FreeThinker

19 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@raxo2222 the gas tanks contain a IntakeAtm to Compresed air auto converter

Well it doesn't work.

Edit: apparently you have to move slider one way or other to make it work

Edited by raxo2222

Version 1.12.19 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-04-08

• Added 3 additional energy manager besides the Megajoules, for Thermal heat, Charged Particles, and Wasteheat
  • Added, identical parts like cryostats and radiators are grouped together, reducing the size of the management windows
  • Added resources LqdNeon and LqdKrypton to Cryostat storage
  • Balance: Reduce Boiloff Wrapper tanks and added Hydrolox fuel mode
  • Balance modified tech requirement of some containers
  • Fixed ISRU Refinery Window
  • Fixed D-T fusion ability to function correctly with on LqdDeuterium + tritium gas

This is how the new power management  windows look like

KXgVID4.png

Notice  the number in front of some parts, which are grouped together into a single row, saving a lot of room, which can now be used for more useful purposes.

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

This is how the new power management  windows look like

KXgVID4.png

Notice  the number in front of some parts, which are grouped together into a single row, saving a lot of room, which can now be used for more useful purposes.

Absolutely brilliant! Thank you!!

Not all resources have their tanks.

Kerbal engineer shows all resources on test ship, and there are few missing resources, that you can find only in stock tanks (shown in screenshot).

Also there are no hydrates/kerosene tank at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aslo there is two forms of water: one in cryogenic tank and other in isru.

Liquid argon still instantly disappears.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two refineries windows still not fixed:

Edited by raxo2222

I swear you go through mod revisions as fast or faster than I go through ship designs.

Unfortunately I have been mandated to work all weekend, but have been getting closer to the next phase of my wireless power swarm. I'm sorry it took so long to get around to this next milestone; real life happens! However, be aware that I am working steadily on proper presentation, documentation, and instruction. I really was not happy with my previous rushed post; a revision is in order. While this will be done in more of a photo journalism styling, through Imgur, I wish to be as thorough as possible. Please be patient, this will be my primary project for the next week and will hopefully be completed and posted next weekend.  

Sincerely, 

-A.A. 

5 hours ago, SpaceMouse said:

Ok, really dumb question here. Is wasteheat now partially converted into a power resource? I swear i used less radiators...

No what happens is that the Electric generators prevent additional wasteheat by converting heat and charged particles into usefull electric power. If it didn't it would become wasteheat. This is part of the law of energy conversation. This is why fusion reactor only connected to a charge particle direct converted creates additional wasteheat. The thermalheat which also produced durring D-He3, never gets converted into usefull MJ power, causing it to be turned into wasteheat.

Edited by FreeThinker

10 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

No what happens is that the Electric generators prevent additional wasteheat by converting heat and charged particles into usefull electric power. If it didn't it would become wasteheat. This is part of the law of energy conversation. This is why fusion reactor only connected to a charge particle direct converted creates additional wasteheat. The thermalheat which also produced durring D-He3, never gets converted into usefull MJ power, causing it to be turned into wasteheat.

Yeah, i understand that, I was mostly just wondering if the balance changed with the power system update... My understanding was you were using crazy amounts of waste-heat as a balance to more efficient engines.

3 hours ago, SpaceMouse said:

Yeah, i understand that, I was mostly just wondering if the balance changed with the power system update... My understanding was you were using crazy amounts of waste-heat as a balance to more efficient engines.

There should be changes to balance, but to help you get more insight you can use new improved management display which also show power input

IhKJpzd.png

Edited by FreeThinker

Version 1.12.20 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2

Released on 2017-04-09

• Added display of all power suppliers in Power Manager views
  • Added Reduced Power Manager font size
  • Added Automated Reactor back throttling when overheating, which prevents reactors from unexpected shutdowns
  • Balance Solar Cells no longer produce double power

Gah. I'm confused yet again by KSPi's warp drive balance. My ship has plenty of power for the minumum, I read a forum thread and thought at 350T maybe it was too heavy so tried shrinking the rings and it didn't work either. It implied my warp-mass ratio has to be below 1 but that doesn't even seem possible at this scale. I keep getting 'critical power shortage'. Your mod confounds me @FreeThinker.

8 minutes ago, SpaceMouse said:

Gah. I'm confused yet again by KSPi's warp drive balance. My ship has plenty of power for the minumum, I read a forum thread and thought at 350T maybe it was too heavy so tried shrinking the rings and it didn't work either. It implied my warp-mass ratio has to be below 1 but that doesn't even seem possible at this scale. I keep getting 'critical power shortage'. Your mod confounds me @FreeThinker.

