KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

Well, I've got a really puzzling support request.

http://i.imgur.com/9rgzsUU.png

I've replaced every folder that comes with KSPI-E with fresh ones other than 000_Toolbar and ModuleRCSFX (which I'm fairly certain aren't the problem). I have confirmed that WarpPlugin is directly in my GameData folder. My Player.log has the following line a few thousand times:

Cannot find config in file : WarpPluginSettings

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

The only thing that I did between a startup where KSPI-E worked and when the problem started was I edited Texture Replacer's list of bodies with breathable atmosphere and minimum atmospheric pressure for helmet removal, and I highly doubt this would cause anything of the sort.

Here's my WarpPluginSettings.cfg file:

WARP_PLUGIN_SETTINGS
{
name = WarpPluginSettings

AluminiumResourceName = Aluminium
AmmoniaResourceName = LqdAmmonia
ArgonResourceName = ArgonGas
CarbonDioxideResourceName = LqdCO2
CarbonMonoxideResourceName= LqdCO
HeliumResourceName = LqdHelium
Helium3ResourceName = LqdHe3
HydrazineResourceName = Hydrazine
HydrogenResourceName = LqdHydrogen
HydrogenPeroxideResourceName = HTP
MethaneResourceName = LqdMethane
NitrogenResourceName = LqdNitrogen
OxygenResourceName = LqdOxygen
TritiumResourceName = LqdTritium
UraniumTetraflourideName = EnrichedUranium
WaterResourceName = Water

RadiationMechanicsDisabled = True
ThermalMechanicsDisabled = False
SolarPanelClampedHeating = False
LimitedWarpTravel = False
RecieverTempTweak = True
MatchDemandWithSupply = False
MaxThermalNozzleIsp = 10000
GravityConstant = 9.80665
IspCoreTempMult = 22.371670613
ElectricEngineIspMult = 1
BasePowerConsumption = 5
PowerConsumptionMultiplier = 1
MaxPowerDrawForExoticMatterMult = 1
GlobalThermalNozzlePowerMaxTrustMult = 1
GlobalMagneticNozzlePowerMaxTrustMult = 1
GlobalElectricEnginePowerMaxTrustMult = 1
MaxAtmosphericAltitudeMult = 3.61912
MinAtmosphericAirDensity = 0.000001
ElectricEnginePowerPropellantIspMultLimiter = 1
ElectricEngineAtmosphericDensityTrustLimiter = 0
OrsResourceMappings = LiquidFuel, LqdHydrogen, Hydrogen, LqdHydrogen, Oxidizer, LqdOxygen, Oxygen, LqdOxygen, Helium, LqdHelium, Nitrogen, LqdNitrogen, Methane, LqdMethane, CarbonDioxide, LqdCO2, CarbonMonoxide, LqdCO
}

I have this exact issue. Was there any fix for it? I have installed the new mod first removing the old one as I always do but all of a sudden I get this.

I have no issues with the Molten Salt Reactor and Pebble Bed, but the Dumbo seems to exit the problems you describe. The moment the part is selected, it starts spamming "The hull has more than 255 polygons. This is invalid." in the Log. Seems that the new Unity used in KSP has implemented some limitation on part model complexity, which is too bad :( . I think I need to replace it with another model.

Probably is because the new parts in 1.0.5 are made with a new PartTool and they changed something in the way the models are handled.

I keep getting the error whenever I start a game. It says:

KSP Interstellar Installation Error

KSP Interstellar is unable to detect files required for proper funtioning. Please make sure that this mod has been installed to [base KSP directory]/GameData/WarpPlugin.

Same issue here. From what I can tell, all interstellar parts are gone due to that. I'm using a CKAN install though. Might not be related to the mod itself but to CKAN. *shrug*

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]After upgrading to 1.0.5 the KSP Interstellar Extended fission reactor lacks a in-flight start button. I tried adding a kerbal to the ship and testing on EVA but it's not available either. There seems to be no way to start the reactor.
[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=verdana]I read in the documentation that you need to attach a generator in order for the reactor to work. Funny thing is I didn't attach a generator in 1.0.4 and the reactor would generate electricity by itself. I still have the same problem with the generator installed in 1.0.5. The generator deactivates itself at startup saying there's no reactor present. The reactor doesn't show the start button in the context menu.[/FONT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]
Am I missing something or is this a mod bug?

Thanks![/FONT][/COLOR]

Now that the stock heat system has changed to have a heat value designed for supporting reactors, are there plans to move the heat system of the mod to use the stock system? This would be really great for heat management and having all radiators work across the board. :)

[quote name='kevinKrauser'][COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]After upgrading to 1.0.5 the KSP Interstellar Extended fission reactor lacks a in-flight start button. I tried adding a kerbal to the ship and testing on EVA but it's not available either. There seems to be no way to start the reactor.
[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=verdana]I read in the documentation that you need to attach a generator in order for the reactor to work. Funny thing is I didn't attach a generator in 1.0.4 and the reactor would generate electricity by itself. I still have the same problem with the generator installed in 1.0.5. The generator deactivates itself at startup saying there's no reactor present. The reactor doesn't show the start button in the context menu.[/FONT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]
Am I missing something or is this a mod bug?

