KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

I'm having the same problem as Blackbeard, and posting log and craft data.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yexwxcrjgt6ddse/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vnm2ae680gl3ik/Untitled%20Space%20Craft.craft?dl=0

It happens after I get into orbit and try to re-focus. Long as I know it is a problem only with Ion engines. Ships with other KSPI parts loads perfectly.

Even if you only change the engine to any non-Ion engine, it loads normally. Hope the data helps. Sorry for my poor English.

The problems with the electric engines should be solved now. In fact they should be better than ever.

What do you mean by the kilowatt, gigawatt, and megawatt warp drives? Are the gigawatt ones the most powerful? How does it work?

Well it depends how you want to play it, which depend what kind of reactor and warp engines have installed. The Idea is to provide a meaningful challenge by scaling the engine power requirements with the available reactor and warp technology. If you combine RoverDude Warp Engines and combines them with KSPI, You need Giga watts to power the warp engines, they won't even move anywhere without it. If on the otherhand, you install NFT-E you can power the warp engines with a few solar panels. The different is a magnitude of 1000000

Edited by FreeThinker

Oh and just encase you thought I was using the old 1.5 tweek scales for that I wasn't, its just that with 1.5 tweek scales you can scale down the Reactors to there proper size, that and the github instructions still say tweekscales 1.5.

Those bugs are with tweekscales 2.1, and just encase you are not ignoring me are you its just everyone else got a reply. Because I did put in quite a bit of time testing all of this and if you are ignoring me I would rather not waste my time.

No hard feeling if you are I just wont bother any more, I don't want to sound like a whining b**** but its just if I'm doing this to be helpful not to cause you hassel if I am it would be best for both of us if I stopped.

Edited by etheoma

Oh and just encase you thought I was using the old 1.5 tweek scales for that I wasn't, its just that with 1.5 tweek scales you can scale down the Reactors to there proper size, that and the github instructions still say tweekscales 1.5.

Those bugs are with tweekscales 2.1, and just encase you are not ignoring me are you its just everyone else got a reply. Because I did put in quite a bit of time testing all of this and if you are ignoring me I would rather not waste my time.

No hard feeling if you are I just wont bother any more, I don't want to sound like a whining b**** but its just if I'm doing this to be helpful not to cause you hassel if I am it would be best for both of us if I stopped.

I'm not ignoring anyone, I just have a lot on my plate. Eventually, everything get's fixed or better but I hear you and I appreciate your efford.

- - - Updated - - -

Something I still don't understand, most of the parts are still missing in sandbox. Why is that and how can I get all the parts to be available in sandbox?

What is missing?

- - - Updated - - -

Hello.

Can you fix the download links on the OP? They all point towards files named [0.90] instead of [1.0.2]. I know it's the correct version (1.0.12), but can you rename them?

Unfortunatly, I cannot change that name because if I could, I already would have. I have to make a fresh new upload, I'm working on it.

Edited by FreeThinker

One of your dependencies that you redistribute has updated:

https://github.com/BobPalmer/CommunityResourcePack/releases

It's 4.1 you still redistribute 3.3 2 versions back :wink:

Thanks for the heads up, I will update next update

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance you will be on github later on,

you might find some people that help out there.

Any help would be welcome

Edited by FreeThinker

I made CKAN metadata files for this mod. Here is Github repo: https://github.com/A2K/KSP_InterstellarExtended_CKAN

Installation instructions (advanced):

• Simply add the github URL to CKAN as metadata repository and look for "Interstellar Extended" in mod list

Installation instructions (simplified):

1. Click menu: Setting > CKAN Settings
  2. Click "New" under "Metadata repositories"
  3. Copy this into input line on the bottom on the window which just appeared:
    Interstellar Extended | https://github.com/A2K/KSP_InterstellarExtended_CKAN/archive/master.zip

and click "OK"

4. Close "Settings" window and click "Refresh" on the toolbar
  5. Now "Interstellar Extended" should be available to install in mod list, simply install it like any other mod.

The mod installed in such way seems to work correctly (game does not crash and lots of new parts are available), but I am new to KSP and I don't know what exactly this mod is supposed to add to game, so some stuff could be missing. This method does not install that weird toolbar, extended filters, TechManager, and fuel switch mods. I don't know if those mods are required for Interstellar to work correctly.

Edited by A2K

Electric thruster functionality seems excellent with no more universe destroying capabilities.

