KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

intakeATM calculated as speed_depended_multiplier * intakeAir?, if so in 1.0.5 intakeAIR already depends on speed, so such multiplier now may be removed.

(plasma works on atmosphere with atlitude 65km)

P.S. on my vessel plasma engine gives 9m/(s*s) with atmosphere on 58000 on kerbin.

and stock engines works much better when there is not enough atmosphere (i mean balance and smooth thrust level).

kerbal stock radiator temperature visually much higher, than reported by kspi.

(i.e. different temperatures for same radiator part)

and strictly opposite with kspi radiator parts (reported temperature much higher than visually seen by stock ksp)

Edited by okder

intakeATM calculated as speed_depended_multiplier * intakeAir?, if so in 1.0.5 intakeAIR already depends on speed, so such multiplier now may be removed.

(plasma works on atmosphere with atlitude 65km)

P.S. on my vessel plasma engine gives 9m/(s*s) with atmosphere on 58000 on kerbin.

and stock engines works much better when there is not enough atmosphere (i mean balance and smooth thrust level).

No, generated atmosphere is based only on speed and air density and air-intake size

Edited by FreeThinker

No, generated atmosphere is based only on speed and air density and air-intake size

strange it feels like in 1.05 intakeATM is more than in 1.04,

but realistically critical overheating of front parts also begins early,

i.e. i could reach 3100 m/s surface speed (airbreathing) in 1.05 only because plane accelerate higher than in 1.04,

P.S. large microwave receiver/transmitter works in atmosphere on supersonic speed (even on sea level, but in 1.05 it gets most of heating),

but should it withstand such stresses?

i think that should be disabled, but stock large wings(fueled) should also get microwave receiving ability after proper research.

P.S. large microwave receiver/transmitter works in atmosphere on supersonic speed (even on sea level, but in 1.05 it gets most of heating),

but should it withstand such stresses?

i think that should be disabled, but stock large wings(fueled) should also get microwave receiving ability after proper research.

Good point. I think I can apply the same auto folding logic I applied to solar collector. Note that in reality, the is Large Microwave Collector is technically a Solar Collector specialized at Infrared radiation

- - - Updated - - -

strange it feels like in 1.05 intakeATM is more than in 1.04,

but realistically critical overheating of front parts also begins early,

i.e. i could reach 3100 m/s surface speed (airbreathing) in 1.05 only because plane accelerate higher than in 1.04,

Well for 1.0.5. Path, I was forced to initialize the atmospheric intake differently. Possibly it is overpower now

Edited by FreeThinker

Good point. I think I can apply the same auto folding logic I applied to solar collector. Note that in reality, the is Large Microwave Collector is technically a Solar Collector specialized at Infrared radiation

still need analogue for small(no drag) solar panel (just to cover most square of wings with them).

but you should decided on critical temperature, but i think it should be same for all collectors.

P.S. in this case will be much more parts, especially microwave collectors, will it work normally without slowdown?

another alternative make copy of (some) wings and add to them ability with microwave collectors with weight+price + critical temperature change.

it's really nice to fly on microwave power :).

also mass for large collector is wrong too.

Perhaps it would be a Idea to re-texture the current small flat radiator to a microwave receiver texture which make it useful underneath a wing...

I should figure out something similar, make a mk2 in line part...

so.. CKAN has InterstellarFuelSwitch's update, but Interstellar is still not showing an update to v16. EDIT: Nevermind. it hadn't shown up until now, but literally a minute after posting this, it's there. lol.

Edited by ss8913

I cannot see Interstellar Extended via CKAN. I can see the fuel switch and fuel switch core, but not the most up to date version of the full mod.

Strangely, it downloaded the update at some point, but while working out what mod was causing a crash, on removing Interstellar Extended it is no longer visible in CKAN at all.

I should figure out something similar, make a mk2 in line part...

there is not enough square, it should be large (all wing size at least), in my case only large collector is good enough for small plane, and i using NFT, so power requirements is low.

I cannot see Interstellar Extended via CKAN. I can see the fuel switch and fuel switch core, but not the most up to date version of the full mod.

Strangely, it downloaded the update at some point, but while working out what mod was causing a crash, on removing Interstellar Extended it is no longer visible in CKAN at all.

Is this still a problem?

Is this still a problem?

as of now, yes

EDIT:

Just manual-downloaded from Kerbalstuff - it looks like the problem is that the uploaded .zip is not GameData, like CKAN likes.

Edited by ABZB

I don't understand, they are the same source.

CKAN only pulls downloads from kerbalstuff when the uploaded file is the zipped Gamedata folder - if the uploaded folder is not named GameData.zip, containing the GameData folder, it will not recognize it. I think they did this to make figuring out what folders to put where easier for them.

That rule threw me for a loop when I uploaded at first.

CKAN only pulls downloads from kerbalstuff when the uploaded file is the zipped Gamedata folder - if the uploaded folder is not named GameData.zip, containing the GameData folder, it will not recognize it. I think they did this to make figuring out what folders to put where easier for them.

That rule threw me for a loop when I uploaded at first.

That is only the case for automated netkan files, we can easily change that to find the correct folder if it doesn't has a GamaData folder

Alright, now I'm confused, what is wrong? The Zip file contains a GameData folder. It's exactly the same as it always used to

The zip folder itself also needs to be named GameData.zip, unless you specify otherwise in a custom netkan (as Olympic mentioned)

Totally agree with that. It makes sense for the Science Labs to have internal CLS connections at the top and bottom. Everything else is either heavy machinery or radioactive and does not need changed. The Kerbals will still need to realistically get around these parts in EVA. Only those areas that crew are expected to work inside need the CLS connections.

Anyone know if connected living space (CLS) has been implemented for the science lab?

Pleas could pleas make a unsupported 1.0.4 version as its been disabled and none of the reactors work and I want to wait to use 1.0.5 until the vast majority of the mods I use have been updated.

When I say unsupported I mean that no support will be offered by the Freethinker from this thread.

Edited by etheoma

Pleas could pleas make a unsupported 1.0.4 version as its been disabled and none of the reactors work and I want to wait to use 1.0.5 until the vast majority of the mods I use have been updated.

When I say unsupported I mean that no support will be offered by the Freethinker from this thread.

Alright , I added a link to the last 1.0.4 version of KSPI

I have a problem, "Gas Core Reactor" and "Large Molten Salt Reactor" do´t work with "Thermal Turbojat" or "Thermal Rocket Nozzle" anymore (sandbox mod). No thrust, no fuelflow. All other Reactors a ok.

New installation do´t help ( KSP Interstellar Extended only).

I have no issues with the Molten Salt Reactor and Pebble Bed, but the Dumbo seems to exit the problems you describe. The moment the part is selected, it starts spamming "The hull has more than 255 polygons. This is invalid." in the Log. Seems that the new Unity used in KSP has implemented some limitation on part model complexity, which is too bad :( . I think I need to replace it with another model.

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.