KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

Yes it does. Antimatter is part of the Community Resource Pack. Note I currently override the ability to buy it in the VAB but this will change in the future where you are only allowed to buy it with Prestige. (In Sandbox it will be free)

I've never heard of this Prestige thing. Is it reputation?

PS: Microwave receivers...

Intresting effect that it maintenance is only 0.0 KW, should be much higher

Found the problem in WarpPlugin/Patches/USI_NF_Mode.cfg

It had @powerRequirements =*= 0.002 for both fusion reactors, however big one was still operable with this bug, while little one wasn't.

I was wondering how waste heat integrates with the New KSP 1.0.2 heating. I'm having some problems since installing this mod. My solar panels are generating no waste heat (In the old Fractal UK version, they did), but more importantly, heat from regular engines is no longer distributing to nearby parts. I'm playing in career mode and haven't advanced into reactors yet but did unlock the old LV-N atomic rocket motor from stock. Now, when I try to use one, none of the heat transfers to attached parts as in the stock game. The engines just get hotter and hotter (while attached parts stay cool) until they explode. This happens before I can even complete a 500 deltaV burn.

Found the problem in WarpPlugin/Patches/USI_NF_Mode.cfg

It had @powerRequirements =*= 0.002 for both fusion reactors, however big one was still operable with this bug, while little one wasn't.

Good find

- - - Updated - - -

I've never heard of this Prestige thing. Is it reputation?

PS: Microwave receivers...

by prestige I mend reputation. I will look at the microwave receiver durring the weekend. This stuff is quite complex

I do notice that you're HERE, and not answering the question on how to remove the mod without crashing the game or reinstalling everything from scratch. I'm not asking you to change the mod to work the way I want, but I do want to not use it.

I do notice that you're HERE, and not answering the question on how to remove the mod without crashing the game or reinstalling everything from scratch. I'm not asking you to change the mod to work the way I want, but I do want to not use it.

Check your download, or download again

Warpplugin is the main mod,

Interstellarfuelswitch is also part of it,

rest are dependencies you can decide what you want to keep

[h=2]Version 1.1.9 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2[/h] Released on 2015-05-20

• Fixed connection Nodes Microwave parts
  • Fixed NFT/SETI Bug with Small Fusion reactors
  • Gas Core Rectors are now available with Improved Nuclear Power and upgrade with High Energy Nuclear Power
  • Re-Added LiquidFuel/Oxidizer Fuel Mode for Thermal Nozzles
  • Increased Isp LiquidFuel Mode

Version 1.1.9 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2

Released on 2015-05-20

• Fixed connection Nodes Microwave parts
  • Fixed NFT/SETI Bug with Small Fusion reactors
  • Gas Core Rectors are now available with Improved Nuclear Power and upgrade with High Energy Nuclear Power
  • Re-Added LiquidFuel/Oxidizer Fuel Mode for Thermal Nozzles
  • Increased Isp LiquidFuel Mode

Will test.

Can you give me a brief rundown of what you changed?

Anyone care to fill me in a bit on the science items in KSPI?

As I recall, the Magnetometer was only usable once in upper and once in lower space. What about the Mass Spectrometer? Wasn't it only usable once per planet with atmosphere? Has it been changed to do multiple biomes? Landed, Lower, and Upper Atmosphere? I honestly don't recall.

~Steve

EDIT:

Looks like the gas mass spectrometer is good for landed, low flight, high flight... so 3 per planet with atmosphere.

EDIT2:

FreeThinker, Any plans to add science to the Liquid Mass Spectrometer? Then again.. it could only be used on 3 times: Kerbin, Laythe, Eve. Kind of a waste of code.

Edited by NeoAcario

I agree with sticking to the stock heat system. It's pretty good except for the fact they didn't include cooling methods at the same time. Is near future technologies good? I'm considering it. I added the outer planets mods just so that the alcubierre drive would be necessary and not a toy in the end game (I only play career, I like the challenge). I use TAC Life support and there is no way you can bring enough supplies for a trip that takes decades under conventional propulsion.

FreeThinker, Any plans to add science to the Liquid Mass Spectrometer? Then again.. it could only be used on 3 times: Kerbin, Laythe, Eve. Kind of a waste of code.

I will add a significant amount science to them, should be great to use in those new science labs

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with sticking to the stock heat system. It's pretty good except for the fact they didn't include cooling methods at the same time.

The KSP new heat systems feels like the arodymaic model we had in the past which uses oversimplification to model something very complicated. It uses mass as a input parameter where it should have used surface area.

Where is the 1.5m size thermal turbojet? The 1.1.9 download from Kerbalstuff only have the 2.5m size thermal turbojet

EDIT: I realized that I haven't installed TweakScale yet, its my fault

I'm getting a "double free or corruption" error on Linux using 64-bit KSP. I've tried with only KSP.Interstellar (and tweakscale) and no other mods and it continues to happen. Removing the WarpPlugin folder stops the error from occurring.

I'm getting a "double free or corruption" error on Linux using 64-bit KSP. I've tried with only KSP.Interstellar (and tweakscale) and no other mods and it continues to happen. Removing the WarpPlugin folder stops the error from occurring.

Sorry, I can't do anything with that bug. I suggest to try older version and see when the bug starts to occur.

Testing time!

Same set up as last time: HyperEdit, KSPI-E 1.19, Near Future latest builds

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Apparently, I can't deploy the KSPI parts. Also, the extended solar panel doesn't generate WasteHeat, but I believe that's intended NF-compatibility.

