KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

On 25-1-2017 at 1:40 AM, Aghanim said:

If I have time and some knowledge/documentation of how the warp drive calculates its exit velocity. min warp power and max warp speed, yes I will do it so that my space fighter can go to Laythe

EDIT: I can slightly understand the C# code of the warp drive, but I cannot currently "speak" C# fluently, so any explanation that is more quantitative than the deeper the warp drive is in the gravity well, the lower its max speed is useful for me

Perhaps this is any use to you:

2ahhzma.jpg

Version 1.12.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-01-29

• Added Offline processing for all ISRU processes
  • Added Atmospheric Resource Extraction will now use stock resource extraction definition when available
  • Added Cesium as an Electronic propellant useful as an dense efficient propellant for MPD, Vasimir and travelingWave engine
  • Added Atmospheric Intake will now also function correctly at high timewarp
  • Added Re-textured ISRU Refinery making it look distinct from the stock ISRU texture (credits by EvilGeorge)
  • Added Regolith Collector will now also make use of stock resource extraction definition (credits by EvilGeorge)
  • Added functionality which will add trace amount Helium4, Helium3 and Deuterium to atmosphere when missing.
  • Balanced reduced lab research bonus and power cost on KSPI lab but increase science storage capacity
  • Fixed Atmospheric Resource Offline processing amount
  • Fixed Atmospheric Resource Helium-4 and Helium-3 extraction and added Xenon, Deuterium, and Krypton for extraction

Edited by FreeThinker

21 hours ago, Tirello said:

Why are my radiators more effective in on the ground then in space?

Is this intended or do I have a mod conflict some where.

this is intended. On the grount, at least in atmosphere of Kerbin/Earth , radiator also lose waste heat by convection, which comes on top of the waste-heat by radiance, which is the only type that works in space. As a consequence, it's a lot easeir to keep something at the surface cooled, than in space.

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

this is intended. On the grount, at least in atmosphere of Kerbin/Earth , radiator also lose waste heat by convection, which comes on top of the waste-heat by radiance, which is the only type that works in space. As a consequence, it's a lot easeir to keep something at the surface cooled, than in space.

Doesn't graphite burn at high enough temperatures when within a oxygen enviroment though?

7 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Perhaps this is any use to you:

2ahhzma.jpg

So tell me if my interpretation of that diagram is correct:

1. We have a 2 planets, red planet and blue planet.

2. Then, we have a warp capable spacecraft at blue planet wanting to go the the red planet.

3. All solid arrows are velocity vectors with respect to the orbit center, which is Kerbol in this case

4. Green dashed arrow is the warp vector

Step 1: Warp to the orbital center and wait until the velocity vector of the spacecraft is parallel to the target planet velocity vector, which in this case is the red planet

Step 2: Warp to a position where the velocity vector of the spacecraft can match with the target velocity vector

Step 3: Warp to the target planet

For the ESLD jump beacon, assuming that both KSPI warp drive and ESLD jump beacon operates by moving the ship in space without changing its velocity vector, I think that ESLD wiki might be helpful too

New part: Inline Thermal Receiver Relay Dish

It can work together the the Mk1 Thermal Receiver

Here is a little demonstration

jAq34RH.png

Y5ME0jC.png

y3TafYH.png

Only after 20 km, start gravity turn to improve receival

7dKqR0E.png

dtfuVV8.png

When high enough, we can deploy the dishes

JPAcSCW.png

The Thermal Receiver Relay Dish solves the main weakness of the Mk1 Thermal receiver which is it cannot receive power directly from the bottom.

When not used for receive the dishes can also be used as a relay mirror or as a powerful communication relay

Edited by FreeThinker

Version 1.12.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-01-29

• Added new part: Inline Thermal Receiver Relay Dish which can be deployed to receive or relay beamed power or act as a long range data relay
  • Added ability of Umbrella Radiator to act as thermal receiver
  • Balance Microwave Transceiver is now capable of transmitting in multiple microwave wavelengths
  • Balance: Unlocking technology all Thermal engine parts to experimental rocketry
  • Balance: advanced thermal propellant modes are now unlocked with advanced storage technologies
  • Fixed Beamed power receivers for non solar power capable parts, preventing them for from receiving any beamed power
Edited by FreeThinker

i ! Sorry for my bad english but i have a problème with my ship , when i trhust in retrogade direction for make an orbit around duna for exemple , my vélocité bloc at 709/ms :/ and i can't make mi orbit !! I use DT Vista ans ixs generator and i have 3000/ms in stock but the thrust don't work 

9 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

I think the Energy beam/transmit efficiency is too low for a rescaled system such as 64k and RSS.

