KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

I been having a great time using KSPI in the last couple weeks but ran out of goals in the Kerbol system, so I added Kopernicus and IA Revived.

As soon as I arrive into orbit of any of the added stars the game slows down almost to a halt. The log is getting spammed with:

[ORS] Loading atmospheric data from pack: KSPI_AtmosphericPack

As far as I understand this is because no resource configuration is found for the new suns and planets (which I kinda expected)

Is there a way to disable the KSPI resources completely so we can explore non stock bodies with KSPI?

It would be a nice when if it failed loading the resource data it could fail more gracefully and just not put any resources or a predefined amount to the unknown celestial bodies.

Not complaining though, just looking for a quick fix so I can reach for the stars :)

Edit: Forgot to mention, running KSP 1.2.1 with latest KSPI

Edited by storm2k5

41 minutes ago, storm2k5 said:

I been having a great time using KSPI in the last couple weeks but ran out of goals in the Kerbol system, so I added Kopernicus and IA Revived.

As soon as I arrive into orbit of any of the added stars the game slows down almost to a halt. The log is getting spammed with:

[ORS] Loading atmospheric data from pack: KSPI_AtmosphericPack

As far as I understand this is because no resource configuration is found for the new suns and planets (which I kinda expected)

Is there a way to disable the KSPI resources completely so we can explore non stock bodies with KSPI?

It would be a nice when if it failed loading the resource data it could fail more gracefully and just not put any resources or a predefined amount to the unknown celestial bodies.

Not complaining though, just looking for a quick fix so I can reach for the stars :)

Edit: Forgot to mention, running KSP 1.2.1 with latest KSPI

Currently there is no way to disable it, but what you could do is figure out the name of the planet you are trying to orbit and create resource definition for it in atmosphericresourcedefinitions.cfg

Edited by FreeThinker

Currently there is no way to disable it, but what you could do is figure out the name of the planet you are trying to orbit and create resource definition for it in atmosphericresourcedefinitions.cfg

I actually tried to do this but it didn't work, will try again.

1 minute ago, Nansuchao said:

I had the same issue when 1.2.1 was just released, it always get stuck at TweakableAntimatterReactor.

After some days and a check of the local files, now it load properly... KSP is a mistery, many many times...

Yes, that's the same place it gets stuck for me as well.

5 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

What did you do?

Well, first I pulled all the folders from KSP-IE out of GameData and made sure the game would load with all my other mods - which it did.

Then, one by one, I placed the folders from KSP-IE back into GameData and repeated launching the game at each step to try to isolate where the problem was.

Finally, I placed the WarpPlugin folder into GameData - I had saved that for last. This time it loaded and ran the game rather than getting hung up on the TweakableAntimatterReactor.

Also, for the TweakScale mod I made sure I had the latest version 2.3.2. The same for Interstellar Fuel Switch. I brought both of those in separately, not using the versions that are shipped in KSPI-E 1.10.12 since AFAIK that bundle hasn't been updated for 1.2.1, but I believe both of those mods have been.

Oh, I also didn't include Persistent Rotation as I don't believe that mod is compatible with MechJeb and is just not worth the trouble it causes (just my personal opinion YMMV).

I'm not really sure why this incremental approach made a difference, but I do know that when adding WarpPlugin the number of MM patches my game uses more than doubles and is very nearly 6K. Maybe something was going on there and letting it build up to it enabled things to be cached? I really have no idea and am just guessing.

HTH

Hello. Some versions of KSP-I (and KSP too) ago I built two crafts which I tested thoroughly and then launched and shipped to their destinations. Now, after 3 - 4 months of absence from KSP (I was busy and hadn't much time to play), I tried to fly those crafts and found them way under-powered as far as I can remember. The two engines I attached are Solid Core Nuclear Reactor in one and Direct Cycle Nucler Turbojet in the other.

Is it only my memory failing or has some change happened in the mod that resulted in decreased IPS or/and TWR?

4 minutes ago, LastStarDust said:

Hello. Some versions of KSP-I (and KSP too) ago I built two crafts which I tested thoroughly and then launched and shipped to their destinations. Now, after 3 - 4 months of absence from KSP (I was busy and hadn't much time to play), I tried to fly those crafts and found them way under-powered as far as I can remember. The two engines I attached are Solid Core Nuclear Reactor in one and Direct Cycle Nucler Turbojet in the other.

Is it only my memory failing or has some change happened in the mod that resulted in decreased IPS or/and TWR?

Yes there has been for quite some time. The Solid Core Nuclear Reactor is now limited to 3 generations (it was 5). simply put they were overpowered. There are however replacements, like the Particle bed reactor which has 5th gen (TIMBERWIND) performance you are were expecting.

Edited by FreeThinker

1 minute ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes there has been for quite some time. The Solid Core Nuclear Reactor is now limited to 3 generation (it was 5). simply put they were overpowered. There are however replacements, like the Particle bed reactor which has the 5th gen performance you are were expecting.

Thanks for the very quick answer. Good to know.

Hey I seem to be having problems with the warp drives....I get it to charge fine...but on activation it instantly depletes all exotic matter and starts to charge again.....does the same with the stand alone warp drive so it may not be specific to this mod...I am just gunna try on fresh install with nothing but this in and see if the same happens...but has anyone else experienced this?

Edit...nope same problem with only interstellar installed....do I need to roll back to the last version of KSP because I still get all the messages of incompatibility when I start.....even on the fuel switch, that was updated a matter of hours ago and still tells me is incompatible with my latest version of KSP

Edit 2....okay so back to 1.2 and it works now :-)

Edited by beta546

Hey I seem to be having problems with the warp drives....I get it to charge fine...but on activation it instantly depletes all exotic matter and starts to charge again.....does the same with the stand alone warp drive so it may not be specific to this mod...I am just gunna try on fresh install with nothing but this in and see if the same happens...but has anyone else experienced this?

I've used the warpdrives in 1.2.1 and they were working fine for me.

I remember that a couple versions ago some parts were changed and when opening the ship in VAB it told me to change those parts. Maybe you could have a look in your save file, chances are that your two ships actually used different parts that are named the same and have the same model.

Edit: Oh I think I misunderstood, you load the same ship with 1.2 and 1.2.1 and in 1.2 it works.

Edited by storm2k5

I am just throwing together a quick ship each time, pod, reactor, thermal electric gen, radiators and the drive...so am not loading any saved ship in either...and yeah...drive charges in both version...but activating only works in 1.2.......and 1.2.1 on activation it just stops after a millisecond and tells me not enough MW power...weird

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.