KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

2 hours ago, KronosHelix said:

I'm having the same problem with Wrapper x96 tank, Mod Manager seems to be stuck on it.

Its seems that both wrapper tanks are freezing up Mod Manager.

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

What version of mod manager are you using? I only tested with ModuleManager.2.6.20.dll

I'm having the same Wrapper x96 tank issue as above. Noticed I was using Mod Manager 2.6.21 so I tried the following tests:

KSP x86 w/MM 2.6.21 = Borked
KSP x86 w/MM 2.6.20 = Borked
KSP x64 w/MM 2.6.21 = Borked
KSP x64 w/MM 2.6.20 = Borked

all hanging up on path: WarpPlugin/Parts/FuelTank/WrapperTank/WrapperTank - x96/KspiWrapperTank96

BTW, thanks for all of your work on this great mod.

Weird, I didn't get any startup problems

Perhaps it has something to do with other related mods that KSPI depends on. Have you updated all mods to their 1.1 version. It should inclide at least Toolbar and Tweakscale and IFS. Especialy the last one is most likely to cause hanging when not updated. Wait a second, you proably just used the IFS distributed with KSPI-E, but I haven't actualy updated yet, so I suspect this is the problem.  I will upload a propr link this evening

Edited by FreeThinker

20 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Alright, I'm making some progress, it can actually switch again. If anyone is interested helping me test it, I will provide a link where to download an experimental build

More than happy to help test. It's just not the same game without Interstellar!

-c

Download Version 1.8.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1 from  Here

Released on 2016-04-12

• Upgreaded to KSP 1.1
  • Added High Temperature Foldable Radiators
  • Updated CRP to 0.5
  • Update Toolbar to 1.1 compatiable version
  • Included Tweakscale which is compatiable to KSP 1.1
Edited by FreeThinker

34 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Download Version 1.8.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1 from  SpaceDock

Released on 2016-04-12

• Upgreaded to KSP 1.1
  • Added High Temperature Foldable Radiators
  • Updated CRP to 0.5
  • Update Toolbar to 1.1 compatiable version
  • Included Tweakscale which is compatiable to KSP 1.1

Nice :)

Hmm these umbrella radiators.... is it possible to use them as heatshield?

And this KSPedia.... can you use it, so we can know what unlocks when, which propellants are best, how do engines/reactors work and so on?

Edited by raxo2222

34 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

Hmm these umbrella radiators.... is it possible to use them as heatshield?

Well you might be able to use them in the upper atmosphere to slow down, but once you reach the critical point (at arround 37000 on stock), you will likely either flip over, or they get ripped off. but as long as auto deployment is active, it should retract in time by itself before that happens

Edited by FreeThinker

57 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

And this KSPedia.... can you use it, so we can know what unlocks when, which propellants are best, how do engines/reactors work and so on?

If we can actually add entries to them that would be great, if so, I could use some help to create and good Wiki for use in game.

Edited by FreeThinker

On 3/9/2016 at 0:28 AM, FreeThinker said:

Thank you for reporting. DR has a history of messing KSPI-E up. DR changes the thermal charasteristics of all parts, including KSPI which specificly relies on them NOT to change.. I will include some countermeasures in my next release, which should correct the problem.

Well, there is KSPedia folder located in GameData/Squad/

Its full of .ksp files with names like kspedia_orbitalmaneuvers-hohmanntransfer.ksp. I tried editing one of the files with notepad++ and I don't think they are text files, which is about the extent of my modding knowledge.

Edit: I found a guide on how to edit them here.

Edited by Rabada

I am having the same issue as MaxRebo is having with the NERVA engine. However I got up to the tech level that allowed me to use it, instead of getting to use it via a contract. I can put it anywhere on a rocket and it does not matter. Everything is fine until I right click on the NERVA to use tweekscale. After that I do not get anything from right clicking on it or any of the other parts. I can "recover" by exiting the vehicle assembly building and then re-entering the building. Then the menus work again, until I right click a NERVA.

