KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

Happy New Year =)

6 hours ago, teej9 said:

May be a silly question, but how does one upgrade the reactors? I am trying to get a working thermal rocket but can never achieve more than .014 thrust at SL.

And to ring in the new year.... You need propellant, a reactor attached to the thermal rocket.  If you use CarbonDioxide you should be getting about a KNewton per 2 megawatts if I remember right. 

On 12/30/2015 at 4:38 PM, ss8913 said:

If you use ABZB's integration mod, then the adapters can be switched to use interstellar fuels.

well, the fixed cfg would either swap the 7 for the 8 between the files, or make the Advanced version of the part have a value of 6 instead of 7 in the non-Advanced.  By "looks weird" I mean that the 2 reactors that I had to modify now look like the reactor that I pulled the model from, so there's no visual difference between them (since they use the same model).  It does make them functional, however.

im sorry, i dont think i understand. i meant the models for the reactors, the small config part to let me use the working model as the model for the 2 other reactors.

13 hours ago, Profit- said:

Happy New Year =)

And to ring in the new year.... You need propellant, a reactor attached to the thermal rocket.  If you use CarbonDioxide you should be getting about a KNewton per 2 megawatts if I remember right. 

Thanks, I have it setup, with a Gas Core reactor, thermal nozzle, running ammonia. In the VAB it is showing a TWR of 2.34, but when I launch I am just getting no thrust. Thermals are all in the green on the thermal helper. I was more asking about when you right click a reactor and it shows the upgraded stats, how are those upgrades achieved?

1 hour ago, teej9 said:

Thanks, I have it setup, with a Gas Core reactor, thermal nozzle, running ammonia. In the VAB it is showing a TWR of 2.34, but when I launch I am just getting no thrust. Thermals are all in the green on the thermal helper. I was more asking about when you right click a reactor and it shows the upgraded stats, how are those upgrades achieved?

Gas core reactors suffer from buoyancy effects. anything above a .1G  of acceleration (including the 1G from kerbin) causes problems with their functionality.   Try dumbo's or something like that. 

The upgrades are achieved by technology.  Read the first post for the exact tech. 

16 hours ago, 123nick said:

im sorry, i dont think i understand. i meant the models for the reactors, the small config part to let me use the working model as the model for the 2 other reactors.

oh, ok... yeah you need to just copy the model section and attachment points from the largeparticlebed.cfg into the other 2 .cfg files, and comment out (or remove) the original lines. kind of like this (this is a fragment of the cfg from the dumbo reactor, with the model swapped out, showing the commented lines and what I replaced them with):

//MODEL
//{
//    model = WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/PFissionReactor/model2
//    scale = 1,1,1
//}
//rescaleFactor = 1

//node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.822, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
//node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.822, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

MODEL
{
    model = WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/PFissionReactor/model3
    scale = 0.9,0.9,0.9
}
rescaleFactor = 2.4

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.813, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.788, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

9 hours ago, ss8913 said:

oh, ok... yeah you need to just copy the model section and attachment points from the largeparticlebed.cfg into the other 2 .cfg files, and comment out (or remove) the original lines. kind of like this (this is a fragment of the cfg from the dumbo reactor, with the model swapped out, showing the commented lines and what I replaced them with):

//MODEL
//{
//    model = WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/PFissionReactor/model2
//    scale = 1,1,1
//}
//rescaleFactor = 1

//node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.822, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
//node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.822, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

MODEL
{
    model = WarpPlugin/Parts/Electrical/PFissionReactor/model3
    scale = 0.9,0.9,0.9
}
rescaleFactor = 2.4

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.813, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.788, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

ahh, so replace this over the MODEL text of the other nonworking .cfgs?

On 27/12/2015 at 9:00 PM, BigZ said:

Hey guys i wanted to know if anyone else is having any trouble with this mod for instance, after installing the mod and starting up the game everything is fine you can build your ship but when going to the launch pad the screen acts as if you've already launched and are in space but your ship is not there. The game obviously glitched so i was wondering if anyone had this issue and if so what was the fix to the problem besides the obvious, don't use the mod??