Is there a way to tweak all of that?

Actually it is the other way around, it uses realistic but optimistic values, to make it fair, I would have to nerve stock gameplay, but I'm nice so I don't.

But if you insist, what you could so is make a change in the WarpPluginSettings.cfg and increase MicrowaveApertureDiameterMult and NonMicrowaveApertureDiameterMult . It will make their effective apertures larger, making beamed power more effective on long range.

Edited by FreeThinker

No problème with the beam or megajoules ma generator product many of them but just i have all condition necessaries for accelarate but my ship bloc and hé can't make an orbit

When I accelerate my fuel descending but my heat and my EC none because my générator  product many of them so i accelerate in the void ... it's a bug ??:/

Edited by Serioja

2 hours ago, Serioja said:

No problème with the beam or megajoules ma generator product many of them but just i have all condition necessaries for accelarate but my ship bloc and hé can't make an orbit

When I accelerate my fuel descending but my heat and my EC none because my générator  product many of them so i accelerate in the void ... it's a bug ??:/

Can you please post a pic of your ship?

Une photografie de tous vessel.

On 29-1-2017 at 3:11 AM, Viper_607 said:

Doesn't graphite burn at high enough temperatures when within a oxygen enviroment though?

It appears it does:

Graphene is the only form of carbon (or solid material) in which every atom is available for chemical reaction from two sides (due to the 2D structure). Atoms at the edges of a graphene sheet have special chemical reactivity. Graphene has the highest ratio of edge atoms of any allotrope. Defects within a sheet increase its chemical reactivity.[68] The onset temperature of reaction between the basal plane of single-layer graphene and oxygen gas is below 260 °C (530 K).[69] Graphene burns at very low temperature (e.g., 350 °C (620 K))

I wasn't aware of this, but we definitely need to do something with this. The fact that Graphene spontaneously burns in an oxygen atmosphere even at moderate temperature is actually a great way to balance them and introduce new gameplay. A logical consequence it that the maximum temperature in Kerbin/earth atmosphere is 600K which increases to 3500K once in space. This makes non-graphene radiators, which tends to be heavier and less effective in space have an edge over graphene radiator which are currently better in every respect except cost and higher tech requirement.

Edited by FreeThinker

ThermalRocketNozzle can't be placed, or launched, sorry my bad wrong install way.

reinstalled same problem, research now in place, but no part in editor, and can't be launched

hmm it exist two place now in tech tree.

ok. that's ksp bug.

Edited by okder

2 hours ago, Liquid5n0w said:

@FreeThinkerI couldn't find the open cycle gas core engine in my tech tree, so I looked at the cfg for it and you made it unreachable?  Why did you decide to disable the engine, I don't remember seeing it in any patch notes?

Yes, the Open Cycle Gas Core engine is intentionally phased out  (soft deleted)

It is replaced by the separate modular parts Open Cycle Gas Core reactor in combination with Plasma Nozzle

DI6Ikvn.png

When possible I try to keep KSPI-E module, which allows more freedom

Edited by FreeThinker

4 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

It was replace by the seperate modular parts Open Cycle Gas Core reactor in combination with Plasma Nozzle

DI6Ikvn.png

Good to know.  The only problem with that solution is that the reactor doesn't get small enough for my needs, which is annoying.  I'll change it's cfg.

8 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

It is replaced by the separate modular parts Open Cycle Gas Core reactor in combination with Plasma Nozzle

DI6Ikvn.png

I never liked that engine, landing with it was terrible and it wasn't the best choiche for most of the use. Thumbs up!

16 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

I never liked that engine, landing with it was terrible and it wasn't the best choiche for most of the use. Thumbs up!

It is not suitable at all for landing or takeoff. What it is good at transferring large planetary vessels with the Isp comparable to stock Xenon thruster at 100 times the thrust

Edited by FreeThinker

11 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

It is not suitable at all for landing or takeoff. What it is good at transferring pushing large planetary vessels with the Isp comparable to stock Xenon thruster at 100 times the thrust

Yes, but at that level there are better choices. The Closed Cycle is a great engine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.