Output log: http://www./view/ftfp8vieu0q2bki/output_log.txt

Many weird readings, such as:

[COLOR=#000000](Filename:  Line: 1771)[/COLOR]
The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

(Filename:  Line: 67)

Serialization depth limit exceeded at 'ThermalLink'. There may be an object composition cycle in one or more of your serialized classes.

Both messages are repeated several times.

Output log: http://www./view/ftfp8vieu0q2bki/output_log.txt

Many weird readings, such as:

[COLOR=#000000](Filename:  Line: 1771)[/COLOR]
The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

(Filename:  Line: 67)

Serialization depth limit exceeded at 'ThermalLink'. There may be an object composition cycle in one or more of your serialized classes.

Both messages are repeated several times.

from my understanding these problems are caused by KSP 1.0. No idea what to do about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently, I can't deploy the KSPI parts. Also, the extended solar panel doesn't generate WasteHeat, but I believe that's intended NF-compatibility.

I'm not aware of this.

Hello,

I'm probably missing something but I'm unable to dispose of "Depleted fuels".

In my Dusty Plasma Fission Reactor, I'm using Uranium Nitride.

Once stopped, i can replenish it with Uranium Nitride from an external tank.

but i can't clean the reactor from the depleted fuel created.

I have empty tank of Uranium Nitride to stock it, but I'm not able to clean the reactor whatever i do.

Am I missing something or those Dusty Plasma reactor need to be jetisson once they reach 16 unit of depleted fuels?

When using Thermal Nozzle on full thrust attached to a non-upg. fusion reactor, it consumes all reactor's energy, so it cannot produce 500Mj to sustain fusion. No matter which type of generator attached. Is it a bug or a feature? Because v0.90 was ok.

I will add a significant amount science to them, should be great to use in those new science labs

I'm confused... so you're saying we shouldn't yet use the KSPI science experiments because you're going to increase the science values?

And what's this about the new science labs? Are the KSPI science labs going to increase science output of KSPI or all science experiments?

~Steve

EDIT:

When using Thermal Nozzle on full thrust attached to a non-upg. fusion reactor, it consumes all reactor's energy, so it cannot produce 500Mj to sustain fusion. No matter which type of generator attached. Is it a bug or a feature? Because v0.90 was ok.

The thermal nozzles take the thermal power by design. When using Fusion reactors use a charged particle generator on the opposite side to maintain the fusion reactor. At least, that's what I do.

EDIT2:

Is anyone else having an issue in the VAB with all items disappearing when they choose to revert to the VAB? Exiting and Re-entering fixes the issue. This has just started since the change away from CTT.

Edited by NeoAcario

U make me mad bro...

use a charged particle generator on the opposite side to maintain the fusion reactor.

I explain again,

No matter which type of generator attached
it cannot sustain its own fusion reaction with an engine used same time. It means that the only working config is using separate reactors. One to power engine, one to make electricity. Seems that u don't have such problem, do you?

Just tested new version, some problems that I see:

Nodes of microwave recievers and phased arrays should be node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, -0.04, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0 or by default they are attached inside ship.

You've fixed @powerRequirements =*= 0.002 in USI_NF_Mode.cfg for large fusion reactor, however there is one more same issue for InterstellarInertialConfinementReactor.

And about deployment of microwave recievers and phased arrays... On clean install microwave reciever doesn't play animation upon deployment. Big phased array plays animations in transmitter and relay modes, but not in reciever...

Also I suppose that microwave reciever(dish) has something wrong with its tweakscale module.

Two different phased arrays have the same mass and cost, but obviously they must be different as one is small and another is a big deployable one.

And I faced some weird thing with molten salt and gas core reactors. Reactors tend to disconnect and become intangible (things start to pass through it and it falls through the launchpad and planet). I can't find out is it ksp bug or it is bug of interstellar. Steps to reproduce bug: place one vessel on lauchpad from VAB, place another on runaway from SPH, then switch between them by [ or ]. Or go to the space center without recovery and than back to the vesel. Sometimes gas core reactor just looses all his information and becomes inoperable, but all other times reactor diconnects its top node and falls through lauchpad. However if there is something connected to the bottom of reactor - it will bounce high up. Other reactors don't produce this bug, only molten salt and gas core. I can reproduce it many times in a row with almost 100%, so I can do more testing if it is necessary.

Of course all these things I tested with clean install: just new version of KSPI-E and tweakscale.

And I faced some weird thing with molten salt and gas core reactors. Reactors tend to disconnect and become intangible (things start to pass through it and it falls through the launchpad and planet). I can't find out is it ksp bug or it is bug of interstellar. Steps to reproduce bug: place one vessel on lauchpad from VAB, place another on runaway from SPH, then switch between them by [ or ]. Or go to the space center without recovery and than back to the vesel. Sometimes gas core reactor just looses all his information and becomes inoperable, but all other times reactor diconnects its top node and falls through lauchpad. However if there is something connected to the bottom of reactor - it will bounce high up. Other reactors don't produce this bug, only molten salt and gas core. I can reproduce it many times in a row with almost 100%, so I can do more testing if it is necessary.

Of course all these things I tested with clean install: just new version of KSPI-E and tweakscale.

I've also been experiencing this bug on my game. Any time I load a new ship with molten salt or gas core reactors on board, they load fine the first time, but if I revert to launch or switch controls to the ship, the reactor flies off. The bug is expressing itself in a weirder way. I'm in the process of building a station above Duna using the USI Kolonization mod, and when I switch to it, the reactor/generator fly off, but oddly enough remain part of the ship, providing power and moving my camera view as they fly away. Happens %100 of the time in my current game, so can't get much done. :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.