Thanks happy exploring!!!

Since about 6 hours ago, I am too.    Screen goes black when launching a vessel, frame rate drops to 0.2 fps,  only the UI is visible - no 3d rendered ship or background.   Exit to space centre, and all the buildings are gone, planet kerbin too.  All you can see is the milky way skybox rendered at very low fps.   Have to quit game and reload to bring space centre back, going to main menu won't help.

I am using the KSPI Integration pack as suggested by you guys and tweakscale, i'd also installed FAR and B9 procedural wings and spent a couple days perfecting a new aircraft.     Was finally done test flying and tweaking when i got hit by this bug.   

Removed all mods except the ones mentioned above, didn't help,  game is only playable if i take all of those out and render my creation unflyable.

Deleted the game folder and downloaded KSP, added the mods back, so far no black screen , but

1) the procedural wings no longer have fuel tanks in them.   took me ages to get their shape just right with FAR !

2) the thermal turbojet can no longer switch fuels.  It only has intakeatm as a fuel source and..

3) the shock cone/pre cooler no longer seem to replenish that resource.  Engine runs for a couple seconds then quits for lack of air on the runway.

4) the engine now makes a maximum of 30kn on intakeatm, before it was doing at least 180 static thrust and nearly double again at high speed.

5) the mk2 fuselage tanks have switched themselves back from hydrazine to stock lfo.   there is at least a next config button, so i can put them back to hydrazine, not much consolation though 

Can someone post a patch file to replace all the broken models including the Orbital Supercollider please?

Oh and I think I figured out my earlier problem with the Lab + Supercollider:  After upgrading to "Scientific Outposts" I now have a "Collect Data" button on the Science Laboratory.

Edit: Nope, that ain't it.... Supercollider doesn't appear to have any purpose.  Collect data is for Scanning from the lab, not from the supercollider.

Edited by EMPeror
tested collect data.

On 02/01/2016 at 8:31 PM, AeroGav said:

Since about 6 hours ago, I am too.    Screen goes black when launching a vessel, frame rate drops to 0.2 fps,  only the UI is visible - no 3d rendered ship or background.   Exit to space centre, and all the buildings are gone, planet kerbin too.  All you can see is the milky way skybox rendered at very low fps.   Have to quit game and reload to bring space centre back, going to main menu won't help.

I am using the KSPI Integration pack as suggested by you guys and tweakscale, i'd also installed FAR and B9 procedural wings and spent a couple days perfecting a new aircraft.     Was finally done test flying and tweaking when i got hit by this bug.   

Removed all mods except the ones mentioned above, didn't help,  game is only playable if i take all of those out and render my creation unflyable.

Deleted the game folder and downloaded KSP, added the mods back, so far no black screen , but

1) the procedural wings no longer have fuel tanks in them.   took me ages to get their shape just right with FAR !

2) the thermal turbojet can no longer switch fuels.  It only has intakeatm as a fuel source and..

3) the shock cone/pre cooler no longer seem to replenish that resource.  Engine runs for a couple seconds then quits for lack of air on the runway.

4) the engine now makes a maximum of 30kn on intakeatm, before it was doing at least 180 static thrust and nearly double again at high speed.

5) the mk2 fuselage tanks have switched themselves back from hydrazine to stock lfo.   there is at least a next config button, so i can put them back to hydrazine, not much consolation though 

OK, not enough coffee.   Very carefully put stuff back one at a time, solved everything except my procedural wings not holding hydrazine.   Eventually realised my airplane was created with modularfueltanks also installed, once i put this back, got these tanks working as well.    What a scary list of interdependent mods.   The technological equivalent of nitroglycerine.

Man this mod is just a blast, thanks to those that maintain it!

I am having a slight issue with the Dusty Plasma reactor. Whenever I attempt to place it in the VAB my FPS plummets to 1 fps, once the reactor is placed, I cannot select it again and I cannot right click it to see stats/switch fuel etc. If I launch with it, it does nothing at all. Interestingly it also does not highlight at all it I mouse over it in the VAB after it is placed either. All other reactors running fine so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

10 hours ago, teej9 said:

Man this mod is just a blast, thanks to those that maintain it!