Thanks![/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Can you specify which reactor and which generator you're trying to attach?

[quote name='Nansuchao']Can you specify which reactor and which generator you're trying to attach?[/QUOTE]

I'm using the Fission Nuclear Reactor, here's a picture: [url]http://imgur.com/Mh1dfc3[/url]

As of the generator, I'm using the charged particle generator

These two show the problem: [url]http://imgur.com/a/AJphK[/url]

[quote name='kevinKrauser']I'm using the Fission Nuclear Reactor, here's a picture: [url]http://imgur.com/Mh1dfc3[/url]

These two show the problem: [url]http://imgur.com/a/AJphK[/url][/QUOTE]

Ehm, I don't want to sound rude, but those reactors doesn't works with the Interstellar Extended parts, cause it comes from USI, a different mod, and they works in a different way. Edited by Nansuchao

[quote name='JeffreyCor']Now that the stock heat system has changed to have a heat value designed for supporting reactors, are there plans to move the heat system of the mod to use the stock system? This would be really great for heat management and having all radiators work across the board. :)[/QUOTE]

No, the heat factors are too different. Stock heating is supposed to handle things like warmth from inside by kerbal activities, the KSPI-E heat system is designed to dissipate the heat of gigawatts of power generation.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='kevinKrauser']I'm using the Fission Nuclear Reactor, here's a picture: [URL]http://imgur.com/Mh1dfc3[/URL]

These two show the problem: [URL]http://imgur.com/a/AJphK[/URL][/QUOTE]
That is from a different mod, but it might still work if you used the thermal generator. Charged particles are not produced by those types of reactors.

I am playing 1.0.4 and have an issue with KSPI radiators becoming detached from a ship on the ground while extended. I load the save and the parts are on the ship, turn away from the sun, but then become inactive, mousing over them they are debris, but still in position on the ship. If I do pretty much anything, release breaks, raise the active harvesting drills, EVA a Kerbal, the ship starts to blow up and it starts the log with radiators impacting the tank they are sitting on and were attached to in the VAB. Is this a known issue? Any advice?

What's with the VASIMR engine being able to lift a craft off of Kerbin? The real thing would produce extremely low thrust (like 40 Newtons) at its maximum setting in a vacuum. In the atmosphere, it would produce probably no thrust at all.

On another note, would compatibility with Orion style nuclear propulsion fit in with this mod? Or would its introduction just make everything else obsolete?

[quote name='Sahadara']What's with the VASIMR engine being able to lift a craft off of Kerbin? The real thing would produce extremely low thrust (like 40 Newtons) at its maximum setting in a vacuum. In the atmosphere, it would produce probably no thrust at all.

On another note, would compatibility with Orion style nuclear propulsion fit in with this mod? Or would its introduction just make everything else obsolete?[/QUOTE]

I believe the Thrust per unit of energy is correct, with that the rest is just a matter of scale and miniaturization.

It will also work just fine in atmosphere except that it will transfer a bit more heat to the housing.

[quote name='Sahadara']What's with the VASIMR engine being able to lift a craft off of Kerbin? The real thing would produce extremely low thrust (like 40 Newtons) at its maximum setting in a vacuum. In the atmosphere, it would produce probably no thrust at all.

On another note, would compatibility with Orion style nuclear propulsion fit in with this mod? Or would its introduction just make everything else obsolete?[/QUOTE]

There are a couple of mods that introduced Orion engines, the last one from RoverDude.
The Orion Drive is a really crazy idea, but it doesn't make KSPI-E engines obsolete at all...

For the VASIMR, the really low thrust of the real one is cause they think to power it just with solar panels, not nuclear reactors.

[quote name='Nansuchao']
For the VASIMR, the really low thrust of the real one is cause they think to power it just with solar panels, not nuclear reactors.[/QUOTE]
They also do not use a cooling system like the one in the game, to save weight, almost all cooling comes from radiation from the drive itself and heat is not pumped into giant radiators.

[quote name='Sahadara']On another note, would compatibility with Orion style nuclear propulsion fit in with this mod? Or would its introduction just make everything else obsolete?[/QUOTE]

i also got the feeling, when asking about nuclear salt water rockets, that FreeThinker doesn't want to add engines that create giant radioactive craters.

I'm having an issue with the NBrcs5block ... I'm setting the fuel to Hydrazine for each thruster individually, but when launching it's defaulting to monoprop. I take a quick look at each thruster in persistant.sfs during the flight and sure enough fuelmodename for each block has changed back to monoprop. I'm sure I could edit persistent in mid flight... but that bugs me! Also, I see the option to switch fuel types while launched/orbiting but it has no effect live.. is it supposed to?

KSPI FTW...

~K

[quote name='Profit-']No, the heat factors are too different. Stock heating is supposed to handle things like warmth from inside by kerbal activities, the KSPI-E heat system is designed to dissipate the heat of gigawatts of power generation.[/QUOTE]

Actually... the stock core heat system can support whatever you want to toss at it ;) It was made extensible specifically for things like nuke reactors, etc. and has a load of dials, config options, and hooks exposed for modders.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.