The universe destroying effect were caused by some divide by 0 error, which didn't cause exceptions, but did destroy the Kerbal universe. Fortunate for us this doesn't happen in real life except perhaps in a black hole.

But what about new dynamic ISP, where the first 1/3 of trottle is at max Isp and then gradualy decreases to 1/3 of max Isp giving increase thrust? It will makes heavier propellant like Nitrogen a lot more effective. It effectively allows you to start with empty tank. Suck up the Nitrogen/CO2 from the atmosphere , get into orbit, switch to high ISP and tranfer to anywhere in the solar system. I'm thinking about unlocking this ability only after research higher electric propulsion tech levels

- - - Updated - - -

The mod installed in such way seems to work correctly (game does not crash and lots of new parts are available), but I am new to KSP and I don't know what exactly this mod is supposed to add to game, so some stuff could be missing. This method does not install that weird toolbar, extended filters, TechManager, and fuel switch mods. I don't know if those mods are required for Interstellar to work correctly.

extended filters, TechManager isn't but the Toolbar, CRP and ORS are

Edited by FreeThinker

extended filters, TechManager isn't but the Toolbar, CRP and ORS are

Thanks! I will update ckan files.

Can you tell me what parts of Boris' 0.90 port are actually required? I see that most of it's files are overwritten by this mod, are there even any files used from 0.90?

That's hard to answer but I suggest you wait a little with CKAN support, I'm close to a full Beta Release which no longer requires Boris 0.90 Port.

I understand people are Impatient, but doing it faster won't speed up anything

Edited by FreeThinker

Sure, no rush. I just wanted to try this mod after watching Scott Manley's videos. Please tell me if there is some way I can help you getting this mod closer to stable release. I'll be glad to help updating CKAN files for release version.

It should work, but perhaps you need some power tot start the reaction. You need 500 MW to start the fusion reaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, no rush. I just wanted to try this mod after watching Scott Manley's videos. Please tell me if there is some way I can help you getting this mod closer to stable release. I'll be glad to help updating CKAN files for release version.

Well, in that can I consider you my man for CKAN compatibility ;)

I would also help If someone created some help documents for a new wiki

Edited by FreeThinker

Hey FreeThinker, Just one quick question: Are you using the old Thermal Rocket Nozzle numbers, or the horribly nerfed ones that we the last released in the original vesion? Fractal_UK nerfed the ever loving crap out of them right about the time 0.9 started up.

~Steve

- - - Updated - - -

What is missing?

every part except two interstellar fuel tanks are missing in sandbox mode. I'm all up to date. Tried new KSPI extended install, fresh KSP install. Everything I can think of. No dice.

every part except two interstellar fuel tanks are missing in sandbox mode. I'm all up to date. Tried new KSPI extended install, fresh KSP install. Everything I can think of. No dice.

Something i clearly not installed correctly. Most likely you ModuleManager isn't up to date.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey FreeThinker, Just one quick question: Are you using the old Thermal Rocket Nozzle numbers, or the horribly nerfed ones that we the last released in the original vesion? Fractal_UK nerfed the ever loving crap out of them right about the time 0.9 started up.

Look at the Reactor table on the OP, do they looked nerved to you? In short, the starting reactor produces slightly less thrust at a higher ISP then Stock Nerva reactor. That's kind of the opposite of what it was, isn't it? The only nerved thing about it is that it procuces much more heat then the Stock Nuclear engines (which produces very little heat in compaired to its power), but they don't need any active cooling like KSPI Reactors do.

Edited by FreeThinker

Let me know how the new electric engines function

hmm? You mean if it works as written in the update explanation? or is the function useful?

In the former meaning, it works as written.

For the latter meaning, my old hydrazine-ATTILA rocket needs to limit thrust because of the too high TWR at max thrust. But that means I can make orbit with low-thrust high-ISP fuel. So changing fuel should help increase delta-V.

oh, and Unless I limit thrust, it works poorly with mechjeb autopilot. But that not a big problem since mechjeb hates variable-thrust engines any way.

Is this what you mean? sorry if this isn't it.

Hmm seems extended is drifting further and further away from basic ksp part interactions.

Set down an ISRU on a DMP server with science mode on (Big team effort with quite a few docking ports and KAS)

Only to find out we can't make liquidfuel or oxidiser anymore just Interstellar specific resources ;.;

You might want to start building a wiki on github like the original so people can actually read and prepare,

because the old one is certainly far from accurate for this version

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f673670795a6e552e706e67

Edited by Neouni
typos

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.