KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

1 hour ago, SpaceMouse said:

Admittedly, its mostly based on diagrams on something like a modern gas-core reactor although changing it into something like a pebble-bed reactor looks simple enough. I didn't see alot of difference in basic layouts except perhaps reactor core shape.

A gas core model, intresting, if you added a magnetic field, like in the tokamak configuration, we might turn it into something usefull, as the the magnetic field could be used to prevent the gas from melting the walls. It would be in some regard similar to Fusion reactor, which needs power to operate. THis reactor would need maintenance power as well, but if you would cut power, the reaction would not instantly stop but it would start to melt the reactor.  It main advantage would be higher Isp, and initialy ralatively more powerfull than fusion

Edited by FreeThinker

Dear KSPI-E team,

first off I want to let you know that your KSPI-E is what got me into another round of KSP. Thanks a lot!

Secondly I would like to let you know I have the same issue mentioned before in this thread, KSPI_CTT.cfg giving an error during load. Maybe it is because I use module manager 2.7.2 in stead of 2.7.1 that you supply in the download? KSPI_CTT.cfg is present in the required location. I know you said it is not important, but it is annoying, since I spend a lot of time with mod management.

Thirdly two things I do not know if they are as intended in the tech tree: Experimental Rocketry shows up as a double node and Cutting-Edge solar technology is empty, no content.

Thanks, 

Dr. Scarlett

3 hours ago, DrScarlett said:

Secondly I would like to let you know I have the same issue mentioned before in this thread, KSPI_CTT.cfg giving an error during load. Maybe it is because I use module manager 2.7.2 in stead of 2.7.1 that you supply in the download? KSPI_CTT.cfg is present in the required location. I know you said it is not important, but it is annoying, since I spend a lot of time with mod management.

Found the problem, it was some comment that suddenly became a problem, the message bark was worse than it's bite. the little annoyance will be fixed next version

Experimental Rocketry shows up as a double node 

Weird, I don't see this at all, when do you see the double?

Cutting-Edge solar technology is empty, no content.

confirmed, I will remove it for now

Edited by FreeThinker

Version 1.10.11 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2

Released on 2016-10-18

• Added Pivoted UV Light Mirror, allow relaying beamed power in UV Visible Light spectrum
  • Fixed error message Module Manager caused by KSPI_CTT.cfg
  • Fixed negative Cost Hex-cans
  • Updated Filter Extension to 2.7.4 which fixes missing KSPI part categories
  • Lowered Cost Uranium Nitride
Edited by FreeThinker

Hi Free Thinker, thanks for the follow up, much obliged!

3 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Weird, I don't see this at all, when do you see the double?

This is what i see, both nodes have the same content, but different icons and the second one has flavor text 'Don't take "experimental" lightly':

Doubel%20Node.png

I don't worry too much but it could be an indication something is wrong with my mod setup, especially around KSPI_E that comes bundled with a bunch of other mods, some if which I have managed by CKAN or have newer versions than you bundled.

If you have time to look, that would be great, otherwise no biggie.

Excel overview of my mod setup. Third tab "After 1.2 Cleanse"

Dr. Scarlet

Edited by DrScarlett

10 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Technically, if you would set index on -1, it should try to match any exisitng resources with a tank defenition, but no assurance . . . . 

Went with this, seemed to work as advertised.

Many Thanks

7 hours ago, DrScarlett said:

Hi Free Thinker, thanks for the follow up, much obliged!

This is what i see, both nodes have the same content, but different icons and the second one has flavor text 'Don't take "experimental" lightly':

Doubel%20Node.png

I don't worry too much but it could be an indication something is wrong with my mod setup, especially around KSPI_E that comes bundled with a bunch of other mods, some if which I have managed by CKAN or have newer versions than you bundled.

If you have time to look, that would be great, otherwise no biggie.

