KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes something changed, the build in alternator was replaced by a build in thermal electric generator. Does it work in the vessels?

probably not

im getting 0 EC generated.

throttle has no effect on this.

i didnt try a very long burn time but up to 60 seconds i didnt see any effect on EC generation

do i need to change a slider in the engean? (i tried to change  a new slider from 1 to 5 but didnt see any effect)

is it (thermal electric generator) a different part?

p.s.
wem thers a change in warp number  thers a jump in EC and MJ but its a 1 time event and not every time thers a change in warp number

10 minutes ago, danielboro said:

probably not

im getting 0 EC generated.

throttle has no effect on this.

i didnt try a very long burn time but up to 60 seconds i didnt see any effect on EC generation

do i need to change a slider in the engean? (i tried to change  a new slider from 1 to 5 but didnt see any effect)

is it (thermal electric generator) a different part?

p.s.
wem thers a change in warp number  thers a jump in EC and MJ but its a 1 time event and not every time thers a change in warp number

Did you staged the engine? I made a test this morning and it seems that it works. Much slower than before, but it provides energy.

@Nansuchao its a ship on the way back from minmus flyby ve mun flyby whit 12 turists

i didnt think to try a stage.

can you give me an estimate of EC/s you get?

i turned off all ec users but didn't get any increase in EC

alas this ship had a bad airobrake and lost most of the solar panels so even in the sun it cant get inaf EC just from them

15 minutes ago, danielboro said:

@Nansuchao its a ship on the way back from minmus flyby ve mun flyby whit 12 turists

i didnt think to try a stage.

can you give me an estimate of EC/s you get?

i turned off all ec users but didn't get any increase in EC

alas this ship had a bad airobrake and lost most of the solar panels so even in the sun it cant get inaf EC just from them

Sure, give me enough time to start up KSP 

@danielboro I just tested Solid Core Nuclear Engine. I think it works as intended, unlike CANDLE. In the cfg file, there are

MODULE
  {
  name = InterstellarFissionNTR
  minimumThrottle = 0.0005
  }
MODULE
  {
  name = FNGenerator
  isLimitedByMinThrotle = true
  pCarnotEff = 0.04
  }

I don't know exactly how they works, but assuming that means 0.05% of thermal power is used for generater, with max power output of 333KW, it would produce about 333*0.005*0.04=0.00666EC/s. I tested on Launchpad and it gave me 0.006EC/s. It was 40EC/s before the update.

Edited by Nompeng2

2 hours ago, Nompeng2 said:

@danielboroI don't know exactly how they works, but assuming that means 0.05% of thermal power is used for generater, with max power output of 333KW, it would produce about 333*0.005*0.04=0.00666EC/s. I tested on Launchpad and it gave me 0.006EC/s. It was 40EC/s before the update.

Question, do you have  Near Future Installed? it might explain the low numbers

Edited by FreeThinker

i do.

i edited  

basePowerOutputMk1 = 166.66667
        basePowerOutputMk2 = 250
to 

basePowerOutputMk1 = 1666.66667
        basePowerOutputMk2 = 2500
didt see any effect

edit:
any suggestion wat i need to edit and to wat to get ~4 EC/s from etch engean?

Edited by danielboro

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Question, do you have  Near Future Installed? it might explain the low numbers

Yes, I use all near future mods, and I understood what's going on. But what about CANDLE? I tried test without the patch file, and now Solid Core Nuclear Engine produces about 3EC/s, but CANDLE still doesn't produce EC. EDIT - CANDLE produces EC in sandbox mode, but not in carrer mode

2 hours ago, danielboro said:

i do.

i edited  

basePowerOutputMk1 = 166.66667
        basePowerOutputMk2 = 250
to 

basePowerOutputMk1 = 1666.66667
        basePowerOutputMk2 = 2500
didt see any effect

Isn't you vessel launched before the update? Then editing part cfg will not work. I think PowerOutput value is kept in save file for launched vessel separately.

