KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

4 hours ago, spec111 said:

Hello! How to make D-Vista engine that it will not asks for refuel from other tanks in flight?

What do you mean, it has some on board fuel and propellant to be operational for considerable delta V and it should automatically pump more if available. What is the problem?

11 hours ago, ss8913 said:

@FreeThinker I'm still having some trouble with the QSRs myself... seems like for the expense and heat of these things they're a bit underpowered?  Compared to antimatter at least, the weight and heat put off by these things is far higher than a similarly-sized antimatter reactor and a lot less power is generated... Is that expected?

Underpowered? have you noticed that it starts its power output at 10%? you can increase it!

Edited by FreeThinker

47 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Underpowered, have you noticed that it starts it power output at 10%, you can increase it.

Figured that out, yeah.  Now it works as I had hoped, thanks :)

After getting to my destination and trying to go BACK, though... trying to charge the warp drive... charges very fast, gets to 99.99% and then says "insufficient MW power" - and the whole time, the MJ helper is showing zero draw on the entire system.  Attempting a KSP restart to see if that fixes it.

Anyone know any planet packs that have complete resource data, though?  I've tried 'Interstellar adventures" which the atmospheric spectrometer shows *nothing* for, and "extrasolar planets beyond kerbol" and those seem to be incomplete... is Galileo the way to go or does that also have issues?

Edited by ss8913

6 hours ago, ss8913 said:

Anyone know any planet packs that have complete resource data, though?  I've tried 'Interstellar adventures" which the atmospheric spectrometer shows *nothing* for, and "extrasolar planets beyond kerbol" and those seem to be incomplete... is Galileo the way to go or does that also have issues?

What atmospheric spectrometer? Even if no resource are defined, it should b able to generate one based on the celestial body characteristics

Notice that ISRU parts contain a button called sample, it will display a list of all resources present in the atmosphere

6 hours ago, ss8913 said:

After getting to my destination and trying to go BACK, though... trying to charge the warp drive... charges very fast, gets to 99.99% and then says "insufficient MW power" - and the whole time, the MJ helper is showing zero draw on the entire system.  Attempting a KSP restart to see if that fixes .

could you create a minimum parts craft file which allows me to replay the bug?

Version 1.12.8 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-02-28

• Added Oceanic resource extractor which depending on resources available in the ocean allows you to extract different types of resources (credits by EvilGeorge)
  • Added ability of Vista Engine to switch between D-T and D-D fusion (credits by Viseriod)
  • Added Ability of Fusion reactor to run on either Liquid or Gas Resource, or mixed, without switching
  • Added Automated Cryogenic Gas converted to inline Refrigerator ISRU (credits by sopindm)
  • Fixed Light mirror ability to relay (credits by ms6107)

9 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

What atmospheric spectrometer? Even if no resource are defined, it should b able to generate one based on the celestial body characteristics

Notice that ISRU parts contain a button called sample, it will display a list of all resources present in the atmosphere

could you create a minimum parts craft file which allows me to replay the bug?

the... gas chromatograph spectrometer which I'm 99% sure is from this mod?  I landed on the planet "Mir" and it showed only trace elements of He3 and He4.  Whilst the atmospheric pressure was 5x that of Kerbin, I knew that couldn't possibly be complete.  I'll try with the ISRU part.  My interstellar craft is now, thanks to the QSRs, able to drive 2000t of starship + 800t of payload at 100c all the way there and back (10 light-years by earth standards, 9.460 petameters), at MTOW... 250c on the way back when it's lighter :)

As for the bug, nevermind; my dropship-probe that I had with me had a design flaw that required me at the time to use an 'infinite propellant' and 'infinite electricity' cheat in the ALT-F12 menu - that was the cause of the weird behavior.  Which may be a bug that the FTL doesn't work with those options set, but, if I were you I'd consider that out of scope for a fix.  I've since redesigned the probe.
Also, the "parts fall off at high FTL + high timewarp" seems to be fixed as soon as I got rid of persistent rotation.  I can go 250c at 10000x timewarp with no issues now.

side note: If anyone wants the craft file for the aforementioned starship, let me know.  It requires this mod plus MKS/UKS, OPT, and RemoteTech.  Can be built in space, or you can use the optional ground launch (detachable) module to take it all the way from the pad to orbit without using any of the actual ship's fuel.  4400t at launch, about 2800t after detaching the launch stage.  Has infinite habitation timers for 6 kerbals and about 5 years' worth of supplies.  The trip to the 10LY-away-star-system can be done, roundtrip, in under 300 days.

Edited by ss8913

1 hour ago, ss8913 said:

side note: If anyone wants the craft file for the aforementioned starship, let me know.  It requires this mod plus MKS/UKS, OPT, and RemoteTech.  Can be built in space, or you can use the optional ground launch (detachable) module to take it all the way from the pad to orbit without using any of the actual ship's fuel.  4400t at launch, about 2800t after detaching the launch stage.  Has infinite habitation timers for 6 kerbals and about 5 years' worth of supplies.  The trip to the 10LY-away-star-system can be done, roundtrip, in under 300 days.

I'd love to load up that craft file and see how you have it set up, please share it!

