KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

43 minutes ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

I'm currently working on a new model for the Thermal Launch Nozzle to get myself familiar with engines. Here is the current state:

a8gjsz9.png

My knowledge about rocket nozzles is rather limited and I hope for some feedback on how realistic my approach is for a launch-nozzle.

On another topic: Is someone currently working on a model for the thermal electric generator or the charged particle electric generator?

The nozzle seems very good. Usually small nozzles are used for lifters and larger ones for the vacuum of space. Then there are ones like the SSME (Space Shuttle Main Engines) that were in the middle, to be used both in atmo and space, but they provide very low thrust at sea level.

18 hours ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

On another topic: Is someone currently working on a model for the thermal electric generator or the charged particle electric generator?

I actually just discussed a new thermal generator mesh with @FreeThinker but, your a whole lot better at this than I am, :D so if you want to, feel free. Your style also matches KSP much better than mine.

Edited by SpaceMouse

On 29.8.2017 at 1:43 AM, Nansuchao said:

The nozzle seems very good. Usually small nozzles are used for lifters and larger ones for the vacuum of space. Then there are ones like the SSME (Space Shuttle Main Engines) that were in the middle, to be used both in atmo and space, but they provide very low thrust at sea level.

Thank you for the input! The engine should work in atmo and vacuum like the SSME, so the shape and size will remain unchanged. Model is almost finished:

1Ut8EYR.png

19 hours ago, SpaceMouse said:

I actually just discussed a new thermal generator mesh with @FreeThinker but, your a whole lot better at this than I am, :D so if you want to, feel free. Your style also matches KSP much better than mine.

I see, it was just bothering me that the generators have no smooth transition to attached parts and don't use 24 sided cylinders. If you already started to work on a model I don't wanna take it away. Otherwise I'll thankfully take your offer.

The power rating of the tri-alpha fusion reactor needs to be revised.

It can never reach the max. power it is rated with. The maximum power thats displayed in the editor description would only be achievable with a fuel mode that has a NormalisedReactionRate of 1, and none of the aneutronic fusion modes available on the tri alpha have that. 

Edited by Hacki

3 hours ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

I see, it was just bothering me that the generators have no smooth transition to attached parts and don't use 24 sided cylinders. If you already started to work on a model I don't wanna take it away. Otherwise I'll thankfully take your offer.

I've kinda grown used to the generator going from round to square-ish. :D I haven't started a model yet but, I DO want to re-do my fission reactor and was going to reuse some of the components.

I have uploaded a beta 1.15.1.1 which can be downloaded from here

Changelog

* Updated IFS to 2.8.1

* Added Circular Ultraviolet Photovoltaic Receiver

* Added Ability to stay in full control while AI core is active

* Added Ability to Disable AI Probe core

* Added Antimatter as an option in Charged Particle storage container

* Fixed RCS stability and power cost

* Fixed Hydrazine  isp on Arcjet and Resistojets

* Fixed Blanked Rectenna wavelength switching

* Fixed Transmit capability on Pivoted Phased Array

* Balance: Improved efficiency Thermal Power Generators

* Balance: increased mass Deplorable Phased Array

Edited by FreeThinker

For those interested I have uploaded KSP Interstellar Extended 1.15.1.2 ALPHA which can be downloaded from here

Changelog

* Adding Beamed Power Receiver Window (work in progress)

* Fixed Pivoted Phase Array Transmitting

Edited by FreeThinker

A new beta of KSPI 1.15.1.3 is vailbe from here

* Added Deployable Thermophotovoltaic Receiver (by SilverSliver)

* Added Pivoted Thermophotovoltaic Receiver (by SilverSliver)

* Added small Nuclear Battery to Computer core

* Balance: made Computer Core Artificial Intelligence Mode unlocked with Artificial Intelligence Tech

* Balance: made several beamed power transmitter available earlier

* Balance: Magneto Inertial Fusion Engine benefits for unlocking Electric Engine tech nodes

* Fixed Issues with Charged Particle Container when switching to antimatter mode

* Fixed Graphic Glitch Blanket receivers

* Fixed Issue visibility IFS tanks in stock filter part menu

Hi! Love the mod, just one thing: I made a stock Mun probe with this mod installed, and I had some provotoloic (however you pronounce that LOL) panels on it. when I was in Mun orbit, I ran out of electricity. Apparently, the panels were in direct sunlight, but there was no power flow. I know it was this mod since I know this changes things with solar panels. Please help!

1 hour ago, The_TwistedTaco said:

Hi! Love the mod, just one thing: I made a stock Mun probe with this mod installed, and I had some provotoloic (however you pronounce that LOL) panels on it. when I was in Mun orbit, I ran out of electricity. Apparently, the panels were in direct sunlight, but there was no power flow. I know it was this mod since I know this changes things with solar panels. Please help!

That seems unlikely. KSPIE is not the only mod that influence solar power you know, several other mods do it as well, like Kebalism

Edited by FreeThinker

26 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

That seems unlikely. KSPIE is not the only mod that influence solar power you know, several other mods do it as well, like Kebalism

oh, well i did install some other mods along with this. I can't quite remember all of them, but this was the only one i remember that changed solar power. well, could it have been KSPIE? do i need that Thermal electric generator thing?

13 hours ago, The_TwistedTaco said:

oh, well i did install some other mods along with this. I can't quite remember all of them, but this was the only one i remember that changed solar power. well, could it have been KSPIE? do i need that Thermal electric generator thing?

kopernicos is a problem source too
did you try F5-F9?

Uploaded new Beta which can be downloaded from here

Changelog:

* Added new Launch nozzle  by Eleusis La Arwall

* Added Thermal Mode Hydrogen Oxidizer an LFO mode which can be used with Launch Nozzle

* Balance: Reduced cost all reactors by 50%

* Balance: all part cost scales with part dry mass

Edited by FreeThinker

Uploaded 1.15.1.5 beta which can be downloaded from here

Changelog

* Added Improved Kspedia for KSPI by jahwsuf

* Balance: Reduced minimum size and cost VISTA engine

* Fixed most Scaling issues VISTA engine (except resource switch)

* Fixed stability Confinement Fusion Reactors stability against power spikes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.