MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
		passable = true
	}
}

Works fine for me, First Spoiler Button then inside it Code

Edited by EnigmaG

sth is worng my warp drive dont carry my start velocity , now when i leave kerbin with 2,5k speed and go to for example jool i got 10 - 14 k and have to burn half my fuel. Vector stays the same but speed change idk why it worked before.

Edited by gary85

Warp drive always conserve your velocity and direction, if you start at kerbinorbit its your orbit velocity and direction plus kerbin velocity and direction. And you target also has a velocity and direction. On the same side of the sun the cancel another mostly, on  opposite sides the add up.

Edited by EnigmaG

43 minutes ago, EnigmaG said:

OK even worst case it should´t be over 30km/s

yeah I thought gary85 was just misunderstanding how this works, at first, but it should never be 100,000 m/s, that shouldn't be even theoretically possible within the solar system.

1 hour ago, ss8913 said:

yeah I thought gary85 was just misunderstanding how this works, at first, but it should never be 100,000 m/s, that shouldn't be even theoretically possible within the solar system.

Can you try to make the same maneuver without MechJeb? I'm not sure, but I remember in old versions a bad interation between the Warp Drive and mechJeb.

11 hours ago, EnigmaG said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@PART[computerCore]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]] 
{
    MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}

@PART[scienceModule]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]] 
{
    MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}

@PART[FNInlineRefineryLarge]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]] 
{
    MODULE
	{
		passable = true
	}
}

Works fine for me, First Spoiler Button then inside it Code

Ahhh I see I can no longer use [  spoiler ]  I have to use the interface thing. 

1 hour ago, Nansuchao said:

Can you try to make the same maneuver without MechJeb? I'm not sure, but I remember in old versions a bad interation between the Warp Drive and mechJeb.

I never had that problem again but I haven't used the warp drive in a month or so since 1.0.5 came out, will have to check.  I'm still really hoping FreeThinker at some point has time to force an 0.10c limit on the larger warp drives and maybe have an auto-shutoff when within X km of a gravity well.  Right now the really fast warp speeds are problematic to use - even the in-warp throttle takes a long time to respond to input, so i generally just use the minimum throttle all the time - but on some craft, even that is too fast.

i dont have warp plugin for meachjeb i only use action groups for changing warp sepped and turning it off.

and when i right click on warp drive it say i can upgrade it for 100 science.

Edited by gary85

Hi, I have two problems. One of them I think is a bug in values adjustment to NF mods:

It seems about right:

xoJpByj.jpg

But I've got better values with smaller radiators:

zcbWuI3.jpg

And I also have problem with building SSTO, no trust whatever I do, is it normal?

cqdlj40.jpg

5 hours ago, EnigmaG said:

This was taken out, i think a years ago.

i downloaded it from here few weeks ago.

edit

i just downloaded and installed new version now ( i deleted warp plugine ) and it still wana upgrade my warp drive for 100 science

Edited by gary85

I need a lot a help. I'v been using interstellar for a month now and i'm getting nowehere. I find it extremely confusing with too many parts that must be put together to make something work. So far I managed to use only the vista and the thermal turbojet engines and only because I found youtube videos about them. I'm sorry if this is not the place, but I cant find a clear guide and not even where to post to find help.

Mainly i'm going nuts trying to assemble generators + reactors + fuel + engine. Or they don't even click together, or are in the wrong order, or they don't work, or they blow up.

This mod in wonderful, but its getting me crazy. please help :(

10 hours ago, gary85 said:

i downloaded it from here few weeks ago.

edit

i just downloaded and installed new version now ( i deleted warp plugine ) and it still wana upgrade my warp drive for 100 science

Sorry, is still in, i only played sandbox since 1.0 wrecked my save. My bad.

14 hours ago, EnigmaG said:

This was taken out, i think a years ago.

Gary85 are you sure you have KSP Interstellar Extended 1.6.1, and not an old pre-Extended version from the previous maintainer?  That would explain a lot...