I am having a slight issue with the Dusty Plasma reactor. Whenever I attempt to place it in the VAB my FPS plummets to 1 fps, once the reactor is placed, I cannot select it again and I cannot right click it to see stats/switch fuel etc. If I launch with it, it does nothing at all. Interestingly it also does not highlight at all it I mouse over it in the VAB after it is placed either. All other reactors running fine so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The upgrade to 1.05 has some strict limitations on the models, there are a few parts that need to be remade. (KSP is spamming the log with errors and it is slowing things down)   It is in the pipe. 

Edited by Profit-

39 minutes ago, Profit- said:

The upgrade to 1.05 has some strict limitations on the models, there are a few parts that need to be remade. (KSP is spamming the log with errors and it is slowing things down)   It is in the pipe. 

Thanks!

This mod is amazing. One question though.

My reactors, even after researching the upgrade tech and attaching radiators, never come close to producing the kind of power I see in the table on this post (also in the Wiki). For instance, the tables claim that a 3.75 m molten salt fission reactor can generate 3 to 9 GW of thermal power when upgraded.

In my game a 3.75 m Molten Salt Reactor generates 13 MW max. Is this normal? Am I misreading something?

When certain mods are installed (like SETI or  Near Future Technology), it will run in SETI/NFT mode meaning, it will only produce about 0.02% of the real output but engines also require 0.02% of power. This is done to prevent them from beeing totaly overpowered when used in combination with Near Future Engines, otherwise even the smallest primitive reactor would be capable of producing power for more than 100 NFE engines, which is simply broken by any standard.

For your information, KSPI Extended was originaly made to make KSPI "compatible" with Near Future Technology. The main problem is that they operate in completely different world of reference. NFE is based on a gammy KSP fantacy of reality while KSPI is based on hard science fiction/facts. Both world can be valid depending on peoples preference, KSPI-E tries to please both both, which can be confusing

Edited by FreeThinker

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

When certain mods are installed (like SETI or  Near Future Technology), it will run in SETI/NFT mode meaning, it will only produce about 0.02% of the real output but engines also require 0.02% of power. This is done to prevent them from beeing totaly overpowered when used in combination with Near Future Engines, otherwise even the smallest primitive reactor would be capable of producing power for more than 100 NFE engines, which is simply broken by any standard.

For your information, KSPI Extended was originaly made to make KSPI "compatible" with Near Future Technology. The main problem is that they operate in completely different world of reference. NFE is based on a gammy KSP fantacy of reality while KSPI is based on hard science fiction/facts. Both world can be valid depending on peoples preference, KSPI-E tries to please both both, which can be confusing

Thanks for the quick reply! I do have NFT packs installed. Does the output get reduced if you have any of the NFT packs, or only NF-engines or electrical?

Just out of curiosity, are the energy requirement for the orbital super collider and VISTA engines reduced when running in compatibility mode, or will they stay in the GW range? 

Edited by proteasome
na

1 hour ago, TruthQuark said:

Hi.

1) Which models from KSPI encounter the vertex problem? Only the Dusty Plasma reactor?

2) If I wanted to re-use this mod's models for another mod, what steps must I take?

1)So far it seems to be: Dusty Plasma, DUMBO and the Orbital Supercollider.

I'll leave the second question to someone who knows better than me.

HI,

Loving this mod :) However having a little issue with it (not sure if its caused by Interstellar directly).

The issue is when I start the game it will either hang or crash (both log files below), If I delete the module manage cache file it will almost always start the next time fine. The game works perfectly till I exit then try to restart. Ended up creating a batch file to delete the cache each time I launch, but its not 100% affective.

Also sometimes (on the rare occasion it starts a 2nd time before the cache is deleted) it will start up and flash a warning stating that warp plugin has missing parts (or something along that line).

The game is only using 2gig when it crashes btw so assume its not related to running out of mem.