Edited by ZarDan

Hey I'm having an issue with RCSound (which might be caused by other mods) 

bL1gLu9.jpg

all RCS thrusters are showing this effect constantly in editor as well as in flight, if you wonder those are jetpacks but I had the same problem with RCSound before I used a lot of the other mods

is there an easy way to fix this? and they just appear to be thrusting

I also think this is new

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

ModuleLiftingSurface.FixedUpdate

thanks a lot for updating this great mod :D

but completely unrelated to the RCSound error I think it might be something caused by another mod I have installed, no idea which yet

Edited by lude

5 minutes ago, lude said:

Hey I'm having an issue with RCSound (which might be caused by other mods) 

bL1gLu9.jpg

all RCS thrusters are showing this effect constantly in editor as well as in flight, if you wonder those are jetpacks but I had the same problem with RCSound before I used a lot of the other mods

is there an easy way to fix this? and they just appear to be thrusting

I also think this is new

but completely unrelated to the RCSound error I think it might be something caused by another mod I have installed, no idea which yet

Welcome in the 64 bit hell. Only way to determin what is wrong is create a copy of your KSP, eliminate oll mods and start adding mods one by one untill the problem repeats

22 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Welcome in the 64 bit hell. Only way to determin what is wrong is create a copy of your KSP, eliminate oll mods and start adding mods one by one untill the problem repeats

Hehe, yeah at some point I will be doing that, trying to find all instances of liftingsurfaces stuff now with grep and I am using

useLightingEffects = false

in RCSsound for now to just disable it but downloaded the source to have a look at it since there's nothing enlightening in the error log and I had that problem when I only had a few mods because I just had to test the 1.05 version of KSPIe with the x64 build

but creating a copy is good advice

-- edit -- also there's no instance of moduleliftingsurface in your mods and for now I'll assume that it's savegame related and might be caused by tweakscale or one of the mods using it tho first time seeing that error

also I've just been reading that the RCSSound issue is caused by modulemanager .21

Edited by lude

1 hour ago, lude said:

Hehe, yeah at some point I will be doing that, trying to find all instances of liftingsurfaces stuff now with grep and I am using

in RCSsound for now to just disable it but downloaded the source to have a look at it since there's nothing enlightening in the error log and I had that problem when I only had a few mods because I just had to test the 1.05 version of KSPIe with the x64 build

but creating a copy is good advice

-- edit -- also there's no instance of moduleliftingsurface in your mods and for now I'll assume that it's savegame related and might be caused by tweakscale or one of the mods using it tho first time seeing that error

also I've just been reading that the RCSSound issue is caused by modulemanager .21

I've had the same problem too, but it doesn't show up when I'm launching the vehicle, it only shows up inside the VAB/SPH.

BTW, FreeThinker, the umbrella radiator keeps on deploying inside the VAB/SPH. How do I fix this? OR can you fix it? :)

35 minutes ago, ChrisJGames said:

I have an issue in the 1.1 version of KSPI-E that in my career/science mode saves I do not have the proper tech tree, I have the stock one. I have checked my gamedata and I don't have the TreeLoader or whatever it is called it is something like that.

CommunityTechTree

it's in the zip file tho

Download Version 1.8.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1 from here

Released on 2016-04-13

• Fixed Radial tanks ability to crossfeed
  • Added decoupling to all KSPI radial tanks
  • Updated Module manager to 2.6.21
2 hours ago, ChrisJGames said:

oh, ok *grabs the noob hat*

I just checked it and I do not have the Community Tech Tree :(

Should be fixed by Module manager to 2.6.21

Edited by FreeThinker

23 hours ago, ZarDan said:

I am having the same issue as MaxRebo is having with the NERVA engine. However I got up to the tech level that allowed me to use it, instead of getting to use it via a contract. I can put it anywhere on a rocket and it does not matter. Everything is fine until I right click on the NERVA to use tweekscale. After that I do not get anything from right clicking on it or any of the other parts. I can "recover" by exiting the vehicle assembly building and then re-entering the building. Then the menus work again, until I right click a NERVA.

Your best bet is to unlock Advanced Nuclear Propulsion. The NERVA upgrade you get from that node does not have this problem, and TweakScale works without a hitch (although I consider TweakScale'ing NERVAs to be an abhorrent act of cheating you should be very ashamed of :mad:

...:sticktongue:)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.