3 hours ago, gorebello said:

I need a lot a help. I'v been using interstellar for a month now and i'm getting nowehere. I find it extremely confusing with too many parts that must be put together to make something work. So far I managed to use only the vista and the thermal turbojet engines and only because I found youtube videos about them. I'm sorry if this is not the place, but I cant find a clear guide and not even where to post to find help.

Mainly i'm going nuts trying to assemble generators + reactors + fuel + engine. Or they don't even click together, or are in the wrong order, or they don't work, or they blow up.

This mod in wonderful, but its getting me crazy. please help :(

if they don't click together in the VAB/SPH, you may be hitting a bug. all the parts should at least attach, regardless of if they actually work or not.

Generally you need a reactor, an electric generator, an engine, and heat radiator(s).  The better the reactor, the more thermal power it will have for things like thermal rockets, thermal turbojets, and the more power to drive the electrical generator for things like ATILLA or plasma drives.  One thing I've noticed in my current science save is that I can't get enough power to drive either atilla or plasma with anything less than an antimatter reactor, and even then I'm not sure because I haven't unlocked them yet; I just get zero thrust (whereas I use these things all the time in sandbox mode and it works fine).

So if you're in sandbox mode probably the most satisfying thing you can do as a test is to make a simple rocket in the VAB... stack a command pod, maybe a decoupler/heatshield, a big tank of hydrazine (right click and change to hydrazine), then an antimatter tank (make sure to fill it! they're empty by default), then a charged particle electric generator, an antimatter reactor, and .. an engine of your choice.  I like the atilla for this setup, but it's not the only choice.  Now open up the VAB thermal helper and add KSPIE (not stock) radiator parts until the numbers are green, or at least yellow.

That's the basic stuff.  there's also ways to refine fuel and do other fancy things.. microwave power transmission, the supercollider ring... the alcubierre drives.. but the above is kind of a 'getting started' :)

10 hours ago, ss8913 said:

Gary85 are you sure you have KSP Interstellar Extended 1.6.1, and not an old pre-Extended version from the previous maintainer?  That would explain a lot...

i deleted entire warp plugin and dowloaded it yesterday from link in 1 page.

now i got 20km/s after warping to dune it was opposite side of the sun but still way to much considering i had 2500m/s speed when i start warp.

Edited by gary85

57 minutes ago, gary85 said:

i deleted entire warp plugin and dowloaded it yesterday from link in 1 page.

now i got 20km/s after warping to dune it was opposite side of the sun but still way to much considering i had 2500m/s speed when i start warp.

Your speed in your navball always shows your speed relative to the body whose SOI you are in.  So you leave kerbin and it says 2500 m/s, that's relative to Kerbin, not to the star, Kerbol.  When you get to Duna, your speed relative to the *star* will be preserved.  20km/s is about right if Duna is on the far side of the star from where you started.  You can use the star's gravity to burn off the speed for you if you warp in close to the star at the right point, wait a few hours for gravity to do its job, and then warp to your destination.  If you can do vector addition you can figure it out, and mechjeb can help you calculate it if you come out of warp near the star and 'match velocity with destination' (ie, Duna) at a fixed time of 0 seconds - this will show you the vector and dV differential you need to make up.

So at this point it seems that it's working as intended; at least it's working as it's always worked for me, and how it's "supposed to".  If Duna is ideally positioned you can get away with 3km/sec for your insertion burn, but it seems you're doing the trip at the worst possible time :)

Also, don't use liquidfuel/oxidizer, if you still are.  Those fuels are entirely obsolete with this mod.  I find that hydrazine works best with pretty much every KSPIE engine - the VASIMR and ATILLA seem to be the most efficient, if you have the antimatter reactors unlocked, which of course you do since those unlock before the warp drives :)  It's not impossible to make a spaceplane that can go single stage to Duna and burn off the 20k dV even under non-ideal conditions.  You might have to refuel for the return trip, however, if you're needing 20k :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.