Mods

Spoiler

Adjustable Landing Gear (AdjustableLandingGear v1.2.0)
Advanced Fly-By-Wire (Windows, x86) (AdvancedFlyByWire 1.6.1)
Alternate Resource Panel (AlternateResourcePanel 2.7.4.0)
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - Fork (B9-PWings-Fork 2.1)
BahamutoD Animation Modules (BDAnimationModules v0.6.2)
CapCom - Mission Control On The Go (CapCom 1.4)
Chatterer (Chatterer 0.9.7)
Coherent Contracts (CoherentContracts 1.03)
Collision FX (CollisionFX 3.3a)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 0.4.8.0)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 2.3)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.9.2.1)
Contract Pack: Advanced Progression (ContractConfigurator-AdvancedProgression 4.5.1)
Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor (ContractConfigurator-AnomalySurveyor 1.4.2)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 1:3.1)
Contract Pack: Initial Contracts (ContractConfigurator-InitialContracts 1.0.5)
Contract Pack: RemoteTech (ContractConfigurator-RemoteTech 2.0.1)
Contract Window + (ContractsWindowPlus 5.5)
Crossfeed Enabler (CrossFeedEnabler v3.3)
Crowd Sourced Science (CrowdSourcedScience v3.0.2)
DangIt! (DangIt 0.6.2)
Deadly Reentry Continued (DeadlyReentry v7.3.1)
Distant Object Enhancement (DistantObject v1.6.4)
Distant Object Enhancement default config (DistantObject-default v1.6.4)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.1)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.2)
Dynamic Deflection (DynamicDeflection 1.1.3.1)
Dynamic Texture Loader (DynamicTextureLoader DTL-1.4.5)
EditorExtensionsRedux (EditorExtensionsRedux 3.0.1)
Environmental Visual Enhancements (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 1:EVE-1.05-4)
Environmental Visual Enhancements - Config files (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR 1:EVE-1.05-4)
Ferram Aerospace Research (FerramAerospaceResearch 3:0.15.5.4)
Filter Extensions - Default Configuration (FilterExtensionsDefaultConfig 2.4.1.3)
Filter Extensions - Plugin (FilterExtensions 2.4.1.3)
Filter Extensions - Stock Filter Rework (FilterExtensionsStockRework 2.4.1.3)
Final Frontier (FinalFrontier 0.9.1-1749)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.1.5)
Graphic Memory Monitor (GCMonitor 1.3.0.0)
HeatControl (HeatControl 0.2.1)
Hide Empty Tech Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 0.3)
Interstellar Fuel Switch (InterstellarFuelSwitch 1.18)
Interstellar Fuel Switch Core (InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 1.18)
JebediahKerman42's Procedural Parts Textures a.k.a. FreedomTex (FreedomTex 1.5.1)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.5.0.0)
Kerbal Construction Time (KerbalConstructionTime 1.2.3)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.2.3)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.4)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.1.5.0)
KSP Interstellar Extended (KSPInterstellarExtended 1.6.1)
KW Rocketry (KWRocketry 2.7.0-community)
KW Rocketry - Community Fixes (KWRocketry-CommunityFixes 0.4.3)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.5.5.0)
Menu Stabilizer (MenuStabilizer 1)
Modular Fuel Tanks (ModularFuelTanks 5.6.1)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.1.2.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 2.6.16)
No More Science Grinding (NMSG 1.3)
Part Commander (PartCommander 1.0.3)
PersistentRotation (PersistentRotation 1.0.2)
Pilot Assistant (PilotAssistant 1.12.4)
Portrait Stats (PortraitStats 7.0)
Precise Node (PreciseNode 1.2.1)
Procedural Fairings (ProceduralFairings v3.15)
Procedural Fairings - For Everything! (ProceduralFairings-ForEverything v0.1.1)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v1.1.11)
Procedural Parts - MainSailor's Gamma Textures (GammaTextures v1.11)
Procedural Parts - Saturn / Nova Texture Pack (ProceduralParts-Textures-SaturnNova 1)
QuickBrake (QuickBrake v1.10)
QuickHide (QuickHide v3.03a)
QuickSearch (QuickSearch v1.14)
RCS Build Aid (RCSBuildAid 0.7.6)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v10.4.9)
Real Plume - Stock Configs (RealPlume-StockConfigs v0.8.1)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute 1.3.2.6)
RealHeat (RealHeat v2)
RemoteTech (RemoteTech v1.6.9)
SCANsat (SCANsat v14.5)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.6.10.0)
StageRecovery (StageRecovery 1.6.2)
Stock Bug Fix Modules & StockPlus (StockBugFixPlus v1.0.5a.3)
TAC Life Support (TACLS) (TACLS v0.11.2)
TAC Life Support (TACLS) - stock config (TACLS-Config-Stock v0.11.2)
TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer 2.4.11)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1.7.10)
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.2.6)
Universal Storage (UniversalStorage 1.1.0.8)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.4.4)

