KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

I don't think you need to modify the ore.cfg - you just need a cfg file with the resource nodes you want to add anywhere inside Gamedata. the Community Resource Pack has a bunch of its own already.

for example for carbon dioxide CRP has:

PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
ResourceName = CarbonDioxide
ResourceType = 2
PlanetName = Eve

Distribution
{
PresenceChance = 100
MinAbundance = 95
MaxAbundance = 97
Variance = 0
}
}

the file also has an explanatory header:

//
// Community Resource Pack
// Resource:
//
//Resource types:
// 0 = Crustal (Stuff you dig up)
// 1 = Oceanic (Stuff in the oceans)
// 2 = Atmospheric (Stuff in the air, varies with pressure)
// 3 = Interplanetary (Stuff you find between planets)
//
//Express all numbers as percentages 0.0-100.0, not 0.0-1.0!
//

if you want to modify an existing planetary config you would have to do something like:

@PLANETARY_RESOURCE
[*]:HAS[@ResourceName[<name of resource i.e. Nitrogen>],@PlanetName[<name of planet>]]
{
//modify stuff here
}

keep in mind that you can define a global resource node- then that will be the default for all bodies that do not have a specific config

for example:

GLOBAL_RESOURCE
{
ResourceName = Karbonite
ResourceType = 0

Distribution
{
PresenceChance = 70
MinAbundance = .001
MaxAbundance = 10
Variance = 50
}
}

Thanks. With this and the explanation I got on the Add-on development thread, I'm good to go!

There are atmospheric scoops - you can fly your plasma engine aircraft like it was running on thermal atmospheric engine, although thrust would be smaller.

Im really looking for ways to mine liquid hydrogen on planets for the vista engine. Much like how the stock drill and ISRU can produce stock liquid fuel. There is currently no way to refuel the interstellar tanks with liquid hydrogen. Any plans for this?

Im really looking for ways to mine liquid hydrogen on planets for the vista engine. Much like how the stock drill and ISRU can produce stock liquid fuel. There is currently no way to refuel the interstellar tanks with liquid hydrogen. Any plans for this?

Send as big SSTO with intakes as you can to Jool - its MADE from hydrogen (80%) and helium. Just be careful when you reenter atmosphere - bring airbrakes.

On other hand hydrogen is so light, that you won't be able to fill a lot of it in tanks.

[h=2]Version 1.1.8 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2[/h] Released on 2015-05-19

• Removed hard Dependance on CTT, when CTT is not installed, KSPI will only define the CTT technodes it requires for KSPI
  • Modified Upgrade technologies of Gas CoeReactor and Dusty Plasma
  • Increased capacity Radial Antimatter containers to 1 gram (instead of 1 miligram) making them useful

Wow, if CTT is a hard dependance, what about Tweakscale? Really, this mod is really dependent on that, I like the compatibility with stockalike mods and also with realism mods, but that thing about Tweakscale that you NEED it actually is one of the worst downsides of this mod. I was really hoping that on version 1.0 this mod would be more independent :(

Wow, if CTT is a hard dependance, what about Tweakscale? Really, this mod is really dependent on that, I like the compatibility with stockalike mods and also with realism mods, but that thing about Tweakscale that you NEED it actually is one of the worst downsides of this mod. I was really hoping that on version 1.0 this mod would be more independent :(

Tweakscale is a necessary component; previous iterations had 3 copies of each model, each sized differently to accommodate for 1.25, 2.5, and 3.75 size parts; this worked for the most part but unnecessarily increased RAM usage as well as made the part list in game even longer. Tweakscale helps bypass that as well as adding additional functionality for even larger reactors, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

[h=2]Version 1.1.8 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2[/h] Released on 2015-05-19

• Removed hard Dependance on CTT, when CTT is not installed, KSPI will only define the CTT technodes it requires for KSPI
  • Modified Upgrade technologies of Gas CoeReactor and Dusty Plasma
  • Increased capacity Radial Antimatter containers to 1 gram (instead of 1 miligram) making them useful

Huzzah! Thank you so much, FreeThinker!

Well technically, Tweakscale is not a hard dependance. What I could do is simply add additional parts which only show when Tweakscale is not installed. The main reason I use Tweakscale is flexability and lower maintenance. If you use the same model in all part version, it should not require any additional RAM. If someone is intrested in adding non tweakscale supprt, the only needed to manualy create additional parts with correctly scaled size, cost , resources and module properties. Basicly they have do the exact same work as Tweakscale does. The problem is that is quite a lot of work and error prone. maintaining is is a nightmare. If I had sccess to a tam that would support me, I would have not trouble implement this. Unfortunate, this is not the realsity therefore, for the moment I only support multiple part sizes by Tweakscale.

FreeThinker, when you have some time, please, take a look at omega reactor. I can't make him to produce any power (other reactors work fine in the same circumstances). It has connected engine and generator, plenty of radiators and batteries, another active gas core reactor+generator onboard. It reports "plasma ratio Nan", max th and cp power 0 kW and produces 0 KW. It can be activated and deactivated through control panel, but with no real effect. Swaping fuel type also has no effect on power production.

Hey freethinker, I've asked a couple times, sorry for being a pest, but any plans on somehow having the ability to mine liquid hydrogen? Like expanding the capability of the stock ISRU to turn ore into it? Otherwise the vista is great for single trips but not refueling and bouncing from place to place.