Excel overview of my mod setup. Third tab "After 1.2 Cleanse"

Dr. Scarlet

I suspect another mod is adding the rocket node as well, most likely another rocket parts mod (like KW Rocketry Redux). I suggest you do a string search for "experimental rocketry"

Edited by FreeThinker

9 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

I suspect another mod is adding the rocket node as well, most likely another rocket parts mod (like KW Rocketry Redux). I suggest you do a string search for "experimental rocketry"

Did that. Only other mod that uses this node is SpaceY heavy lifters - don't use that. KW seemed to have used it in the past (found a reference around may 2015) but I cannot see anything in the mod files now that seems to suggest anything going on with the tech tree (like a CTT file). I wil ask Linuxgurugamer in the forum. Also there is a new version, 3.0.21, but it is not in CKAN yet and I don't want to constantly manually update mods.

The only other techtree references in my game I could find are the game's vanilla techtree (Techtree.cfg) and the module manager techtree. Looking in the vanilla game config I cannot find experimental rocketry. I replaced the module manager (together with KSPI_E, KW Rocketry and TAC LS, which has a disabled CTT file) but that didn't do anything. Still two nodes. Weird.

Finally I ready somewhere that in the past people had problems with some "experimental" node when running science sandbox, which is what I a doing. Seems a long shot, but hey...

btw, the node in my image with the long flavor text - is that your KSPI_node? It has a dependency with the previous fuel system node, and the same icon as 'very heavy rocketry'. The other node, the second one with the short text, does not have this dependency and has its own icon that looks like a rocket with an explosion behind it.

EDIT:

I definitely have both nodes in the module manager techtree:

RDNode
    {
        id = experimentalRocketry
        title = Experimental Rocketry
        description = The closer the top of your rocket is to the stars on the launchpad, the easier it is to reach them. Well, that's the theory.
        cost = 1000
        hideEmpty = False
        nodeName = node8_experimentalRocketry
        anyToUnlock = False
        icon = RDicon_rocketry-veryHeavy
        pos = -952,1635,-1
        scale = 0.6
        Parent
        {
            parentID = veryHeavyRocketry
            lineFrom = RIGHT
            lineTo = LEFT
        }
        Parent
        {
            parentID = highPerformanceFuelSystems
            lineFrom = RIGHT
            lineTo = LEFT
        }
    }
        RDNode
    {
        id = experimentalRocketry
        title = Experimental Rocketry
        description = Don't take "experimental" lightly.
        cost = 1000
        hideEmpty = False
        nodeName = ct_experimentalRocketry
        anyToUnlock = True
        icon = RDicon_rocketry-experimental
        pos = -927,1635,-1
        scale = 0.6
        Parent
        {
            parentID = veryHeavyRocketry
            lineFrom = RIGHT
            lineTo = LEFT
        }
    }

Meanwhile, with the last update of KSPI_E, 1.10.11, both the other little issues are gone.

Thanks, you rock!

EDIT: Linuxgurugamer confirms: no tech tree shenanigans or rocketry node adding in KW Rocketry. Where the heck does this node come from??

Edited by DrScarlett

There is small issue with beam fusion reactor (this one with integrated charged particles generator): It doesn't have hydrogen gasifier with it, and there are no parts to change liquid/gas state of substances.

I'm using latest mod version.

27 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

There is small issue with beam fusion reactor (this one with integrated charged particles generator): It doesn't have hydrogen gasifier with it, and there are no parts to change liquid/gas state of substances.

I'm using latest mod version.

Note you can also use the Universal storage Univeral Gasifier or Liquidfier for all you liquification or gasification needs. You only need to install:

I want to share some pictures of the new parts for the Beamed Power Networks. The Gyrotron, Diode Laser Array and Free Electron laser no longer need the dummy-parts. Some of the new models have very different dimensions then the Dummy-model. The textures are still very WIP but models, UV-maps, collider and attach nodes should now be consistent in future updates.

Vo5C0Ee.jpg

Xo8TMa9.jpg

1 hour ago, Nansuchao said:

Do you have B9 Aerospace installed? Or you had? That mod had this issue with CTT

Yes, I used to have that. But I always only installed the Community Resource pack, never the tech tree.

Also Linuxgurugamer from KW tells me he thinks it is caused by me using the CTT, but I don't have it in gamedata and cannot see evidence in the log.

I know KSPI_E has dependencies on the Community resource pack, and from the log it seems also that some WarpPlugin stuff is failing to load because the CTT is not found (those are the only references to CommuityTechTree i can find in the log).