Hang https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26687/output_log%20hang.txt

Crash  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26687/output_log%20crash.txt

Not sure what to look for in those logs so no idea if its caused but interstellar but assume its related.

Any ideas?

Edited by Torih

14 hours ago, Torih said:

HI,

Loving this mod :) However having a little issue with it (not sure if its caused by Interstellar directly).

The issue is when I start the game it will either hang or crash (both log files below), If I delete the module manage cache file it will almost always start the next time fine. The game works perfectly till I exit then try to restart. Ended up creating a batch file to delete the cache each time I launch, but its not 100% affective.

Also sometimes (on the rare occasion it starts a 2nd time before the cache is deleted) it will start up and flash a warning stating that warp plugin has missing parts (or something along that line).

The game is only using 2gig when it crashes btw so assume its not related to running out of mem.

Mods

Hide contents

Adjustable Landing Gear (AdjustableLandingGear v1.2.0)
Advanced Fly-By-Wire (Windows, x86) (AdvancedFlyByWire 1.6.1)
Alternate Resource Panel (AlternateResourcePanel 2.7.4.0)
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - Fork (B9-PWings-Fork 2.1)
BahamutoD Animation Modules (BDAnimationModules v0.6.2)
CapCom - Mission Control On The Go (CapCom 1.4)
Chatterer (Chatterer 0.9.7)
Coherent Contracts (CoherentContracts 1.03)
Collision FX (CollisionFX 3.3a)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 0.4.8.0)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 2.3)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.9.2.1)
Contract Pack: Advanced Progression (ContractConfigurator-AdvancedProgression 4.5.1)
Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor (ContractConfigurator-AnomalySurveyor 1.4.2)
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations (ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 1:3.1)
Contract Pack: Initial Contracts (ContractConfigurator-InitialContracts 1.0.5)
Contract Pack: RemoteTech (ContractConfigurator-RemoteTech 2.0.1)
Contract Window + (ContractsWindowPlus 5.5)
Crossfeed Enabler (CrossFeedEnabler v3.3)
Crowd Sourced Science (CrowdSourcedScience v3.0.2)
DangIt! (DangIt 0.6.2)
Deadly Reentry Continued (DeadlyReentry v7.3.1)
Distant Object Enhancement (DistantObject v1.6.4)
Distant Object Enhancement default config (DistantObject-default v1.6.4)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.1)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.2)
Dynamic Deflection (DynamicDeflection 1.1.3.1)
Dynamic Texture Loader (DynamicTextureLoader DTL-1.4.5)
EditorExtensionsRedux (EditorExtensionsRedux 3.0.1)
Environmental Visual Enhancements (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 1:EVE-1.05-4)
Environmental Visual Enhancements - Config files (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR 1:EVE-1.05-4)
Ferram Aerospace Research (FerramAerospaceResearch 3:0.15.5.4)
Filter Extensions - Default Configuration (FilterExtensionsDefaultConfig 2.4.1.3)
Filter Extensions - Plugin (FilterExtensions 2.4.1.3)
Filter Extensions - Stock Filter Rework (FilterExtensionsStockRework 2.4.1.3)
Final Frontier (FinalFrontier 0.9.1-1749)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.1.5)
Graphic Memory Monitor (GCMonitor 1.3.0.0)
HeatControl (HeatControl 0.2.1)
Hide Empty Tech Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 0.3)
Interstellar Fuel Switch (InterstellarFuelSwitch 1.18)
Interstellar Fuel Switch Core (InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 1.18)
JebediahKerman42's Procedural Parts Textures a.k.a. FreedomTex (FreedomTex 1.5.1)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.5.0.0)
Kerbal Construction Time (KerbalConstructionTime 1.2.3)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.2.3)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.4)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.1.5.0)
KSP Interstellar Extended (KSPInterstellarExtended 1.6.1)
KW Rocketry (KWRocketry 2.7.0-community)
KW Rocketry - Community Fixes (KWRocketry-CommunityFixes 0.4.3)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.5.5.0)
Menu Stabilizer (MenuStabilizer 1)
Modular Fuel Tanks (ModularFuelTanks 5.6.1)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.1.2.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 2.6.16)
No More Science Grinding (NMSG 1.3)
Part Commander (PartCommander 1.0.3)
PersistentRotation (PersistentRotation 1.0.2)
Pilot Assistant (PilotAssistant 1.12.4)
Portrait Stats (PortraitStats 7.0)
Precise Node (PreciseNode 1.2.1)
Procedural Fairings (ProceduralFairings v3.15)
Procedural Fairings - For Everything! (ProceduralFairings-ForEverything v0.1.1)
Procedural Parts (ProceduralParts v1.1.11)
Procedural Parts - MainSailor's Gamma Textures (GammaTextures v1.11)
Procedural Parts - Saturn / Nova Texture Pack (ProceduralParts-Textures-SaturnNova 1)
QuickBrake (QuickBrake v1.10)
QuickHide (QuickHide v3.03a)
QuickSearch (QuickSearch v1.14)
RCS Build Aid (RCSBuildAid 0.7.6)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v10.4.9)
Real Plume - Stock Configs (RealPlume-StockConfigs v0.8.1)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute 1.3.2.6)
RealHeat (RealHeat v2)
RemoteTech (RemoteTech v1.6.9)
SCANsat (SCANsat v14.5)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.6.10.0)
StageRecovery (StageRecovery 1.6.2)
Stock Bug Fix Modules & StockPlus (StockBugFixPlus v1.0.5a.3)
TAC Life Support (TACLS) (TACLS v0.11.2)
TAC Life Support (TACLS) - stock config (TACLS-Config-Stock v0.11.2)
TextureReplacer (TextureReplacer 2.4.11)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1.7.10)
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.2.6)
Universal Storage (UniversalStorage 1.1.0.8)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.4.4)

