:

@FreeThinker Question which way does it balance, down to NFT or bring NFT up too KSPI-E.  Just started a career playthrough with your mod, havnt touched it since a few months after the fork (took a long ksp break), loving the updates!  More curious for the future in case I feel like added parts.

It balances KSPI power level down to NT level when NFE is in stalled, or it balance  NFP up to KSPI if it isn't (at it used to)

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

It balances KSPI power level down to NT level when NFE is installed...

This explains a few things that I have not been able to figure out. 

Also just ran into the RCS sound crashing bug the other day. Only to find out this was fixed in a recent patch. Why didn't AVC notify me of the update? Should I have checked it with CKAN

On Monday, January 09, 2017 at 4:05 PM, falcoon said:

I can still fully benefit from all Interstellar technologies (just values will be defferent)? It won't affect beam power network and it's efficiency?

Im running NFE with the reactor de-buffs in KSPIE. I have had no troubles with my beamed power network thus far. Keep in mind I'm only using microwave band in Kerbin's SOI for now but evrything is working beautifully. 

It does become a challenge to reach that 2.5GW needed for the DT Vista, but not impossile. 

21 hours ago, Aaron Also said:

It does become a challenge to reach that 2.5GW needed for the DT Vista, but not impossile. 

Well note that the DT-Vista is quite forgiving as it will scales the maximum thrust generated based on amount of available power. Meaning, even if you have only 250 MW, it is still able to produce thrust at high Isp. The justification for this is that the Vista is technically an op Inertial Confinement Fusion Reactor which operates by very short burst of fusion. When you have less power than the requested power, it simply reduces the rate at which fusion explosions are taking place.

Edited by FreeThinker

Version 1.12.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-01-23

• Added New ISRU Process: Atmosphere Extractor which allows extraction of useful resources from any Atmosphere (credits EvilGeorge)
  • Added Regolith Drill
  • Added Regolith to switchable solid storage tanks
  • Added Atmospheric definition for Galileo (credits Chase842)
  • Balance: Limited maximum Beamed power in Near Future Electric mode
  • Balance: Made Xenon fuel mode more electric efficient
  • Fixed Cleaned interface Beam Bower receiver when linked for relay
Edited by FreeThinker

@FreeThinker

Small suggestion: Please expose your warp drive parameters and controls under

so that I remotely control warp drive parameters such as enable/disable and warp speed control and get predicted amount of power required, so that I can control the warp drive using a Python script which will allow me to quickly prototype some sort of warp drive navigation strategy

Here is the documentation for extending kRPC to KSPI:
https://krpc.github.io/krpc/extending.html

5 hours ago, Aghanim said:

@FreeThinker

Small suggestion: Please expose your warp drive parameters and controls under

so that I remotely control warp drive parameters such as enable/disable and warp speed control and get predicted amount of power required, so that I can control the warp drive using a Python script which will allow me to quickly prototype some sort of warp drive navigation strategy

Here is the documentation for extending kRPC to KSPI:
https://krpc.github.io/krpc/extending.html

So I just need to add a few attributes,  but t does require me to compile against some dll right? wouldn't that create a dependancy? Can the dll placed in my plugin folder?

Edit: Ok sound like fun, will you write the Client Python?

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.