Another question...This forum says 'Your content will need to be approved by a moderator'. Is it because I'm Newbie?

Edited by Nompeng2

i don't know for sure if the latest update is responsible, but... my framerates are significantly better since this last update.  used to be any time I used any KSPIE parts I'd take a 50%+ hit in framerates.. not anymore.

ELECTRIC POWER BUG!!!

Help, Please. My reactors don't seem to be generating EC after the last update. the onboard 0.625m molten salt/solid state combo on my antimatter-powered SpacePlane isn't making power anymore. Neither is the 3.75m AIM/Charged particle combo on my warp shuttle. Every time I try to charge the folding warp drive, it says "not enough MW power to generate a stable warp field". The reactor puts out 60 GW, so I can't see how that's possible

Hello,I have an idea for some new energy source, How about make some larger Fuel cell system that cover Liquid hydrogen and oxygen to water and MW power in macroscopic dimensions?  that should very reliable emergency power soure, can use to restart Fusion reacter that shut down by accident.

if you are interested i will try to Collect some information about that:cool:.

Base setting:  That part have 1000kg at 2.5 diameter (250kg in 1m φ), have a build in low power Water electrolysis,Capacitance, and some small tanks , efficiency around 85%, Can be throttled.

Advanced/upgrade:can run H2-O2, CH4-O2, N2H4-H2O2  mode or even more 

Now I just need to know some realistic performance like power density, and how much MJ power you can get by cover hydrogen and oxygen to 1 ton water.

(that cfg should be simple)

IF you are having the problem with generators producing no power, for me, an F5/F9 save/reload fixes it.  I notice this happens any time I dock or undock a craft using KSPIE reactors/generators, and only since the last update.  I can reproduce this reliably.

47 minutes ago, okder said:

bug: when tank switches fuel type in flight it's empty mass changes.

This should be reported in IFS thread

13 hours ago, ShadyAct said:

Are availableinflight and availableineditor supposed to be false for the wrapper tanks? And if so, why?

Edit: In the fuel switcher module

Yes its a config mistake, it will be fixed next release

Edited by FreeThinker

23 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes its a config mistake, it will be fixed next release

I got a .6 release on CKAN  with the same issue so I copied over my fixes for the availability being false and the lack of LiquidFuel and LFO configurations. I would install it manually to rule CKAN issues out but .5 is the most recent on the front of this thread. On a positive note I love the mod and I really appreciate how far you've taken it.

Edited by ShadyAct
I'm going to try the .6 on github

To anyone who has ships whose reactors/engines shut down due to overheating and now won't produce thrust (despite looking like theys should) - I got this issue shortly after playing with the .6 update. I examined the save file, and found that the affected reactors all have double isEnabled entries with capitalization difrerences (IsEnabled/isEnabled)- one set to True, and a lower one to False. Removing the non-capitalized entry made things work again. I made the savegame edit after reverting to .5, just to be clear.

A new beta release 1.13.7 is available from here

Changelog

* Fixed Antimatter Reactor overheating when connected with thermal nozzle

* Fixed  Magnetic Target Fusion reactor will now exclusively produce Thermal Heat 

* Balance Lowered initial mass antimatter tank but increased  mass growing with scale

* Balance Removed Bimod tech requirement, which should intergratedgenerator always function

Edited by FreeThinker

18 hours ago, TheOrqwithVagrant said:

To anyone who has ships whose reactors/engines shut down due to overheating and now won't produce thrust (despite looking like theys should) - I got this issue shortly after playing with the .6 update. I examined the save file, and found that the affected reactors all have double isEnabled entries with capitalization difrerences (IsEnabled/isEnabled)- one set to True, and a lower one to False. Removing the non-capitalized entry made things work again. I made the savegame edit after reverting to .5, just to be clear.

Yeah, I had some issues with .6 where my nozzles would immediately explode on activation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.