KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

Well, I have never suggested that KSPI-E has solved all bugs. There is still plenty to do, especialy on the resource front, but I can only do it one step at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

well bug with pure particle powered reactor(set in editor!) which can't power thermal engines still there (if you don't switch rector mode in fly to thermal and back) engines will not work.

a lot of bugs with resource mining and conversion, i think it's better to move that to another mod,

and significantly rewrite it.

among them

1. still no water mining, in moon craters, where default ksp map shows water present.

2. no resource mining/obtaining from atmosphere when vessel is not active, some processes requires days to acquire enough of resource, and you can't switch vessel for that time (especially bad for low orbit atmosphere mining). and i was not able to mine enough resources for magnetic fusion reactor working from Jool low orbit, i.e. even helium 3 mining speed is too low. i can understand that antimatter mining could be very low (should be hundreds times lower than he3 when energy is considered)

3. uranium transfer problem.

3.5 actinides transfer and reprocess (currently works only in science lab, taking from online reactor and returning uranium to it, that's looks like bug too)

4. lithium can't be mined anywhere.

5. atmosphere mining can't mine all gases same time, but why you can only capture one gas at time?

(i.e. you should still capture all gases, you can separate them later)

6. drills not used for mining.

7. Uranium nitride production (Uranium Tetraflouride Ammonolysis)

non resource bugs:

NFT compatibility missing for some kspi attitude/rcs thrusters (they require hundreds times more energy than ATTILA)

NFT compatibilty may be missing for Flat radiator.

in some vessels design strange problems with fuel flow appears and disappears randomly (again thermal engine, hydrogen works perfectly, liquid fuel buggy, and lf+ox even more buggy).

still in general this mod is a great work.

Good list, I plan to fix or implement them all

Edited by FreeThinker

@ Nansuchao , Profit, okder

Guys i appreciate the theory but im not that scientific and in my experience in my spaceplane powered with 1 2,5m antimatter reactor with weight of 98t , theremal turbojet working on liquid fueal have 530 thrust and 1 plasma thruster running on quantum vaccum give 30 so i need 18 plasmas to get 1 turbojet.

my hope for more efficiency i swich LF to some other fuel or use vista + 2 small thermal turbojets . vista engine need more LF but gives more thrust.

@ Nansuchao , Profit, okder

Guys i appreciate the theory but im not that scientific and in my experience in my spaceplane powered with 1 2,5m antimatter reactor with weight of 98t , theremal turbojet working on liquid fueal have 530 thrust and 1 plasma thruster running on quantum vaccum give 30 so i need 18 plasmas to get 1 turbojet.

my hope for more efficiency i swich LF to some other fuel or use vista + 2 small thermal turbojets . vista engine need more LF but gives more thrust.

You can improve this setting with a good Microwave System, but that's not the point. The point is that, from orbit, you're able to reach every corner of the Kerbol System also in OPM or with other Star System without worries about the fuel. For the TWR, you need other engines, like the TTJ or in case Vista.

You can improve this setting with a good Microwave System, but that's not the point. The point is that, from orbit, you're able to reach every corner of the Kerbol System also in OPM or with other Star System without worries about the fuel. For the TWR, you need other engines, like the TTJ or in case Vista.

problem is to be able to land and refuel on all bodies not only 1 with atmosphere and blance out the center of mass and do it with compact form of mk3 spaceplane hull thats the challenge i have.

problem is to be able to land and refuel on all bodies not only 1 with atmosphere and balance out the center of mass and do it with compact form of mk3 spaceplane hull thats the challenge i have.

If mass distribution is an issue, I would advice to put most static mass in the front of the plane and use JUMBO reactors in the wings, directly connect them with Turbojet and air intake.

forgot mention(in prev post) another bug: some engines(VASMIR in particular) have very nonlinear and even NOT MONOTONIC thrust curve, especially with hydrogen, especially if microwave power income times more than needed for engine (sometimes that's happens).

Edited by okder

Hey Freethinker, I'm still having some issues using near future technologies mode... All the engines seem to work fine, but the warp drive only goes like .03% light speed, only an antimatter reactor can power a craft without it draining all my gigajoules :-( Is this normal? Any way to turn that mode off without screwing up near future, or do I have to just uninstall the whole lot of near future mods?

Thanks for the help!

Hey Freethinker, I'm still having some issues using near future technologies mode... All the engines seem to work fine, but the warp drive only goes like .03% light speed, only an antimatter reactor can power a craft without it draining all my gigajoules :-( Is this normal? Any way to turn that mode off without screwing up near future, or do I have to just uninstall the whole lot of near future mods?

Thanks for the help!

Good point. The Warp engine appears to be missing a NTF modifier. I will add it next patch

I have a standard Thermal Electric Generator (of type Brayton Cycle Gas Turbine) attached directly to a Gas Core Reactor. However, the generator just shuts down instantly, and claims that there is no reactor available- and cannot be started again. The reactor itself is running just fine. What gives? Here's a pic of the craft in the VAB.

8bfe5df602efa35333029821dd7915fc.png

Gas Core Reactors cannot swap Fuel (the swap button should not be visible). They can only run on uranium. Only the molten salt reactor can run on thorium. Note that an upgraded has the same power output as it use to be in classic KSPI.

The Gas Core Reactor in KSPI-E is a separate reactor, with realistic characteristics.

Edited by FreeThinker

I hadn't pressed the Swap Fuel button (it doesn't even work anyway.) I'm just trying to figure out why the generator isn't recognizing it- the reactor itself is running fine and producing thermal power, but the generator just tells me that there's no reactor available.

Hey everyone! Me again. The dude with the GUI issues. I've done extensive bug testing on two separate platforms and I've still gotten no luck in producing any interactive button on the right click GUI for interstellar parts. I've trying forcing 3d11, opengl, 3d11 and opengl at the same time, KSP on windows, KSP on linux, launching through steam, launching through native, everything. Nothing is working.

Any help provided would be greatly appreciated ;-;.

Hey everyone! Me again. The dude with the GUI issues. I've done extensive bug testing on two separate platforms and I've still gotten no luck in producing any interactive button on the right click GUI for interstellar parts. I've trying forcing 3d11, opengl, 3d11 and opengl at the same time, KSP on windows, KSP on linux, launching through steam, launching through native, everything. Nothing is working.

Any help provided would be greatly appreciated ;-;.

I had this issue when I did not delete the warpplugin folder before updating.

I have a standard Thermal Electric Generator (of type Brayton Cycle Gas Turbine) attached directly to a Gas Core Reactor. However, the generator just shuts down instantly, and claims that there is no reactor available- and cannot be started again. The reactor itself is running just fine. What gives? Here's a pic of the craft in the VAB.

https://i.gyazo.com/8bfe5df602efa35333029821dd7915fc.png

Try flipping your generator over - I found that the generator only worked for me if it was attached to the reactor from the top attachment node.

Try flipping your generator over - I found that the generator only worked for me if it was attached to the reactor from the top attachment node.

Good to know. For some reason it randomly fixed itself when I swapped fuels, even though that shouldn't have done anything since that kind of reactor shouldn't be able to swap fuels. Whatever. I'm not complaining if it's working.

I'm having the exact same problem as HerrGeneral. Flipping the generator has no effect. I did notice that the problem only seems to effect the Gas Core reactor, and only in career mode. It works fine in sandbox (not sure about science). My assumption is that there is something wrong with the upgrade mechanic as I don't yet have access to the entire tech tree in my campaign (I'm using the community tech tree and I've only unlocked up to High Efficiency Nuclear Power). Alternatively, my highly modded KSP may be to blame. Thanks in advance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.