Hang https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26687/output_log%20hang.txt

Crash  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26687/output_log%20crash.txt

Not sure what to look for in those logs so no idea if its caused but interstellar but assume its related.

Any ideas?

I think the issue here is an out of memory issue due to some form of recursion in the game. 

Out of memory occurs for 32 bit apps at the 2GB boundry (they only have access to 31 bits of adress space unless specially made) 

I am not going to say this is a good idea, but it may allow us to test... Try creating a shortcut to KSP and making the shortcut look something like this -> "C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program Interstellar\KSP.exe" -force-d3d11

obviously your KSP install will be "C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program Interstellar\" instead of my path location if I read the logs right, so I changed it for you.   Make sure it matches though because it is hard to read them some days. 

The actual crash though seems to be caused by a recursion,  I am concerned unity does not compensate and it is reloading assets over and over, each time adding a level on them.   I am just seeing if this will free up enough memory for the safeguards to kick in.

Currenty it is crashing on this object. 

-> KWRocketry/Parts/Aero/150mSRBTop/part/KW2mSRBNoseCone

Edited by Profit-

1 hour ago, Torih said:

Thanks for the reply @Profit-, I'm already using that switch for dx11. Anything you need me to try?

I mean you are working with such a heavy mod load... Perhaps try removing KWRocketry since it is the parts it stalls on, but I am thinking that is just where it runs out of memory. 

You are also getting this spammed over and over -> 

Serialization depth limit exceeded at 'Contracts.Agents::AgentMentality'. There may be an object composition cycle in one or more of your serialized classes.

I really do not know what mod that is dealing with.. I am betteing it is one of the science mods, but I really dont know. 

Edited by Profit-

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.