If this double node is caused by CTT, why can I not find CTT?

57 minutes ago, DrScarlett said:

Yes, I used to have that. But I always only installed the Community Resource pack, never the tech tree.

Also Linuxgurugamer from KW tells me he thinks it is caused by me using the CTT, but I don't have it in gamedata and cannot see evidence in the log.

I know KSPI_E has dependencies on the Community resource pack, and from the log it seems also that some WarpPlugin stuff is failing to load because the CTT is not found (those are the only references to CommuityTechTree i can find in the log).

If this double node is caused by CTT, why can I not find CTT?

CTT is in a .cfg inside the WarpPlugin.

B9 has his nodes on the CTT and that was the reason of this issue. I suggest you to talk to Blowfish about this.

Ahh so KSPI_CTT.cfg IS the community tech tree, but only it is bundled by KSPI. Correct?

So do I understand there is a legacy node thingy from B9 and I am to ask Blowfish to straighten it out? Who is he, the owner of CTT?

That would make sense, if only I would see more people reporting this. The dev's are implying they have not seen this or cannot reproduce this... it still feels strange...

Just now, DrScarlett said:

Ahh so KSPI_CTT.cfg IS the community tech tree, but only it is bundled by KSPI. Correct?

So do I understand there is a legacy node thingy from B9 and I am to ask Blowfish to straighten it out? Who is he, the owner of CTT?

That would make sense, if only I would see more people reporting this. The dev's are implying they have not seen this or cannot reproduce this... it still feels strange...

No, he's the maintainer of B9 Aerospace. I would report the same issue when B9 is updated for KSP 1.2. However, I had this issue from a long time (1.0.5 maybe) and I'm sure it's B9. In his CTT config it uses the same node but with a different name.

@FreeThinker

I just finished helping @DrScarlett troubleshoot his problem with multiple Experimental Rocketry tech nodes.  

It appears that you have included a number of nodes from the Community Tech Tree in part of your mod (WarpPlugin), which included the CTT experimentalrocketry node.  KWRocketry, which I maintain, also has an experimentalrocketry node, but it properly checks for the CTT node first before creating it.  

My feeling is that by including the CTT code in your mod, you are creating a condition which can break installs.  In this particular case, I was able to add a check to KW to not create the node if WarpPlugin existed.  But I shouldn't have had to do that at all if you had simply made CTT a requirement of your mod, rather than including in a large number of nodes.  Which, by the way, are changing in the next release of CTT

Just going by a line count, you are including almost 70% of CTT. Why not just go with the whole thing and make your mod easier to maintain?

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@FreeThinker

I just finished helping @DrScarlett troubleshoot his problem with multiple Experimental Rocketry tech nodes.  

It appears that you have included a number of nodes from the Community Tech Tree in part of your mod (WarpPlugin), which included the CTT experimentalrocketry node.  KWRocketry, which I maintain, also has an experimentalrocketry node, but it properly checks for the CTT node first before creating it.  

My feeling is that by including the CTT code in your mod, you are creating a condition which can break installs.  In this particular case, I was able to add a check to KW to not create the node if WarpPlugin existed.  But I shouldn't have had to do that at all if you had simply made CTT a requirement of your mod, rather than including in a large number of nodes.  Which, by the way, are changing in the next release of CTT

Just going by a line count, you are including almost 70% of CTT. Why not just go with the whole thing and make your mod easier to maintain?

All true and I agree it would be better if I ditched the internal copy of CTT and instead relay on CTT,  (which with future release 2.0 becomes more than a bunch of config files) . What makes this possible are the new stock upgrade placeholder system (which make upgrade tech nodes visible) and  

which solves the problem of empty tech nodes, which was technically the main motivation to have CTT integrated in KSPI in the first place.

Especialy the combination of Stock Upgrade technodes placeholders  with @ev0 utility that hides empty technodes, are the game changers, that enables me to do it.

Edited by FreeThinker

@ZTeeVeRyea it feels like KSPie leaking someway(more probably at each load scene), so when it's leaks much enough garbage collector slowdowns a game, but power balancing bug is more significant (no option to reserve) as i think.

Edited by okder

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.