Hey freethinker, I've asked a couple times, sorry for being a pest, but any plans on somehow having the ability to mine liquid hydrogen? Like expanding the capability of the stock ISRU to turn ore into it? Otherwise the vista is great for single trips but not refueling and bouncing from place to place.

Atmospheric extraction using atmospheric scoops.

I decided I don't want to use this, but I can't really figure out how to remove it since it consists of a ton of stuff that goes into other mods folders instead of its own folder. Is there an uninstall script somewhere I'm missing?

Just caught another kraken in a different situation. When I reverted to VAB, the generator had resized itself to the default and had no tweakscale option to rescale it. Clearly the tweakscale sizing is unstable, causing the part to randomly start clipping, which invokes the kraken. I think I'm going to give up on Interstellar Extended since there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in fixing it.

Atmospheric extraction using atmospheric scoops.

Yes thy should even work in low orbit now

- - - Updated - - -

FreeThinker, when you have some time, please, take a look at omega reactor. I can't make him to produce any power (other reactors work fine in the same circumstances). It has connected engine and generator, plenty of radiators and batteries, another active gas core reactor+generator onboard. It reports "plasma ratio Nan", max th and cp power 0 kW and produces 0 KW. It can be activated and deactivated through control panel, but with no real effect. Swaping fuel type also has no effect on power production.

Make sure you have a radiators and another active generator connected by a active reactor. You can use a small molten salt reactor for this. In the future I will add a charge function, that will allow you to start a omega reactor without another external reactors

- - - Updated - - -

In WarpPlugin/Parts/Utility/warpAtmIntake/part.cfg & part2.cfg

I believe

model = Squad/Parts/Utility/ramAirIntake/model

should read

model = Squad/Parts/Aero/ramAirIntake/RampIntake

Thus alleviating

[ERR 15:55:36.782] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'Squad/Parts/Utility/ramAirIntake/model' as model does not exist

[ERR 15:55:36.782] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 15:55:36.782] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 15:55:36.782] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[ERR 15:55:36.783] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'Squad/Parts/Utility/ramAirIntake/model' as model does not exist

[ERR 15:55:36.783] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 15:55:36.783] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 15:55:36.783] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

I think I should take the ramAirIntake out as a regular ramAirIntake does the same thing which is to scoop atmospheric Air

- - - Updated - - -

Just caught another kraken in a different situation. When I reverted to VAB, the generator had resized itself to the default and had no tweakscale option to rescale it. Clearly the tweakscale sizing is unstable, causing the part to randomly start clipping, which invokes the kraken. I think I'm going to give up on Interstellar Extended since there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in fixing it.

Intresting, you should report this ussie in the tweakscale forum, it looks like an old bug that should already be fixed. What version of tweakscale are used

Edited by FreeThinker

For the sake of compatibility I plead you to revert 'LqdOxygen' resourse back into stock 'oxidizer' as in previous version of KSP-I. :(

I intend to allow stock Oxidiser to be intepreted N2O4 (Dinitrogen tetroxide), but it will need to be kept seperate from LqdOxygen which has higher performance but more difficult to store.

Edited by FreeThinker

It's a tweakscale but that happens more often if your root part is tweakscaled.

And yes, tweakscale was unstable ('broken' honestly) from the very start. And it does not give anything beyond conventional parts of various sizes in my eyes.

It also reduces the number of parts in the parts list by 75%, and gives fine control over the parts you use for each specific craft.

I intend to allow stock Oxidiser to be intepreted N2O4 (Dinitrogen tetroxide), but it will need to be kept seperate from LqdOxygen which has higher performance but more difficult to store.

Hi.

Any news regarding the microwave receivers?

Make sure you have a radiators and another active generator connected by a active reactor. You can use a small molten salt reactor for this. In the future I will add a charge function, that will allow you to start a omega reactor without another external reactors

Sorry, I've forgot to mention that this bug is only with NFTe. Without it - reactor works as intended.

Bx8B1Zy.png?1

Edited by Khalkion

Hi,

Could anyone who is more knowledgeable here tell me what all I should remove to only keep the impact detector and sun heating feature and radiator parts? I'm not really sure what other folders like CommunityResourceTree the thing can work without and how many things are added by the .dlls which I can't really mess with. Is it possible to have the radiators in the electric parts somewhere in career without the custom tree?

It's a small thing but I really enjoy improved seismometers and heat radiation, thank you in advance.

KSPI-E no longer needs CommunityResourceTree, you can remove it if you not using other mods that make use of it's extended technodes, this will fix the forced empty technodes.

If your only intrested in the sun heating, you could remove everything except radiators, impactor, dlls and toolbar plugin

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I've forgot to mention that this bug is only with NFTe. Without it - reactor works as intended.

http://i.imgur.com/Bx8B1Zy.png?1

Intresting effect that it maintenance is only 0.0 KW, should be much higher

Hey FreeThinker,

Quick question: Does antimatter have a value for resell upon landing a full AM container at KSC? I can't seem to find a unit cost for it...

~Steve

Yes it does. Antimatter is part of the Community Resource Pack. Note I currently override the ability to buy it in the VAB but this will change in the future where you are only allowed to buy it with Prestige. (In Sandbox it will be free)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.