KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

1 hour ago, Profit- said:

That's kinda funny, I  must be thinking of an old version but argon use to produce spectacular thrust and xenon even more with liquid fuel being like 10th best for the plasma engine which should be like the vasmir

I tested VASMIR with this inline arcjet RCS and infinite fuel on.

When I kept switching type of this RCS tank and matching propellant for VASMIR, I noticed that Liquid Fuel had highest thrust of all propellants available for VASMIR engine.

11 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Notice the current vasmir will be changed to correct 2 inconsistencies with reality  , VASMIR cannot pressurize propellant like NTR (no trust bonus) and no cannot possibly operate in an atmosphere.

So it will have reduced TWR for Liquid Fuel?

Also I updated my antimatter powered spaceplane - it uses Thermal Turbojet and 2 VASMIR at sides with adjusted size, so power usage is as close to 100% as possible.

Also it has enough antimatter for week of continuous thrust. I wonder if I could add emergency quantum engines to it.

http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/HHCSRtCd/file.html

I set thrust limiter to 84%, so ISP of VASMIR was slightly higher at 100% throttle, than for Thermal Turbojet.

Edited by raxo2222

2 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

So it will have reduced TWR for Liquid Fuel?

Even whitout the thrust bonus, Liquid Fuel is still kind of OP because of it's high density. Fortunatly we can compenate for this by making the fuel tanks for non Liquid Fuel Lighter as well

Edited by FreeThinker

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Even whitout the thrust bonus, Liquid Fuel is still kind of OP because of it's high density. Fortunatly we can compenate for this by making the fuel tanks for non Liquid Fuel Lighter as well

I meant highest absolute thrust, not TWR, but still its nice enough for leaving upper atmosphere.

Liquid Hydrogen and Liquid Fuel have lowest and highest thrust respectively.

Yes I used hyper edit to get ship here and infinite fuel cheat, so I can cycle trough fuels like there were tank here.

Edited by raxo2222

1 hour ago, raxo2222 said:

I meant highest absolute thrust, not TWR, but still its nice enough for leaving upper atmosphere.

Liquid Hydrogen and Liquid Fuel have lowest and highest thrust respectively.

Yes I used hyper edit to get ship here and infinite fuel cheat, so I can cycle trough fuels like there were tank here.

is this 1.1.1 or 1.1  ?

Hi guys,

I think the droptank x48 is bugged. I accepted a mission to test it in orbit around the Mun and whenever a ship has the droptank on it, it won't take off of the launchpad. It will even stay suspended in the air if, say, I have a decoupler and a modular grid segment below my ship (I don't have launch stability enhancer yet). If I only remove the droptank from the ship, it will lift off just fine, so I guess it comes from the droptank.

I'm playing KSP 1.1 with KSPI extended 1.8.9

Cheers,

And thanks for this awesome mod!

19 minutes ago, yaume said:

Hi guys,

I think the droptank x48 is bugged. I accepted a mission to test it in orbit around the Mun and whenever a ship has the droptank on it, it won't take off of the launchpad. It will even stay suspended in the air if, say, I have a decoupler and a modular grid segment below my ship (I don't have launch stability enhancer yet). If I only remove the droptank from the ship, it will lift off just fine, so I guess it comes from the droptank.

I'm playing KSP 1.1 with KSPI extended 1.8.9

Cheers,

And thanks for this awesome mod!

This is a know issue. The problem was caused by IFS which created negative mass resulting in the vessel behaving like a balloon, floating away. To fix it, update IFS to the most recent version compatible with your version of KSP

Edited by FreeThinker

47 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

This is a know issue. The problem was caused by IFS which created negative mass resulting in the vessel behaving like a balloon, floating away. To fix it, update IFS to the most recent version compatible with your version of KSP

Issue? Sounds more like undocumented feature =p

3 hours ago, dark jam said:

who made the MK2 KSPI Extension Mod  And can they put it on something other than kerbalstuff

ABZB it is on Spacedock Download and Github Download hir is the forum thread

PS: It would by nice if FreeThinker was able to integrate the InterstellarFuelSwitch-Part in to  InterstellarFuelSwitch

Edited by EnigmaG

Hi there,

i noticed one of the recent updates to interstellar introduced USI Kolonization reactors to be converted into UF4/ThF4 interstellar reactors. Thats fine by me, but leaves an important part untouched. USI introduces the resource Uraninite processed by the "Nuclear Fuel Processor" into EnrichedUranium. This functionality is useless now and I created a patch for my personal game to fix it:

@PART[MK3_NukeProcessor]:NEEDS[KolonyTools]:FOR[WarpPlugin]
{
        -RESOURCE[EnrichedUranium] { }
        -MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]:HAS[#ConverterName[Breeder]] { }
        -MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]:HAS[#ConverterName[Centrifuge]] { }
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = UF4
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 100
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceConverter
		ConverterName = UF4 Breeding
		StartActionName = Start UF4 Breeding
		StopActionName = Stop UF4 Breeding

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Uraninite
			Ratio = 0.00850
			FlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
		}
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 6
		}
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Machinery
			Ratio = 0.000001
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = UF4
			Ratio = 0.00085
			DumpExcess = False
		}

REQUIRED_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Machinery
			Ratio = 2000
		}		
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceConverter
		ConverterName = Reprocessing Actinides
		StartActionName = Start Reprocessing
		StopActionName = Stop Reprocessing

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Actinides
			Ratio = 0.00085
		}
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 180
		}
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Machinery
			Ratio = 0.000001
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = UF4
			Ratio = 0.000085
			DumpExcess = False
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = DepletedFuel
			Ratio = 0.000765
			DumpExcess = False
		}

REQUIRED_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Machinery
			Ratio = 2000
		}		
	}

Now Uraninite gets processed into UF4 at a 10 to 1 ratio and Actinides can slowly be reprocessed yielding 90% depleted fuel and 10% UF4 again, requiring high EC. Might not be perfectly balanced yet, and UF4 production should probably require a secondary resource for flourid provision - but its a starting point.

I need a bit of help. no matter how many reactors i add i cannot hit the minimum power requirement of the warp drive. i even tried building a ship out of antimatter reactors, but that didn't work. can someone help?

1 hour ago, Plecy75 said:

I need a bit of help. no matter how many reactors i add i cannot hit the minimum power requirement of the warp drive. i even tried building a ship out of antimatter reactors, but that didn't work. can someone help?

you need reactor and charged particle generator atleast 2 foldable radiators and full antimater tank . You have to be far away from planet ( atleast 1000km )

Version 1.8.13 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2

Released on 2016-05-01

• Updated IFS to 1.28
  • Compiled against 1.1.2
  • Stabilized mass ratio's of Interstellar Fuel Tank configurations
  • Significantly Increased Temperature Radiators at minimum techlevel
  • Slightly Increased Temperature Radiators at maximum techlevel
  • Reduced Radiators surface bonus by 30%
  • Fixed filter Extension displaying obsolete tanks
  • Added Long and Wide Fixed Convection Radiators
  • Reduced Mass and increased Tech requirement Graphite radiators
  • Added fuel processing for MKS (Credits TheTaleteller)
Edited by FreeThinker

It makes my game crash. Every few minutes. Is there a known incompatibility for Fuel tanks plus? That I might have overlooked :3

Edit: has nothing to do with any other mod. and sometimes my ships start floating in the air from the launchpad ( no hack gravity option enabled )

Edited by zayaraq

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

I would appreciate any new feedback

I'd like to test more, but I play only in Science, so i have to start a new save every KSP update.

On a side note... I still have to learn how to make the new engines work properly...:confused:

1 hour ago, zayaraq said:

It makes my game crash. Every few minutes. Is there a known incompatibility for Fuel tanks plus? That I might have overlooked :3

Edit: has nothing to do with any other mod. and sometimes my ships start floating in the air from the launchpad ( no hack gravity option enabled )

That problem should have been fixed. What version of KSPI-E are you using, and what are the steps to reproduce?

Edited by FreeThinker

21 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

WHat version of KSPI-E ar you using, and what are the steps to reproduce?

I'm sorry but I have absolutely no idea how to reproduce it, cause it seems to be completely random. The last crash was maybe an hour ago. And why do the Nervas's thrust change differently for each engine? That makes it impossible for me to use more than one in a single ship. (something with Actinides) I have to say that I'm a total noob in KSP and Interstellar. 

and sorry I forgot.. I'm using version 1.8.14

Edited by zayaraq

15 minutes ago, zayaraq said:

I'm sorry but I have absolutely no idea how to reproduce it, cause it seems to be completely random. The last crash was maybe an hour ago. And why do the Nervas's thrust change differently for each engine? That makes it impossible for me to use more than one in a single ship. (something with Actinides) I have to say that I'm a total noob in KSP and Interstellar. 

If you have KSP from Steam, try to validate your install, maybe something in the last update broken it. Other wise try to reinstall KSP, it seems like a game bug than a mod issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.