5 hours ago, ss8913 said:

the... gas chromatograph spectrometer which I'm 99% sure is from this mod?  I landed on the planet "Mir" and it showed only trace elements of He3 and He4.  Whilst the atmospheric pressure was 5x that of Kerbin,

Mir? what planet pack is that? It should have generated a composition but from it's description I understand it has trouble deciding

10 hours ago, ss8913 said:

As for the bug, nevermind; my dropship-probe that I had with me had a design flaw that required me at the time to use an 'infinite propellant' and 'infinite electricity' cheat in the ALT-F12 menu - that was the cause of the weird behavior.  Which may be a bug that the FTL doesn't work with those options set, but, if I were you I'd consider that out of scope for a fix.

Ah, I guess there is still a check present which detects the amount of power generated which does not get omitted when infinite power is active

Edited by FreeThinker

17 hours ago, ss8913 said:

I would love to see some picture from this vessel.

17 hours ago, ss8913 said:

Also, the "parts fall off at high FTL + high timewarp" seems to be fixed as soon as I got rid of persistent rotation.  I can go 250c at 10000x timewarp with no issues now.

So persistent rotation was causing problems, Which would explainable because trying to turn and deaccelerate at the same is never a good idea  By getting rid of persistent rotation you mean uninstall, or just disable it? Since you have this experience with warp travel, what do you think of the balance of the Warp engine?

Edited by FreeThinker

I think there is something wrong with my plasma engines.  The ATTILA and VASMIR both have really pink, weak looking exhausts which are much larger in diameter than the engines.  I'd post a picture but Imgur is down.  The plasma nozzle and Magneto Plasma Dynamic Thruster exhaust look fine.  Just seems to be these two engines which both look identical.

22 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Released on 2017-02-28

• Added Oceanic resource extractor which depending on resources available in the ocean allows you to extract different types of resources (credits by EvilGeorge)
  • Added ability of Vista Engine to switch between D-T and D-D fusion (credits by Viseriod)
  • Added Ability of Fusion reactor to run on either Liquid or Gas Resource, or mixed, without switching
  • Added Automated Cryogenic Gas converted to inline Refrigerator ISRU (credits by sopindm)

Seems you turned my Hex ISRU processors into refrigerators.  I'll have to go manually switch one out on my moonbase setup.  Easy to do with KAS and EL.

2 hours ago, DoubleUU said:

I think there is something wrong with my plasma engines.  The ATTILA and VASMIR both have really pink, weak looking exhausts which are much larger in diameter than the engines.  I'd post a picture but Imgur is down.  The plasma nozzle and Magneto Plasma Dynamic Thruster exhaust look fine.  Just seems to be these two engines which both look identical.

Ok, Imgur is back up o this is what the exhaust looks like (sorry it's so dark, if I need a better image let me know):

QrCqKED.png

Edited by DoubleUU

7 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

I would love to see some picture from this vessel.

So persistent rotation was causing problems, Which would explainable because trying to turn and deaccelerate at the same is never a good idea  By getting rid of persistent rotation you mean uninstall, or just disable it? Since you have this experience with warp travel, what do you think of the balance of the Warp engine?

Had to uninstall it entirely to make the problem go away.

Hello,

for several days I try to get the IR-Telescope working. But somehow I can´t manage to find anything with He4. Maybe I´m just a bit thumb, can pls someone post a picture from the cryostat-tank which I´ve to connect to the telescope? And is it possible that in my game this part is missing? Everything else is there. Tried a new Game in Sandbox and couldn´t figuere it aut there too.

Thx in advance.

RzFmaiw.jpg

here's a pic of that ship I was referencing... there's 3, kinda 4 stages here.. the very bottom is an antimatter powered disposable thermal launch rocket stage that can get this whole thing to orbit with authority.  Up from that is a kontainer of materialkits needed to inflate the hab ring.  Above that and hard to see here is the lander probe that it comes with by default, and above that is the main ship.  I've opened the OPT cargo bays so you can see what's inside, plus the two dorsal docking ports near the cockpit.

On 2/28/2017 at 1:17 AM, FreeThinker said:

Released on 2017-02-28

what happen with salt water container? how can extract salt water if no storage?

21 minutes ago, Acvila said:

what happen with salt water container? how can extract salt water if no storage?

You no longer need it/ It is replaced by IntakeLqd, which is an abstract generic resource. depending on the oceanic composition, it will contain different chemicals, on earth/Kerbin it will be similar to salt water

Edited by FreeThinker

Just now, FreeThinker said:

You no longer need it, it is replaced by IntakeLqd, which is more generic. depending on the oceanic composition, it will contain different chemicals, on earth/Kerbin it will be similar to salt water

how can you harvest intake liquid? what you need? how can i make lithium now? i tried with isru on water but no lithium production

2 minutes ago, Acvila said:

how can you harvest intake liquid? what you need? how can i make lithium now? i tried with isru on water but no lithium production

Either use air intakes or stock radial drill to pump InkakeLqd

@FreeThinker I noticed that the resistojet RCS modules now allow CompressedAir as a resource - but I can't find any way to generate this resource.  Just putting intakes on the craft doesn't do it... is there a new air compressor part that I'm not seeing?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.