Add more warp drive power and move further away of Kerbin and you should be able to warp

17 minutes ago, SpaceMouse said:

Yup, that was the first thing i tried

Your warp speed is too slow, your current minimum speed is 0.63. You have configured it for 0.16c, which is too slow for your combination of warp power and available electric power. Going faster or slower than 1c requires more power but becomes more power efficient when > 1c So, move vessel far away from Kerbin, select 1c and you should be able to launch.

Edited by FreeThinker

43 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Your warp speed is too slow, minimum speed is 0.63. You have configured for 0.16, which is too slow for your combination of warp power and available electric power. Going faster or slower than 1c requires more power but becomes more power efficient when > 1c

I increased the reactor size a bit more and got it... I think the reason is because the exotic matter charging is still using all my power even after it fills. So there wasn't enough to go around. I get you need alot of power to keep the warp field but shouldn't it ramp down SIGNIFICANTLY when its no longer generating exotic matter? I can't shut just that off. It shuts the whole thing off.

7 hours ago, SpaceMouse said:

you also need enough generators... a 5m antimatter reactor and a 5m charged particle generator is usually enough to power even the biggest of warp drives.... to a point.  If you're only going within the Kerbol system you're fine; if you have a mod pack like the really nice Trappist-1/Interstellar Adventures pack, and the stars are further away, you're going to want something that can push 250c for 100+ days, and for that you need the QSR (works well, IMO; I have a ~2000t starship that can push 250c for *years* using 2 QSRs and a really big heavy warp drive).

@FreeThinker I'm having some trouble with tweakscaling these parts (latest tweakscale, latest KSPIE)... either the problem is new, the problem is worse now, or I've always had this problem and somehow didn't notice, but... for example the plasma nozzle... all else being equal, I get more thrust and dV out of a 3.5m engine compared to a 5m engine, assuming a 5m antimatter reactor.  It's like the weight scales up more than the thrust does on this thing.  Also if I just scale the part in place the numbers on it are *weird*.  like the weight, dV calculations, thrust calculations, everything... if I remove the engine and reattach it, things go back to normal; I don't recall seeing this problem before, so not sure if it's new or not.

Edited by ss8913

2 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

you also need enough generators... a 5m antimatter reactor and a 5m charged particle generator is usually enough to power even the biggest of warp drives.... to a point.  If you're only going within the Kerbol system you're fine; if you have a mod pack like the really nice Trappist-1/Interstellar Adventures pack, and the stars are further away, you're going to want something that can push 250c for 100+ days, and for that you need the QSR (works well, IMO; I have a ~2000t starship that can push 250c for *years* using 2 QSRs and a really big heavy warp drive).

This particular one was just a layout for another project I'm working on. Wanted some numbers for how much i would need to haul 400+ Tons around our general neighborhood.

On 4/7/2017 at 10:30 AM, raxo2222 said:

Well it doesn't work.

Edit: apparently you have to move slider one way or other to make it work

not nearly fast enough, though.  powering 1 or 2 ATILLA thrusters will eat through it faster than I can make it replenish it, and by eat it fast, I mean "just a few seconds of useful thrust".

hm.  tried using a QSR as a thermal power source for a thermal engine (plasma or thermal ramjet)... it works, but the thermal power output of the QSR fluctuates up and down when the engine is throttled up, causing fluctuations in thrust and ISP.  Why is this happening?  I have plenty of power maintaining the QSR reaction, and it doesn't matter what power value i set the QSR to, it does this at any setting.  I don't see anything obviously wrong, and only this reactor exhibits this behavior.. other thermal reactors deliver consistent power.  Any ideas?  I also notice wasteheat is building up a lot faster than in previous versions.. had to re-do some designs that were working OK a couple of days ago.

24 minutes ago, ss8913 said:

hm.  tried using a QSR as a thermal power source for a thermal engine (plasma or thermal ramjet)... it works, but the thermal power output of the QSR fluctuates up and down when the engine is throttled up, causing fluctuations in thrust and ISP.  Why is this happening?  I have plenty of power maintaining the QSR reaction, and it doesn't matter what power value i set the QSR to, it does this at any setting.  I don't see anything obviously wrong, and only this reactor exhibits this behavior.. other thermal reactors deliver consistent power.  Any ideas?  I also notice wasteheat is building up a lot faster than in previous versions.. had to re-do some designs that were working OK a couple of days ago.

You cant use QSR to feed engines with thermal energy/charged particles. It appears you are using whatever reactors you used to startup QSR.

32 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

You cant use QSR to feed engines with thermal energy/charged particles. It appears you are using whatever reactors you used to startup QSR.

weird.  I thought any reactor that produced ThermalPower could power a thermal engine.  Why is that not true?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.