KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

That generally indicates something about the part isn't loading correctly. If you can post your KSP.log after a session when it happens, I could probably figure out what's wrong.

Another option is this mod. I've heard it still works on 0.90, but no promises, and it's kind of a Band-Aid anyway.

Not sure it this Mod is a sollution

Depends - stuff in the wrong place, old stuff in the right place, people using mods that 'work' but are not set up for the current KSP version, people ignoring warnings, people 'fixing' things, etc.

You are getting this because a part module is not loading. A part module is not loading because something is wrong with your installation (see points above). When people use this 'mod' it causes me headaches because it makes it harder for me to uncover the truth.

This 'mod' is a bad idea.

Somehow people are not installing their mods or KSPI correctly. Soon I will upload a full version, hopefully that will solve part of the problem

I have a problem with the Antimatter-Reacktor at 100000x time lapse it burning the antimatter really fast. The Megawatt buffer is overfull afterwards, so i´m fine power wise. Thermal Noozle is a other matter.

Edited by EnigmaG

[h=2]Version 0.9.1 for Kerbal Space Program 0.90[/h] Released on 2015-04-19

• Replaced LiquidFuel/Oxidiser by LqdHydrogen/LqdOxygen in for Interstellat Engines, ISRU and Atmospheric Scoop
  • Added Interstellar NoseCone

- - - Updated - - -

I have a problem with the Antimatter-Reacktor at 1000x time lapse it burning the antimatter really fast. The Megawatt buffer is overfull afterwards, so i´m fine power wise. Thermal Noozle is a other matter.

Notice it is usually recommended to have a secondary power source along side the antimatter reactor that doesn't require Antmatter. Although they can provide insane amount of power (especialy with the direct conversion) they are really not know for long endurance

Sorry wrong number (100000x), and the problem is´t the low endurance of antimatter, it is the increase of the Megawatt buffer to insane level. A secondary power source along side only make the Megawatt buffer do´t hold the overflowing power by reducing of the time lapse.

Sorry wrong number (100000x), and the problem is´t the low endurance of antimatter, it is the increase of the Megawatt buffer to insane level. A secondary power source along side only make the Megawatt buffer do´t hold the overflowing power by reducing of the time lapse.

What is your power setup (reactors, radiators, generators), and how much power are you actually using?

Edited by FreeThinker

KSP I E 0.9.0

Test setting 8 parts:

2.5 MK2 Lander can

2.5 Large Electruc Ganeratot KTEC Solid or direct make no difference

2.5 AM Reactot

4X Huge Heat Radiator Graphen

2.5 AM Stor

100kw for 2.5 AM Stor

DC Elec SYS 0kw on 1x;1000x;10000x, 114kw on 5-100x and 57kw on 100000x time lapse

PS: 0.9.1 get stuck at part loading or after (only step 1-5 new installed)

Edited by EnigmaG

Hey,

I updated to the latest KSPI extended (by removing the WarpPlugin Folder and reinstalling), but it does not want ot load. It seems to lack the definitions of the LqdHydrogen and LqdOxygen and so on, so it stops at components where those are needed now.

As far as I know, the latest released CommunityResourcePack from RoverDude only defines LiquidHydrogen, but not LqdHydrogen and so on.

Hey,

I updated to the latest KSPI extended (by removing the WarpPlugin Folder and reinstalling), but it does not want ot load. It seems to lack the definitions of the LqdHydrogen and LqdOxygen and so on, so it stops at components where those are needed now.

As far as I know, the latest released CommunityResourcePack from RoverDude only defines LiquidHydrogen, but not LqdHydrogen and so on.

LiquidHydrogen is obsolete, it's going to be replaced by LqdHydrogen. (for CRP 2.0). Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I will update shortly

Edited by FreeThinker

was looking at upgradeing and looked at your ors resouce pack file for the atmosphericresourcedefinitions.cfg and they all missing the resouce name part in them. should i stay iwth the ors file i have as it is same but has the resouce names resourceName = Nitrogen for exameple

Version 0.9.2 for Kerbal Space Program 0.90

Released on 2015-04-20

• Fixed missing resource definitions (LqdHydrogen)
  • Fixed stability Megawatt production at high time warp
  • Fixed Upgraded RadiatorArea for NTF/SETI mode (by ImAHungryMan)

- - - Updated - - -

was looking at upgradeing and looked at your ors resouce pack file for the atmosphericresourcedefinitions.cfg and they all missing the resouce name part in them. should i stay iwth the ors file i have as it is same but has the resouce names resourceName = Nitrogen for exameple

They are beeing updated by a MM script right now, but It is going to be replaced by CRP 2.0 very soon

Edited by FreeThinker

Thank you FreeThinker. It runs fine now, the AM Reactot, too. Great work.

Yes, I'm quite pleased with the result to. It not only works much better but with much less code than before.

Edited by FreeThinker

So we have 2 different resources that are Liquid Hydrogen now? All of Roverdude's stuff uses LiquidHydrogen.

Yes but after KSP 1.0 Roverdude is going to use LqdHydrogen as well. All mods which support CRP will be (including Near Future Technology). Finally we will have one Liquid Hydrogen resource which can be shared by all KSP Mods. Anothing big thing is that all resources (except Stock resources) will use the 1unit = 1L standard. This is a major Breakthrough in the history of KSP Mods which will make combining mods much easier!

Edited by FreeThinker

Yes but this isn't the 1.0 release of KSPi, let's wait till 1.0 to switch to LqdHydrogen. 1.0 is going to break mods and saves anyway.

KSP 1.0 is expected to be released in a few days. I have waited quite some time for this to happen, but the sooner the switch, the better. It's unfortunate some people will get hurt, but it's unavoidable because most Mods will break after KSP 1.0 anyway.

Edited by FreeThinker

KSP 1.0 is expected to be released in a few days. I have waited quite some time for this to happen, but the sooner the switch, the better. It's unfortunate some people will get hurt, but it's unavoidable because most Mods will break after KSP 1.0 anyway.

Exactly, this version of KSPi won't work on 1.0, so why break things in the name of compatibility with a post-1.0 change in CRP?

Exactly, this version of KSPi won't work on 1.0, so why break things in the name of compatibility with a post-1.0 change in CRP?

Well Liquid Hydrogen is still usefull as a propellant in Thermal Thrusters or Electric Thrusters. So you can still Launch a rocket with your Favorite Liquid Hydrogen tanks and use KSPI engines.

Edited by FreeThinker

Sorry my english is not the best, i meant if you size the Engine up (Tweakscale) the max thrust stays the same. So the sizing up is contra productive

I see now, I haven't actualy gotten arround to make the engine Tweakscale compatible. Boris already added the tweakscale module even before I started integrating KSPI with tweakscale. It shouldn't be so hard to fix it.

Edit: I wonder how the thrust should scale. Should it scale with surface area(2) or density (3)? I think will go with density for thrust while power requirements scales with surface area, that way, smaller version will become harder while bigger version would become easier. I will make smallers version 2.5m and larger version 5m would become available at a higher tech nodes.

Edited by FreeThinker

Can we get a 100% Deuterium tank setup for the cryostat? Since tritium is breedable from lithium and Deuterium is only available from oceans I need more Deuterium storage than He3 or Tritium

Edited by Thorbane

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.